Fracking Tab B

Anubis

I've had my new used 1st edition YF-19 out of the box for like 5 minutes. Took some battroid pics, tried to change it to fighter mode, and BAM. Tab B broke. :angry:

First try. :( I have no idea how it survived it's first owner. The paint scratches are obvious he transformed it, but tab B didn't even have a stress mark. No idea how.

Tried to glue it, came right back off. Now I'll try that filing-the-supports tweak from the main page and gundam marker inside the gap.

My VF-19A has always been rock solid. Never had a single issue. It's definately a substantial improvement over the 1st edition. The knees feel more stable, transforms perfect. The 1st edition has a little trouble fitting together. There's a lot of stress at the Tab B point, so it's no wonder they break so easily.

Still glad I have a YF-19 finally though. I ordered a CM Isamu to go with it.

Edited by Anubis

that sucks man to bad it wasn't a 1.5 version :p sell the valk get a 2.0 version but keep the 1st edtion box maybe do a shoulder swap since the 1.0 version comes with metal shoulders. Than you have a super rare 1.5 version yf-19 :D also for better posablity loosen the screw in between the legs just a little bit that way it can do a wider stance.

from Rich

Edited by goldenboy_forever

I got my first edition, removed it from a box, set it in a pose next to all the other Mac+ toys, then never touched it again. I'm convinced this is the only way you can be happy with the toy. Seems like the paint chips if you breathe on it and the tabs break if you try to transform it. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss though, I know how hard it is to find and it sounds like you were on your way to enjoying yours much more than I do mine.

In a related note, you know how everyone gripes about the VF-11s hips? The other night I heard a loud clang and found that some how my VF-11 had fallen from its display 4+ feet to the ground. I hurried over expecting it to be in two parts but was greatly relieved to find it was just fine. I think the VF-11 isn't as fragile as people claim.

I got my first edition, removed it from a box, set it in a pose next to all the other Mac+ toys, then never touched it again.  I'm convinced this is the only way you can be happy with the toy.  Seems like the paint chips if you breathe on it and the tabs break if you try to transform it.  I'm very sorry to hear about your loss though, I know how hard it is to find and it sounds like you were on your way to enjoying yours much more than I do mine.

In a related note, you know how everyone gripes about the VF-11s hips?  The other night I heard a loud clang and found that some how my VF-11 had fallen from its display 4+ feet to the ground.  I hurried over expecting it to be in two parts but was greatly relieved to find it was just fine.  I think the VF-11 isn't as fragile as people claim.

344035[/snapback]

my vf-11b is like a rock the real problem was during production I heard people say vf-11b came with glue in the hip joits so when you moved the leg is would snap the joint. I have no idea why theres glue in there in the first place?

from Rich

I filed down the cross supports and markered the gap section and it looks great now. This isn't something that will be transformed often (infact I intend to keep this one forever in Fighter Mode). I'm happy just to have a real YF-19 finally. It suck I broke the Tab B right away but I'm still happy. The fix really helped though. With the cross supports in place the gap was huge.

Here's some pics:

Side by side with the 19A. Note the paint chips on the YF-19 signaling it was transformed successfully.

post-514-1131685164_thumb.jpg

After I tried to glue it.

post-514-1131685228_thumb.jpg

Post fix 1:

post-514-1131685263_thumb.jpg

Post fix 2:

post-514-1131685284_thumb.jpg

Filed down cross supports. I just used a regular matal nail file.

post-514-1131685308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Here's how fighter mode looks now.

post-514-1131685879_thumb.jpgpost-514-1131685965_thumb.jpg

The fix worked real good. Thanks to Graham for including that in the YF-19's review.

Edited by Anubis

would have to agree with jenius on the yf-19.. i got the 1.0 new way back in the day.. which i transformed ONCE.. and very carefully at that.. and got mini paint chips off the red chest tabs.. luckily no tab B problems.. left it in battroid and swore never to transform it again.. been happy ever since.. <_<