How Was The Macross Toy Market Before Yamato?

UN Spacy

I pretty much waited 20 years to get a macross toy. I remember I got my fisrt Macross on 1985 (a broken Jetfire) and 1986 an Imai 1/72 variable VF-1S. Hell yeah, in 2000 I got my very first YF-19 from Yamato, and know I have everything Yamato, except for the 1/48 Yamato Max VF-1A, and the max Q-Rau(blue)

It was bad, it was sooo bad that I started buying toys like Eva's and TF's. Just to satisfufy my cravings that was.

Thank God I Have been able to get all these creations!

For me - an unabashed 1/55 lover - the golden age was the period when Bandai began reissuing their VF-1's.

The Yamato Mac Plus valks had gotten back interested in Macross, Joon's, Jetfires... but even though I bought a few, I just didn't like the removable leg on the Yamato 1/60 valks. Still don't.

I remember I was hoping (praying) even though skepticism was high - that the 1/55 from Toynami would be decent or made of 1/3 die cast. It wasn't. But the 1/55 reissues more than made up for it.

As a kid in rural southern US, getting a Jetfire (the only 1/55 we could get in the 80's) that actually had printed stickers, removable cockpits and just so perfect and well-made... it was a dream come true for me.

Then the 1/48 came and the 1/55 reissues died... I still wish they'd made a SuperO and an Elint. Even if they'd charged twice as much.

There was a simliar post in this forum earlier this year by akabob:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...topic=15019&hl=

He wanted to know how the climate of collecting has changed over the years simliar to what you are asking :)  Some interesting responses..

353876[/snapback]

earlier this year... before he sold his 1/55's to me to buy 1/48's... golden age for both of us :lol: . Seriously... akabob

is a great guy and he helped me out a lot.

now I just want to see bandai re-issue the o and seeker... I would be so happy. How much do you want to bet that the week I spend 20k having a injection mold made is the same week they decide to re-issue them :(

There was a simliar post in this forum earlier this year by akabob:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...topic=15019&hl=

He wanted to know how the climate of collecting has changed over the years simliar to what you are asking :)  Some interesting responses..

353876[/snapback]

earlier this year... before he sold his 1/55's to me to buy 1/48's... golden age for both of us :lol: . Seriously... akabob

is a great guy and he helped me out a lot.

now I just want to see bandai re-issue the o and seeker... I would be so happy. How much do you want to bet that the week I spend 20k having a injection mold made is the same week they decide to re-issue them :(

354363[/snapback]

Yup if you look closely you can see Murphy and his law waiting out side the injection mold factory for you.