Bootleg VF-19s

armentage

Just received a pair of those $10 VF-19 bootlegs... they are utter crap!

Not the worst toys EVER, but pretty horrible.

They VAGUELY look like the original Bandai's. Same shape, but the details are totally missing. Paint job is very minimal and pretty bad too.

They transform, sorta. In Battroid mode, there's no lock to hold the top half of the torso in place, nor the shoulders "forward" so they are perpendicular to the body.

In fighter form, there's nothing to really hold the wing assemblies in place. They flop around a bit. The rear vertical stablizers help a little, but not enough.

The Red one came completely loose out of the box... screws weren't turned tight enough! 5 minutes with a phillips tightened things up, but over all its still floppier than the blue one.

The blue one has the "signature" red-purple shoulders and under-torse of the bootlegs. I can only guess this is because those two pieces are molded are the same color on the model as well, and they wanted to avoid producing that piece twice.

I'm seriously tempted to say they aren't worth it even for $10 a pieace (plus $4 x2 shipped, which is what I got them for on Ebay)

Going to have to find some kid to give these too... my friend's 6 year old is probably old enough for one!

hey take it easy dood! they are after all BOOTLEGS! You can't really expect too much from any bootleg until you get it. I'm actually happy with my blazer bootleg, the first bootleg that has the grey shoulders, not red. :p:D:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: i love the gundam sheild on that valk, by the way what is that figure near it?

chris

hey i love my boots and they too are bad, but if u really hate them fix them that is the best part, fix, modify, make it the toy u want it to be, cause if u fail, it is cheap to replace, thats what i plan to do,