What do you do with your old paint jars?

Spatula

I'm done using up grey paint from two of my tamiya paint jars. They about 1/2 ounce type bottles and I'm wondering if I should keep them for mixing paint and stuff or just chuck em. What do you do with your empty paint bottles?

Edited by Spatula

I'm done using up grey paint from two of my tamiya paint jars.  They about 1/2 ounce type bottles and I'm wondering if I should keep them for mixing paint and stuff or just chuck em.  What do you do with your empty paint bottles?

339349[/snapback]

I alway keep them. Wash em out and use them for mixed paints and custom colours.

I alway keep them. Wash em out and use them for mixed paints and custom colours.

339361[/snapback]

I clean out and keep my Tamiya acrylic jars as much to keep the corresponding thinned paints in. I tend to thin to about 50% with IPA before airbrushing, and they have those nice coloured caps and everything... ;-)

(Obviously it helps to put a dab of white paint or something on them so you can tell which ones are thinned.)

If you use a Badger airbrush with siphon feed, the jars will fit to the siphoning lid exactly. Saves me a ton of cash. I just buy the paint, thin it, and mark it for airbrushing use (usually an A/B somewhere on the jar), to sort it out from the rest of the paint.