Ivanov's Sv-51 (color?)

IAD

Does anybody have a scan of the painting guide for Ivanov's SV-51 they'd be willing to post?

I'm not too sure what the actual colors used are... I've been told that NATO Black (Grey?) is supposed to be a good match for the overall dark grey, but besides that, I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

~Luke

I wouldn't recommend the NATO black, it has a kind of greenish tint to it.

Tamiya German Grey is PERFECT IMO. Just be sure to use the bottle version and not the spray can version. For some reason the spray can comes out way lighter, but if you spray on the bottle version it looks just right....about a shade or 2 darker then Euro Grey, but still noticably lighter than black.

Chris

Is Tamiya German grey like Panzer grey? Panzer grey is ever so slightly darker than european grey, their FS numbers are about the 2 closest I know of. It's one of my fave colors to use, it's the darkest grey that's clearly "grey" and not "faded black".

BTW--if you ever want a zillion shades of black/dark grey, go check out the model railroad paints. They literally have engine black, grimy black, dusty black, oily black, black, and other slightly different shades of black and very dark grey. (Because how else can you individually show grease, oil, soot, and dirt on a black locomotive--and then give it a wash to highlight panel lines!) Note that grimy black is the least black of all, it's pretty clearly grey.