Takara Buys Tatsunoku

JELEINEN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6985

Kinda interesting and definitely of interest to us Macross fans.

310109[/snapback]

Actually (kicking myself) I just put a writeup myself in the debate thread. I shoulda looked here first. :)

I know I don't post here often, this has come through the grapevine

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=5356

http://www.zincpanic.com/view_article.phtml?id=23176

Any comments? :blink:

310514[/snapback]

You don't wanna know what I would do for a Alternators quality Valkyrie.

310825[/snapback]

Its too bad there still wouldnt be Hasbro cheaper versions.

310898[/snapback]

:o

Dude, I'd gladly fork over $50 for an import, Binaltech-style metal valkyrie. I think the Binaltech/Alternators blow away, in every aspect, anything Yamato or Bandai has ever done. Sculpting, quality, price...everything!

What's wrong with Yamato's sculpts? Some would argue the point of misproportional body parts, but nevertheless I still think we have model-like designs...

What's wrong with Yamato's sculpts?  Some would argue the point of misproportional body parts, but nevertheless I still think we have model-like designs...

311222[/snapback]

Because it's the cool thing to do. Personally, a POS transformer is the last thing I'd want a Valk to be like.

What's wrong with Yamato's sculpts?  Some would argue the point of misproportional body parts, but nevertheless I still think we have model-like designs...

311222[/snapback]

Okay, Takara couldn't blow away Yamato sculpts. But they could do about 10% better, I think. Takara could blow away Yamato in terms of QC and overall coolness factor, IMO.

Sorry, the Yamato toys just don't impress me much.

I don't think it'll affect the Macross license troubles at all except for the fact that BW has to deal directly with HG now. With Takara buying 90% of Tatsanuko's licenses I'm sure that the other 10% is the Superdimension series and Mospeada, plus others. I don't think Takara will be making any valkyries anytime soon.

I would doubt that Takara would want to get involved in the BW-Tatsunoko mess.

But who knows, maybe we'll be granted the boon of being pissed at the TF fan side of ourselves. That's only if Takara ends up being more of a bitch than Tatsunoko.

We shall see, young Jamming Birds! (closest thing to a Macross Jedi I could think of.)