Pics From Silent Hill Movie

bsu legato

I need to see this movie and crap my pants from being freaked out. I really don't see it as becoming a pg-13 move. If it did, it would be a warning in advance: this movie is gonna suck.

Thankfully it looks nice and freaky and violent. :D

gaw i loved this game when it came out for the ps...my parents were away for the week that i played it, so i was alone in a big house, and i only played it after dark and with all the lights out (trying to get the full effect)

had to stop and check the door more than once :D

gaw i loved this game when it came out for the ps...my parents were away for the week that i played it, so i was alone in a big house, and i only played it after dark and with all the lights out (trying to get the full effect)

had to stop and check the door more than once :D

386417[/snapback]

Wuss. :lol:

I did the same. The school was pretty freaky. >_<

• 3 weeks later...

Seen it and it ROCKS! Where RE just had hints f the game in the movie this movie IS the game story. Its gruesome and freaky. I was geeking out for the whole movie from the first strum of the Mandolin for the opening theme to the closing credits. They did tweak the story to be able to work in movie form but they didnt do anything that takes it away from the premise setup in the game.

This is a must see. Someone finally got a Video game to Movie conversion RIGHT!

Edited by HWR MKII

Seen it and it ROCKS! Where RE just had hints f the game in the movie this movie IS the game story. Its gruesome and freaky. I was geeking out for the whole movie from the first strum of the Mandolin for the opening theme to the closing credits. They did tweak the story to be able to work in movie form but they didnt do anything that takes it away from the premise setup in the game.

This is a must see. Someone finally got a Video game to Movie conversion RIGHT!

393330[/snapback]

It was a really good adaptation, but there were a few places where if the audience wasn't familliar with the premise, they were probably confused. I enjoyed it though, the imagery was spot on from the game.

I looked at it like the games dont analyze it just go along for a ride. I loved the Pyramid head scenes.

393333[/snapback]

Truth. The Pyramid head scenes were all pretty great. They were spot on with its portrayal; gruesome and creepy as hell.

And you can't forget Collin. Guh.

Edited by Shmitty

I'm glad to hear positive reviews of this movie. I was rooting for this production since i heard about its filming and then its trailer.

Kudos. Can't wait for it to reach here. ;)

While not terrible, I really didn't enjoy this movie.

They did a good job referencing many parts of the original game; especially in the first part of the movie as Rose is running through the Otherworld alley. They lifted the camera angles from the videogame for that scene. They did a good job of replicating Cybil.

But something was off. The ending was God-horrible. Bleh.

I'm so glad I snuck in a few pints of beer.

*PARTIAL SPOILER*I like the ending. 1 it leaves it open for more stories, possible games. 2 if you play the first game poorly the end for that is the character dying in the jeep and the whole thing was in his head. The movies ending is a nod to the poor game ending. No rose didnt die in the jeep crash from the beginning. But this ending also explains how the towns influence is starting to spread in the games. I think it fits perfectly within the Silent Hill mythos. Nt every ending has t have a blue sky.

*PARTIAL SPOILER*I like the ending. 1 it leaves it open for more stories, possible games. 2 if you play the first game poorly the end for that is the character dying in the jeep and the whole thing was in his head. The movies ending is a nod to the poor game ending. No rose didnt die in the jeep crash from the beginning. But this ending also explains how the towns influence is starting to spread in the games.  I think it fits perfectly within the Silent Hill mythos. Nt every ending has t have a blue sky.

393355[/snapback]

SPOILERS

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about the very ending of the movie when Rose and Cheryl walk into their house. I'm talking about the scene in the church when everyone gets their come-uppance. Bleh.

And for a scary movie, I wasn't all that scared.

I looked at it like the games dont analyze it just go along for a ride. I loved the Pyramid head scenes.

393333[/snapback]

Truth. The Pyramid head scenes were all pretty great. They were spot on with its portrayal; gruesome and creepy as hell.

And you can't forget Collin. Guh.

393338[/snapback]

Thats a good point.

*SPOILERS*

As painful as barb wire skewers probably are, I was really expecting something more horrifying.

i wasnt as much scared as visually freaked there is a difference, pyramid head was much more imposing on the big screen. My wife and i both let out an evil laugh when he appeared. NOONE in the theatre here knew it was based on a video game and they all loved it.. This type of movie didnt exactly follow the usual horror formula. It did what silent hill does best, it doesnt give you time to figure out whats going on. It also gives yu a sense of apprehension more than fear. that ending also wrks better than the game ending would have for a movie audience, though i was wondering if they were going to go with the games "god resurrection" story or not. in a way im glad they didnt since it would have been tougher to do in a 2 hour film.

Freinds and i are going to see this tonight. I know i'm looking forward to it they're along for ride.

So far comments are more positive than negative thats Good news.

I'm talking about the scene in the church when everyone gets their come-uppance.  Bleh.

And for a scary movie, I wasn't all that scared.

393358[/snapback]

When it got to that part, I thought I was watching Hellraiser.

Honestly, this movie never grabbed me. It wasn't really scary, just gory.

Edited by Syngyne

HEY Boll and Anderson GO SEE SILENT HILL! Its how a game to movie translation SHOULD BE done.

393437[/snapback]

Why even let them get that far? Judging from the comments I've read up til now, this guy Boll shouldn't even be allowed near a theater, much less make films to go in them.

I loved it. It was done mostly right, with some parts I think could have been done better. I hope the DVD has alternate scenes and alternate endings!

*spoiler*

I was hoping Cybil would survive. To survive the beating only to be burned to death, sucked ass. The church massacer was more gory than scary. Alessa should have appeared and incinerated everyone. Oh well.

In the game unless you know what to do with the plastic bottle and red liquid way early in the game Cybil dies. either way regardless of how she died in the movie or the game the character dies. The end of the movie reminds me of the BAD ending in the game where it turns out harry dies in the jeep crash and all the game was in his head. Rose and sharon are now stuck in the same limbo created by alessa. Its still left open to a sequel. After this though i think a straight version of the second game to film could be done well and would be understood by audiences. It would also allow more room for an explanation of Pyramid head. He was the town executioner back in the founding colonial days of the town.

When I was leaving the theater, there was a group of kids talking about the movie... one of the guys was saying how it wasn't creepy at all and how it did nothing for him.

All I could think was: what type of dark and scary world do you live in?

When I was leaving the theater, there was a group of kids talking about the movie... one of the guys was saying how it wasn't creepy at all and how it did nothing for him.

394558[/snapback]

His mother's basement, deep down in the bowels of the earth (probably closer to the colon).

I'm going to probably crap myself this next wednesday when they do the monthly air-raid siren test. :p If it starts turning dark I will not only crap myself, but I'll start crying and rush for a machete or some other weapon laying around the house (and a flashlight). And if I actually dissappear, I went insane and got taken away or really got sucked into silent hill. :p:lol:

394558[/snapback]

His mother's basement, deep down in the bowels of the earth (probably closer to the colon).

I'm going to probably crap myself this next wednesday when they do the monthly air-raid siren test. :p If it starts turning dark I will not only crap myself, but I'll start crying and rush for a machete or some other weapon laying around the house (and a flashlight). And if I actually dissappear, I went insane and got taken away or really got sucked into silent hill. :p:lol:

394568[/snapback]

There was a hole here, but now its gone. :blink:

i didn't thinl it was scary either, creepy yes.

i've played the games and was hoping for more.... i dont know what they could have done maybe changed the ending a bit. Never the less i enjoyed it and was very pleased at how true it stayed to the games. I hope they make another and expand on the world of Silent Hill.

I loved it.  It was done mostly right, with some parts I think could have been done better.  I hope the DVD has alternate scenes and alternate endings!

*spoiler*

I was hoping Cybil would survive.  To survive the beating only to be burned to death, sucked ass.  The church massacer was more gory than scary.  Alessa should have appeared and incinerated everyone.  Oh well.

394479[/snapback]

She made short work of those miners...then let them beat her up?

The ending had me kind of lost. Are they in some kind of parallel dimension? <_<

Edited by VF Strike Valk

Actually i think he was referring to SH4 when the hole in the bathroom disappears and you have to open the new one in the laundry room.

394992[/snapback]

Actually Jolly ROgers was right. It was a quote from SH2 where u were jumping down alot of holes at the prison, and when u walk into one shop in SH, someone wrote a note (was it in blood?) "There was a hole here, but not anymore". Obviously no hole there.

But you are right as well cause that hole reference apparently ties back to SH4.

Heheheh, dope up Freud and force him to watch through all the silent hill games and the movie and see what he comes up with as psychological explanations. Man that would be quite a laugh. :lol:

Pyramid Head's great knife is symbollic of a penis and since pyramid head is a representation of aggressivity of James towards himself, James wants to rape himself. :p:lol:

Some guy over at GameFaqs did write a plot analysis, that alot of the Silent Hill games had sexual themes. To Phallic shaped monsters to one of the characters in SH2, forgot her name, who was raped as a child by her father and you encounter "her father" which looks like a walking bed.

Hnmmmm.....