1/48 Yamatos

reddsun1

They've been doing a lot of figures lately and maybe the shift is moving more toward that area. It seems easy enough for them to do reissues since the molds exist and the collector's market has put a premium on the valks. I definitely hope they keep reissuing until they become more affordable!

Yeah but then there's that problem of calling a release a limited edition. The idea is that by reissuing a limited edition it isn't going to be worth anything in years to come when the toys are harder to come by.

I think what companies should do is balance a) the need to flood the market too much to satisfy casual fans or people will think something is common and not worth the price they pay for, and this will affect how fast people buy up the stock...and..

b) limiting how much of a thing is released so they get a "good idea" of what fans are willing to pay for the item when they are at thier most desperate.

Most people's attitude change depending on how flooded the market is. What was once "not worth the price I paid for" starts becoming something that is treasured by others who are willing to pay an even higher price that what you paid, making the person who got in early feel less ripped off. People will pay what they think somehting is worth to them personally. (not taking cost to make an item into consideration)

Personally I think yamato should flood the market and make these cheap since more fans can then buy more valks but that will never happen. (I don't want a LE CF only because it means I can't have a group of them. Yeah I know it is a rumor but if it is true it will limit my total number of purchases since I will feel "ripped off" with each purchase. LE should only be variants that only collectors would be interested in like an Angelbirds valk or something imo.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

This may be obvious, but Yamato is playing their cards right! They most definitely see the demand and the growing trend in the Macross toy-line. If a company is generating profits (w/out flooding the market), why would a clinically sane company cut the fuel line if it's going to remain buring?

Agent-GHQ Posted on Jun 10 2005, 10:55 PM

This may be obvious, but Yamato is playing their cards right! They most definitely see the demand and the growing trend in the Macross toy-line. If a company is generating profits (w/out flooding the market), why would a clinically sane company cut the fuel line if it's going to remain buring?

My thoughts exactly! and here's wishing they release more 1/48 FP's, too :D !

Maybe in the beginning they imagined at some point people would get sick of the VF1 altogether and they might want to move onto other valks. But then what happened is lots of noobs came in late and missed out on them; looking all over for one as the price rises, so more demand had to be met.

Once enough people are content with the amount of vf1s they own and sales start to slow, they will not bother to reissue anymore. Until then...milk that teat.

I figure it might be similar to mobile phone services: the hardcore users will get in early, then when everyone who bothered with it, already has it, they try to expand the customer base from there to appeal to people with a different price range in mind. As the market expands, and more people sign up, the service gets cheaper and more total customers bring in more profit as more people are buying it, making less profit on each individual sale, but more sales and getting the profit from the sales quickly.

But having said that, just because something can be reissued can we be garuanteed it will?

I thought the reason some valks sell more poorly is because they were not flying off shelves quickly? When those unwanted ones are then made in limited numbers, it can give the collector the impression that its value is high later on when people want them, but the company won't make them because of poor sales before.

My wish it to see it go down in price one day so more people start buying them. They are pretty expensive. As the price rises, demand might level off due to the valks getting out of thier range of the wallet for them to collect.

Anyway I want my mythical 1/48 yf19 w FP.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The reason why the prices are so high is because people are willing to pay these prices. These are sold as "collector" items, this way the high prices are justifiable. Honestly...there is no reason why they can't sell these for under 100 bucks. The raw material must cost only a few cents. I know there are other costs involved, but come on...

I paid 130 for my Hikaru 1S and 115 for my Max...I thought that was rediculous. <_<

If people stopped buying...I bet the prices would come down real fast. :rolleyes:

If people stopped buying theyd stop making! :p

Yeah, the trick is you got to get them early and get them fast. It's pure bad luck if you don't have cash at the time that they have normal prices. I get them anyway and make the excuse that I can just sell them later if I couldn't afford to keep it. I know, people are thinking that it takes a lot of money to be doing that, and it does. But the fact is, is that it's an expensive hobby. You gotta be prepared for that fact before you dive in... cuz once your in, you won't want to get out.

I'm gonna give my friends a plug, which I dont normally do because I buy from different dealers. But over at animepunch.com forums we do group buys. Sometimes we save a lot... sometimes it's close to retail. But it's sure nice to be in something like that to help save some cash on these things.

I'm gonna give my friends a plug, which I dont normally do because I buy from different dealers. But over at animepunch.com forums we do group buys. Sometimes we save a lot... sometimes it's close to retail. But it's sure nice to be in something like that to help save some cash on these things.

Group buys are great. I cant tell you how much money I saved.