B-Club VF-2SS Option 2 Parts - Recast

Malich

Picture of the Kit in question is here.

Some of you know that I had won this kit off of EBay and you guys and gals know that I planned on getting it recasted. Well since winning the kit myself and Myersjesse have been planning the recast.

This thread for now is to only gauge interest in getting a copy of the recast. If you would like to get on the list then let me or Myersjesse know. You can either PM or Email me with your interest, questions, or concerns.

Again this thread is not for preorders, yet. We are just trying to find out how many kits we will need to cast.

Thanks!

Rich B)

This is from MacrossWorld (my digital cam is out of order right now)

bclub_493p1.jpg

Its modified leg armor so it doesnt have the gun gap if you want to build that version...a detailed version of theNex5 and standard gunpod (standard is done in like6 pieces...its amazing! A pair of hands (detailed) and the automatic shooting biut...which I am told is llike a drone thing that flew with it....pieces are gorgeou...well done...and I know Malich wants us to provide this fairly cheaply...so price should be nice.

Thanks for offering this to everyone Malich!

Yea, it seemed very odd to me that they only included one Squire (the proper name of the 'automatic shooting bit'). In the anime, there's like 8 of them folloring the VF-2's around.

So yea, it'd be cool if the recasts would include a number of them. It'd make for a great mini-diorama :)

We are going to try and keep the price down cause it is such a small kit.

I had mentioned to Jesse about recasting more of the squires but we will have to see how the molds hold out and about how many we can cast.

I too think just one squire is kinda silly. So we shall see.

If you are interested like I know you are please PM me or Email me with the number you would be interested in. This is just so I can get a formal list together. Posting here is nice but I want to make sure that we get a close to accurate count.

Thanks!

Rich

If enough people want the extra bits maybe I should make an extra mold to crank out a few of them....maybe like 4 per kit? (I know people want 8, but if I have to make 2 extra molds the price goes up more then 1 extra mold...its not much resin though...which is good....4 extra bits would probably raise the cost of the kit like $5. (guess) Thoughts?

If enough people want the extra bits maybe I should make an extra mold to crank out a few of them....maybe like 4 per kit? (I know people want 8, but if I have to make 2 extra molds the price goes up more then 1 extra mold...its not much resin though...which is good....4 extra bits would probably raise the cost of the kit like $5. (guess) Thoughts?

4 is plenty.

Okay....once I get all the pieces molded Ill make an extra mold of the Bit if thats what people want...we could probably offer it with or without the extra bits....seem good?

Also...on the BClub front....Im working on these molds and molds for the 1/100 VF2J Battroid and Fighter "Icarus" I wanted a couple extras of the VF2J's and I should have a few "gift sets" including both kits for sale.

Why don't you crazy mofo's recast a tanmen Cat's Eye while you are at it. What the dillio, I got a pm from one of you members and offered to sell it to me for $300.00. I knew that would happen eventually, STOP the madness and recast that sucker! :(

Well..first off...I dont like to recast things that are still being sold...that seems like stealing to me....2nd...the catseye is to much for me....Tanmens molds for thins are amazingly complicated...some other more talanted recasters might pull it off, but this would not be an easy project.

Sorry about not getting one...$300 seems like scalping to me... :(

It wouldn't be an easy project for even me right now. There'd be several three-part molds (something I've never done yet), plus I'd need a much larger pressure chamber in order to pressure cast all those huge parts. And I'd need to learn to cast metal parts (though that's net on my list of things to do).

And yes, if Tanmen is still selling them, I wouldn't recast them anyway. I'd consider that bootlegging. Maybe if he defininitively discontinued them, and/or we got his permission... then maybe.

• 1 month later...