Help! My Valk needs a new hip!

Dante74

check the toys newbie thread, about halfway down the first post is the answer.

345056[/snapback]

I've read the entire newbie thread and this is all I found.

Oh no rubber is SEEPING out of my 1/48!! Should I worry?

Depends on who you ask. This happened to me, and I sanded the paint off the diecast ball joints. The rubber no longer seeped out but the friction between the balljoint and leg encasing was decreased. This made the hips on my 1/48 considerably looser. I PM'd graham about this & he thinks the rubber seepage is not a big deal, in many ways I regret even sanding the joints since the rubber wasn't constantly seeping out, just some rubber exposed.

In my case the rubber came out completely so I guess I'm scr*wed.

(thanks for the quick reply ;) )

check the toys newbie thread, about halfway down the first post is the answer.

345056[/snapback]

I've read the entire newbie thread and this is all I found.

Oh no rubber is SEEPING out of my 1/48!! Should I worry?

Depends on who you ask. This happened to me, and I sanded the paint off the diecast ball joints. The rubber no longer seeped out but the friction between the balljoint and leg encasing was decreased. This made the hips on my 1/48 considerably looser. I PM'd graham about this & he thinks the rubber seepage is not a big deal, in many ways I regret even sanding the joints since the rubber wasn't constantly seeping out, just some rubber exposed.

In my case the rubber came out completely so I guess I'm scr*wed.

(thanks for the quick reply ;) )

345057[/snapback]

no, just take it apart and put it back in after you sand it. use glue to keep it on there.

Do a search in the What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc., as I remember someone giving some instructions on how to dismantle the legs/hip to put back the rubber in.

345155[/snapback]

I recall someone posting a crude illustration of the parts that sandwich the hip ball joint and rubber pieces. If I remember correctly, removing the uppermost screw from the hip/intake allows the battroid leg to be pulled off the sandwich; then you can remove the screw(s) holding the sandwiched pieces together to put the rubber back in.

This is what I did.

Pull the leg out from battroid mode directly sideways, no unscrewing needed. Just be careful you don't hit anyone in the face that is sitting next to you like I did.

Now use a screwdriver to undo the square thingy. Replace the rubber directly back in the middle and then rescrew.

Shove the leg back on.

Pull the leg out from battroid mode directly sideways, no unscrewing needed. Just be careful you don't hit anyone in the face that is sitting next to you like I did.

345183[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

hope it wasn't a girlfriend :lol:

I know my wife gets super pissed everytime a toy hits her in the head :rolleyes:

After that I glued the rubber part in with a glue that doesn't dissolve the rubber.

Then I screwed it back together and put the leg back on.

Next I kissed the little auwie place on the hip and was all done. :)

Result: one happy Valk and one very happy owner.

Thanks to everyone for the advice (especially Kensei, you where right on the money with you're sollution)

Edited by Dante74

your homepage keeps asking me for a password.

345302[/snapback]

That's weird, It's a public drive.

I'm new to this forum stuff

I'll attach the pictures to this post

WOW, that was much easier than what I did first.

sorry

Edited by Dante74

Excellent. Well done.

I am glad that you got it without me having to take pics, because I got no digital camera.

BTW kanata67, it was just a friend who was playing Rise of Rome at the time. Apparently I made him lose. :rolleyes:

I think during the holidays when I am putting together my collection I will also put together a number of fixes for the 1/48s. They seem common enough.

Edited by kensei

I think during the holidays when I am putting together my collection I will also put together a number of fixes for the 1/48s. They seem common enough.

345409[/snapback]

Maybe someone could post some step by steps fixes on common problems with Valks.

Us noobs don't know the toys very well. (at least I don't)

I have great respect for those people that have the skills to customize a Valk.

It's been years since I did any modelbuilding so I don't dare customize an expensive Valk like my precious new 1/48 CF.

Precious!,..PRECIOUS!!!,.. I NEED MY PRECIOUS.

AH, there you are my precious. I love you.

:p

Edited by Dante74