Help me figure out a custom paint scheme

Majestic

What I'm looking for is specific to the VF-1 and something somewhat "different", but not so different as to be completely unrealistic. I painted a 1/48 Enigma (see custom toys section) and own a Low-Vis, so as much as I like the gray paint scheme, I'd like to try something new.

Yes, I know there's a paint scheme thread under fan works, and there's lots of VF-1 paint variants there that look great.

One scheme I'm thinking of is a variation on the VF-0B box art (red-oraange and white TEST model).

Not sure if I'll include fast packs on this one.

Thanks in advance for your input.

what about a "black and white" local police force version. I have to imagine that after the war, valks started showing up in strange places. a police force isn't out of the questiion i think.

I say grey stripes on black, or a "Ivanov" custom would look pretty cool. Shadow Valkyrie! :lol:

And if you have l33t skillz and adventurous, an orange/black Tiger Stripe scheme.

What I'm looking for is specific to the VF-1 and something somewhat "different", but not so different as to be completely unrealistic. I painted a 1/48 Enigma (see custom toys section) and own a Low-Vis, so as much as I like the gray paint scheme, I'd like to try something new.

Yes, I know there's a paint scheme thread under fan works, and there's lots of VF-1 paint variants there that look great.

One scheme I'm thinking of is a variation on the VF-0B box art (red-oraange and white TEST model).

Not sure if I'll include fast packs on this one.

Thanks in advance for your input.

316903[/snapback]

Well, it sounds like something like the USN trainer scheme might appeal to you. Or maybe the scheme the JASDF uses for their T-4 in regular:

0018c.jpg

...or Blue Impulse JASDF aerial demonstration team:

jasdf-orbat-t4-blueimpulse.jpg

Edited by Draykov

If I had any model painting/toy customizing skills at all, I would've wanted to come up with a Zentradi paint scheme. Not sure about the SDF Macross canon, but in the Robotech universe, there was an extended conflict in South America betwen the humans and the Zentradi called the Malcontent Uprisings, wherein a lot of fallen earth mecha were scavenged by the Zentradi. You could go about it in two ways: a regular jungle camouflage pattern with Zentradi insignia or a green themed paint scheme that follows color scheme of the Zentradi uniform. I'll bet these would rock on a weathered VF-1A.