Macross Plus

Boomer

Guys! Macross Plus is just the most overwhelming beautiful and complete work of Macross.

But I never see anyone talking about it, all u guys talk about is those Robotech oldies with those old fashioned plots! Ah, lets have our inteligence first than nostalgy!

Because it already has been talked to death.

Plus is a great show, but you can only talk about it so many times until almost everyone knows about it. Plus the most recent released in NA IS the original SDF Macross, and in Japan Macross Zero is the one gardering attention.

Basically, it's what's out there right now, and Macross Plus, as good as it is, is somewhat old news.

Mostly because the mayority of members here are older than the common anime fan and thus were only influenced by SDF Macross at a younger age while with the other series they weren't as impressed as with the original series ; Moreover , most members here live in NA and there isn't much availability in regards to Macross sequels overthere so there hasn't been much new stuff to enjoy apart from the Animeigo sets unless you are willing to buy from overseas online.

In my case I see Macross as a whole , not just one series with a few sequels , instead I see it as one story with many chapters and characters , any new series is just another bit of the story that adds to the depth and richness of the whole concept behind Macross and in that sense Macross Plus is a great exponent of Kawamori's vision.

In my case I see Macross as a whole , not just one series with a few sequels , instead I see it as one story with many chapters and characters , any new series is just another bit of the story that adds to the depth and richness of the whole concept behind Macross and in that sense Macross Plus is a great exponent of Kawamori's vision.

Totally agree with you Aegis, I appreciate the Macross mythos as a whole above the individual titles.

As for Boomer, while Macross Plus is probably the most popular Macross title among NA fans, it isn't discussed much here because it doesn't effect the ongoing Macross story as a whole. Macross Plus is much more about Isamu, Guld and Myung than about the Protoculture or Earth's wars with the Zentraedi or the colonization efforts after Space War One. This is largely because Macross Plus wasn't originally conceived as a Macross title (Kawamori put it into the Macross series after sponsors wouldn't fund it as an original series).

That said, there was a just a big discussion the end of Macross Plus, so it's not like it's forgotten or anything.

Macross Plus....sounds familiar, but I'm not sure what you're talking about....

Seriously, I first saw Macross Plus, in its movie edition form, back in 1997. I've raved about it for years since then, and when I discovered this great 'Forum in 20?? we here spoke of, argued over, theorized, anthropomorphized, and even fantasized about Macross Plus forwards and backwards. Don't think that we fail to appreciate the masterpiece of work that Macross Plus is. It's just that after all of these years, it's all been said and done a thousand times over.

You do bring up a good point though, in that discussions here tend to focus more on "old school" Macross than its successors. I believe that has something to do with the fact that Macross Plus is but a side story in the Macross timeline, and doesn't leave much room for hypothesis or speculation. And, the majority of toys for Macross obviously favor the original Macross.

In summary, we all know and love Macross Plus. It's just that, well, Isamu, Guld and Myung have all grown up and moved on, and so have we.....

Edited by myk

I talk about Macross Plus all the time, whenever there is a good topic to post in. Unlike most of the fans here, I don't have any love for most 80's mecha shows. Macross was about the only good one. I enjoy Plus just as much as the original SDF Macross and the film DYRL?

Besides, why have fun discussing Macross Plus endlessly when one can bitch about Yamato endlessly? :)

You should check out the old forum. You'll see that Macross Plus has had it's fair share of discussions. If any series in the Macross "family" doesn't get talked about much, it would be Macross II or Macross 7. Now I know Macross II isn't exactly in the official timeline, but I would think it's still part of the Macross family.

Edited by rsvictor1976

But. How would you know if we haven't talked about Macross Plus? Tis' only your first post young padawan.......welcome to the MW Forums.

BTW.....who are these guys that talk about Robotech oldies with those old fashioned plots? I have a special present for them...... :p

post-2-1064687521_thumb.jpg