VOTOMS boxset for R1

treatment

from http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded....w=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Peter Tatara said:

We're releasing VOTOMS in a single, massive boxset.  Is it remastered?  It is dub and/or sub?  We're still working everything with the release out and a number of meetings need to be had.  While I mentioned I was pushing to get the set released inside a 1/6 scale Scopedog whose head opens up to store the DVDs, I can pretty safely tell you that's not gonna happen.  (That's right, it'll be 1/8 scale.)

Just an fyi to other VOTOMS-fans here.

• 1 month later...

BUMP.....

Looks like a new AT Votoms OVA is in the works:

9-24-05 (8:43PM EDT)---- New VOTOMS Animation Announced

According to the November, 2005 issue of Nikkei Characters magazine, a new animation is forthcoming soon from Studio Sunrise based on their Armored Trooper VOTOMS property. Directing will be original creator Ryosuke Takahashi, Production by Steve Tsukada with Character Designs by Norio Shioyama and Mecha Designs by Kunio Okawara. Containing one of the grimmer and grittier war storylines of any anime, VOTOMS debuted as a TV series in 1983, spawning off several OVA sidestories over the following years concluding with the last volume being released in 1995. Nikkei Characters is in a good position to be privy to knowledge of such a new project as Takahashi's latest VOTOMS novelization "Votoms Ichibunno Ichi" has just began serializing within it's pages since the July issue

courtesy of Anime News Service