Macross VFX2 anyone can tell me the history?

JoseDesign

I`m playing the macross digital mission VFX2 and I don`t understand the history, i think that is very confuse, but I want that some body can explain me how is the history.

And, anybody know what is the Macross VR3 ?????

338956[/snapback]

I assume this means you've never seen any of the animes.

There's a full timeline HERE.

The short version is:

In 1999 an alien ship (belonging to a group known as the Supervision Army) crashed on Earth. We rebuilt it, and named it the Macross.

Ten years later, space ships belonging to the Zentradi showed up. They're a race of genetically-engineered warrior clones with no civilization. And they're at war with the Supervision Army.

Our ship automatically fires on theirs, due to a booby-trap left in the computer by the previous owners. This starts a war between humanity and the zentradi.

Eventually, the main fleet of the zentradi forces that have had contact with humanity arrives to exterminate humanity and the zentradi that have been "contaminated" by human culture.

Much of the Earth is decimated by orbital bombardments. But we win the war, with the help of the "contaminated" zentradi, who are accepted into human society.

And in 2012, we launch the first of a series of space colonization missions that cintinues through to VFX2's 2050, to spread humanity among the stars and ensure that we can't be wiped out by an assault on a single planet.

That's the original TV series, which is the most complex and most important to the continuity.

In 2040, a computer pop star known as Sharon Apple tries to take over the Earth by brainwashing everyone. She is killed by test pilots Isamu Dyson and Guld Bowman, in a pair of prototype variable fighters.

That's Macross Plus.

In 2045, one colony mission, the Macross 7 fleet, encounters a group known as the Varuta, which are an army for a race known as the protodevlin. Rock star Basara Nekki saves the universe from them.

That's Macross 7.

There's also a prequel series known as Macross Zero, that takes place pre-2009, but it's not relevant as VFX2 was written before Macross Zero.

I don't know what VR3 is. I would assume you mean Macross M3, which was a Dreamcast game.

I`m playing the macross digital mission VFX2 and I don`t understand the history, i think that is very confuse, but I want that some body can explain me how is the history.

And, anybody know what is the Macross VR3 ?????

338956[/snapback]

I assume this means you've never seen any of the animes.

There's a full timeline HERE.

The short version is:

In 1999 an alien ship (belonging to a group known as the Supervision Army) crashed on Earth. We rebuilt it, and named it the Macross.

Ten years later, space ships belonging to the Zentradi showed up. They're a race of genetically-engineered warrior clones with no civilization. And they're at war with the Supervision Army.

Our ship automatically fires on theirs, due to a booby-trap left in the computer by the previous owners. This starts a war between humanity and the zentradi.

Eventually, the main fleet of the zentradi forces that have had contact with humanity arrives to exterminate humanity and the zentradi that have been "contaminated" by human culture.

Much of the Earth is decimated by orbital bombardments. But we win the war, with the help of the "contaminated" zentradi, who are accepted into human society.

And in 2012, we launch the first of a series of space colonization missions that cintinues through to VFX2's 2050, to spread humanity among the stars and ensure that we can't be wiped out by an assault on a single planet.

That's the original TV series, which is the most complex and most important to the continuity.

In 2040, a computer pop star known as Sharon Apple tries to take over the Earth by brainwashing everyone. She is killed by test pilots Isamu Dyson and Guld Bowman, in a pair of prototype variable fighters.

That's Macross Plus.

In 2045, one colony mission, the Macross 7 fleet, encounters a group known as the Varuta, which are an army for a race known as the protodevlin. Rock star Basara Nekki saves the universe from them.

That's Macross 7.

There's also a prequel series known as Macross Zero, that takes place pre-2009, but it's not relevant as VFX2 was written before Macross Zero.

I don't know what VR3 is. I would assume you mean Macross M3, which was a Dreamcast game.

339047[/snapback]

I saw all the series and Ovas of macross, but i`m telling thay i don`t know the history puntual of macross vfx2, and the macross VR3, that name is nombrated in the macross 20 TH video, on the part in that show the mini ova of macross vfx.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw all the series and Ovas of macross, but i`m telling thay i don`t know the history puntual of macross vfx2, and the macross VR3, that name is nombrated in the macross 20 TH video, on the part in that show the mini ova of macross vfx.

339513[/snapback]

I am not as up to current events as some, but VR3 may possibly be a game that was cancelled or is still being made...

There's no such thing as VR3, and the only games shown on the 20th anniversary DVD were VFX, VFX 2, DYRL, and VO.

Also not sure what you mean by history of the game, but the general story takes place in 2050, with Aegis Focker joining the elite VFX Raven's, and a plot from a coorperation with rogue Zentradi as their militia to steal a New Macross class battle section, equip it with their new radar jamming weapon, and take down the U.N. Spacy.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a civil war to me. I've only played through the game twice (the game is so horribly designed it was unbearable for me), and had no idea what was going on. The fact that at some point you have to choose between 2 apparent sides supports my notion of a civil war.

Edited by myk

Here's a tip, next time you play it, start fresh, go into the settings, and enable the "forward" view option, that'll make things significantly easier. As it was, it's the best Macross game up until the PS2 game came out, they were just a bit ambitious with the 360 degree attack style (which the forward view fixes).

And no, it's not a civil war, it's as I explained above. The choice you have to make in the game is whether to join or fight Gilliam, if you fight him you stick with currupt U.N. Spacy (lose), if you join him you go on to take out the coorperation corrupting things.