Scales...

Druna Skass

OK this is for all you math people...

I'm looking into getting either a 1/1700 scale Albion or a MG GM or GP01. I'm leaning more towards the Albion but before I go with it I want to know how big it is.

The Albion is 305 meters long so how big would a 1/1700 kit be?

Oh and mods, sorry if I put this in the wrong section, yes it's about another anime, but it's also about a model kit, so I wasn't sure where to put it...

Edited by Druna Skass

How could you need to use a link to figure this out?!

1/1700 isn't some Greek formula, it is a simple key:

1 inch (or cm, m, mile, etc.) on the model is equal to 1700 inches (or cm, m, miles, etc.) in real life.

Simple algebra.

Ok, so the real thing is 305m long. But this is 1700 times smaller. Ok, so this is 305 / 1700. That is .179m, or 17.9 cm.

C'mon if you know what scale means all you need is a simple calculator.

1 inch (or cm, m, mile, etc.) on the model is equal to 1700 inches (or cm, m, miles, etc.) in real life.

Simple algebra.

Ok, so the real thing is 305m long. But this is 1700 times smaller. Ok, so this is 305 / 1700. That is .179m, or 17.9 cm.

Well I plugged it in my TI-86, but I wasn't sure of the results, been a while since I messed with the metric system...

Simple algebra.

Why do it myself when I can use a tool to do it for me. You use a lawn mower to cut your grass or you do it with a pair of scissors?

I did use a calculator, there's one at the end of that link, dick nose.

Ok.

The box is about 11 3/4in long by about 7 1/2in wide by 2 1/2in deep. My guess is the 17.9cm measurement will make it about 7 or 8 inches when completed. The two Gundam units that come with it are really tiny!!!!!!!!! Dunno how it's possible to paint them......

At some point I will get around to building this kit. Definitely like the design of the Albion.

:)

Simple algebra.

Ok, so the real thing is 305m long.  But this is 1700 times smaller.  Ok, so this is 305 / 1700.  That is .179m, or 17.9 cm.

Why do it myself when I can use a tool to do it for me. You use a lawn mower to cut your grass or you do it with a pair of scissors?

I did use a calculator, there's one at the end of that link, dick nose.

Man you called him "Richard-Nose" :D Too Much!