How much is a MIB 1/48 max VF-1A worth?

ghostryder

I have seen a Max go for 200 but not a Hikaru.  I bought a Hikaru for $150 with shipping but the guy listed it incorrectly and sold me a Max instead.  Yea for me.  Too bad i still don't have a VF-1A Hikaru though.

bbarr97

200 seems a bit high...

lurk around ebay for a while and you'll find one for about $150... maybe less.

335580[/snapback]

335780[/snapback]

Got a Max instead of a Hikaru 1A, huh? Trade you! :)

Please... <_< Every and any Valkyrie (or any other toy produced by Yamato) that begins to get sold post production run for over twice the original retail price (which was already a price that offered a profit to Yamato) WILL be re-issued. Not if, but when... If a Hikaru Strike is actively selling for upwards of $300 why would they not re-issue it? They could hypothetically even raise the MSRP over the original run's price and STILL sell it briskly. Because whatever price they ask will beat $300+ on EBay. And certainly beat not owning one at all. It's happened every time. I mised out on a Max 1A and Fokker 1S and both began to get close to the $250 mark for a time there. Did I pay $250? Hells no! I says to meself "Hmm.. Yamato is an intelligent company driven by profit. They'll see this and re-issue them". A few months later I was able to buy multiples of both for under $125.00. I happen to own a few Hikaru 1S' as that was one Valk I wasn't going to miss out on. If I needed one now, I'd most definitely wait for the re-issue. I'm sure Yamato wants us to spend our money on their new releases, but I'm also sure that if they see ppl shelling out $300+ for their previous releases they realize they are leaving money on the table by not providing the consumer with the product that they are obviously determined to own whether it is re-issued or not. It's basic economics. Supply and Demand. No supply equals greater demand. Demand drives price. Yamato starves us on a desireable item, demand goes up, prices goes up. Item is re-supplied and sells like hot cakes. Profit ensues. It's a conspiracy folks. :ph34r:

Re-Issues will also depend on the number of quantity demanded. Ebay prices may have skyrocketed, but for Yamato to re-issue there must be enough demand out there for them to produce their minimum quantity. If not, they won't. Roy VF-1S is the most popular Valk, which is why it has been re-issued many times as this will be a first on the list for new ppl entering into the 1/48 or macross. Hikaru 1A was probably reissued to have an updated Hikaru 1A with the fixes. Other than that no other were, however, there were rumors the Max 1A was also reissued once, but some ppl said it was probably old stock in the warehouse. And past sales of the Max 1A and Hikaru 1S may affect them being reissued. If I remember correctly these set on the shelf for quite a while and the Max was discounted quite a bit in places like Japan TRU. Also Neova and Toy-wave were selling them for $90 each.

Re-Issues will also depend on the number of quantity demanded. Ebay prices may have skyrocketed, but for Yamato to re-issue there must be enough demand out there for them to produce their minimum quantity. If not, they won't. Roy VF-1S is the most popular Valk, which is why it has been re-issued many times as this will be a first on the list for new ppl entering into the 1/48 or macross. Hikaru 1A was probably reissued to have an updated Hikaru 1A with the fixes. Other than that no other were, however, there were rumors the Max 1A was also reissued once, but some ppl said it was probably old stock in the warehouse. And past sales of the Max 1A and Hikaru 1S may affect them being reissued. If I remember correctly these set on the shelf for quite a while and the Max was discounted quite a bit in places like Japan TRU. Also Neova and Toy-wave were selling them for $90 each.

337150[/snapback]

Yeah the max vf-1a and hik vf-1s were so so sellers, thus no reissue.

Yeah the max vf-1a and hik vf-1s were so so sellers, thus no reissue.

337151[/snapback]

Yet... Neither the Max 1A nor Hikaru VF-1S are so-so sellers now. They are selling more actively and for more money than the Roy 1S. Had they not re-issued Roy 3 or 4 times I MIGHT be doubtful. They have and I'm not.

Dammit, people get it when it not around and don't get it when there is some around :lol: I know there are issues, I just find it funny. I have been victim of a FAST pack drought myself. :D

337279[/snapback]

Straight up you're right. When it's there, nothing. When it's no longer there, something :lol: .

Dammit, people get it when it not around and don't get it when there is some around :lol: I know there are issues, I just find it funny. I have been victim of a FAST pack drought myself. :D

337279[/snapback]

Straight up you're right. When it's there, nothing. When it's no longer there, something :lol: .

337283[/snapback]

Deadset. We collectors got problems. Like everything else, we procrastinate and then kick ourselves when we stuff up. But do we ever learn? :rolleyes: I thikn you all know the answer to that question. :lol:

forget procrastination. toy collecting is the one thing I don't practice that on. I dont' think they should keep reissuing these tho, like I said before...move on.

these are only selling high because a few people want them and missed out...oh and the fact that people who bid that high on ebay are stupid and impatient. :p

forget procrastination.  toy collecting is the one thing I don't practice that on. I dont' think they should keep reissuing these tho, like I said before...move on.

these are only selling high because a few people want them and missed out...oh and the fact that people who bid that high on ebay are stupid and impatient.

337352[/snapback]

Didnt you miss out on some Marvel Legends figure cuz it was $2 too expensive? hehe

Sh!t if I look at it now, the value of my VF-1A Max has risen by more than 100% blink.gif

336881[/snapback]

Only IF you actually sell it, otherwise it is not worth that price. If it gets reissued the new price will most likely be the current value.

336943[/snapback]

14*89=$1246 USD

14*200=$2800 USD

:p It is to me, and all the more reason to keep my VF-1A/S Hikkies too. Wouldn't want to rip anyone off with the current market value.

337003[/snapback]

Again that holds true ONLY IF you actually sell some. So do you plan on doing it? :lol:

337279[/snapback]

337283[/snapback]

Deadset. We collectors got problems. Like everything else, we procrastinate and then kick ourselves when we stuff up. But do we ever learn? :rolleyes: I thikn you all know the answer to that question. :lol:

337289[/snapback]

I'd be careful with that philosophy. You may buy too much of one thing that may not be so popular thus you get stuck with something that is worthless.

Sh!t if I look at it now, the value of my VF-1A Max has risen by more than 100% blink.gif

336881[/snapback]

Only IF you actually sell it, otherwise it is not worth that price. If it gets reissued the new price will most likely be the current value.

336943[/snapback]

14*89=$1246 USD

14*200=$2800 USD

:p It is to me, and all the more reason to keep my VF-1A/S Hikkies too. Wouldn't want to rip anyone off with the current market value.

337003[/snapback]

Again that holds true ONLY IF you actually sell some. So do you plan on doing it? :lol:

337377[/snapback]

Nah mate, don't want to put you out of pocket. Best spend it on those animation cels. :p

I'd be careful with that philosophy.  You may buy too much of one thing that may not be so popular thus you get stuck with something that is worthless.

337392[/snapback]

But it depends on what you collect for. For the love of the anime/hobby or for monetary reasons.

I'd be careful with that philosophy.  You may buy too much of one thing that may not be so popular thus you get stuck with something that is worthless.

337392[/snapback]

But it depends on what you collect for. For the love of the anime/hobby or for monetary reasons.

337495[/snapback]

Your words are true, Godzilla, but the 1/48s are far too sweet to ever be considered "worthless".

while we are on the topic of knowing how much a yamato 1/48 max vf1a how much will a hikaru 1/48 vf-1a mib as im considering selling it

338914[/snapback]

I havent bought a 148th in years!

338978[/snapback]

dang, whos that in yer avatar?

don't break down & pay almost $300 for a 1/48 on ebay.back in the day,the 1/55 ostrich & elint were know to get up to $1200,but that value dropped significantly for recent sales.the demand will dip here & there & you'll get 1 for a good price if you can be patient

337392[/snapback]

337495[/snapback]

Your words are true, Godzilla, but the 1/48s are far too sweet to ever be considered "worthless".

337564[/snapback]

Yes it is true, the 1/48s are the crowned jewel but I am talking about the other animation toys that are available. That philosophy will work on the 1/48s but depends on other toys.

• 2 weeks later...

336881[/snapback]

336943[/snapback]

14*89=$1246 USD

14*200=$2800 USD

337003[/snapback]

337377[/snapback]

Nah mate, don't want to put you out of pocket. Best spend it on those animation cels. :p

337494[/snapback]

No problem I can do both. :p