Macross 7

turd

Could anyone provide the sequence to the following series? Your help & info's greatly appreciated!

Macross 7 Encore

-Episode 1

-Episode 2

-Episode 3 (is there any?)

Macross Dynamite 7

-Epidose 1

-Episode 2

-Episode 3

-Episode 4

Good Morning Mylene (Which series this video clip belongs to?)

Encore 1 & 2 fit roughly in the post ep 35 area (after the destruction of Lux), FotSW fits somewhere in the early 40's, while the movie fits directly before operation stargazer (all events occuring in 2045-6

Dynamite happens a year later, 2047.

So I take it you haven't seen any M7, as you were waiting for the right order to watch them in... Am I correct in this assumption?

If you would like a comprehensive review of Macross 7 there is one in my sig. Enjoy!

So I take it you haven't seen any M7, as you were waiting for the right order to watch them in... Am I correct in this assumption?

If you would like a comprehensive review of Macross 7 there is one in my sig. Enjoy!

You live for these threads, don't you? :)

If you would like a comprehensive review of Macross 7 there is one in my sig.  Enjoy!

Actually no, I live to celebrate my greatness, you know, like in the gym, or just standing next to a guy who is with his girlfirend, just so she can compare and cry.... HAHAHAHAHAAAAA...

I only allow my greatness to be tainted with these M7 threads because I need to let the normal people know that its ok to llike SDFM and DYRL and hate M7.

If you would like a comprehensive review of Macross 7 there is one in my sig.  Enjoy!

Actually no, I live to celebrate my greatness, you know, like in the gym, or just standing next to a guy who is with his girlfirend, just so she can compare and cry.... HAHAHAHAHAAAAA...

I only allow my greatness to be tainted with these M7 threads because I need to let the normal people know that its ok to llike SDFM and DYRL and hate M7.

I, too work out at Globogym -- we're better and we know it. And, yes, it's OK to hate M7.

Nothing sucks more than DYRL IMHO. Those huge NFL kinda shoulder pads... what are they for anyway? <_<

Yeah, flying combat mecha with a guitar makes WAY more sense.

Nothing sucks more than DYRL IMHO. Those huge NFL kinda shoulder pads... what are they for anyway? <_<

It's not a combat mecha.

It's not a combat mecha.

Ah.. Thanks for catching that.. I meant to say "Emitter or lameness" Mecha.

It's not a combat mecha.

Ah.. Thanks for catching that.. I meant to say "Emitter or lameness" Mecha.

Looks like you meant to say "Emitter of Lameness" Mecha.

Dear, oh, dear.

Edited by Renato

Hey keith thanks fer yer insight. Looks like i got lotsa sorting to do b4 burning those suckers.  :lol:

Ah, well if you need it that exact:

Encore 1 "On Stage," & Encore 2 "Which One Do You Love?" I'd place directly inbetween episodes 41 & 42. The movie definately fits inbetween episodes 42 & 43 (as 42 reveals that Gabil/Glavil can combine into 1 larger creature, but Stargazer goes into motion in episode 43). And "Fleet of hte Strongest Women" is a bit more difficult. It could go in the same block as the encore episodes (due to the next ep preview, I'd stick it before both), or it could be shoe'd in between episodes 46-47 (since it was released as an extra with one of the last volumes of the LD release). I'd stick to keeping it with the encore block of episodes though, specifically to keep all the next ep previews congruent.

Also forgot to answer your question about "Good Morning Mylene," answer being there were about 11 (If I recall correctly) "Macross 7 Plus" omake shorts. They were included with the LD (and subsequent DVD) releases with each volume (consisting of 4 regular eps, & 1 plus short). Most of them were animated, but a couple were live concert excerpts.

-Fastest Liftoff (half our live action premiere specficial that aired before the first broadcast of Macross 7. Mostly an overview of Macross, interview with Kawamori, and preview of 7).

-Good Morning Mylene

-A live performance of Holy Lonely Light (I "think" by Humming bird).

-Live Performance of "Try Again"

-Accoustic Totsugeki Love Heart (animated video done to one of best versions of Totsugeki Love Heart)

-Street Fighter Veffidas Fease (A little backstory on Veffidas)

-Top Gamlin (backstory on Gamlin's reasons for being a pilot, & training)

-Ray, Akiko, Stephen, And... (backstory on that triangle)

-City 7, 24 hours (a little media piece on the City 7 police force)

-Milia The President (an overview of Milia's campaign)

-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Nights / Diamon Calling partial music video's to new footage

-Fire Bomber Live in Concert (live concert version of Planet Dance done by the Seiyuu instead of Humming Bird)

I may be missing something there, and the order may be slightly off, but that's the gist of it. I suggest you pick up a copy of the FX Macross 7 sets to get them all, subtitles aren't that great, but everything else is good about them.

Edited by Keith

Keith, do you know which DVD set I can find the "Macross 7 Plus" omake shorts these days? I have all Mac 7 episodes except these. Thanks.

The FX set (which is pretty rare these days due to storm troopers shutting their facilities down) has all of the extra's. You can still find it over at valkyrie-exchange.com

I thought they were used as a light source like a Flashlight <_<

No they have flashlights for that! :lol: Remember Hikaru stepping on his when he saw it was Minmay he saved? I think they acted as signal flares for pilots stranded in space.

• 3 years later...

(With a choice to either start a new thread or conduct a search and raising from the dead, I went the necromancy route. Six one way--half a dozen the other . . .)

I finished watching M7 and all its peripherals programs recently, and now I am trying to determine the chronological/sequential placement of those peripherals in relation to the episodes. I don't think the following is quite correct:

Ah, well if you need it that exact:

Encore 1 "On Stage," & Encore 2 "Which One Do You Love?" I'd place directly inbetween episodes 41 & 42. The movie definately fits inbetween episodes 42 & 43 (as 42 reveals that Gabil/Glavil can combine into 1 larger creature, but Stargazer goes into motion in episode 43). And "Fleet of hte Strongest Women" is a bit more difficult. It could go in the same block as the encore episodes (due to the next ep preview, I'd stick it before both), or it could be shoe'd in between episodes 46-47 (since it was released as an extra with one of the last volumes of the LD release). I'd stick to keeping it with the encore block of episodes though, specifically to keep all the next ep previews congruent.

Here's my take.

RECOMMENDED VIEWING SEQUENCE:

Macross 7, Eps.1-20

"Encore: On Stage"

21-40

"Encore: Which One Do You Love?"

41-42

"Macross 7 Movie: The Galaxy Is Calling Me!"

"Fleet Of The Strongest Women"

43-49

Macross Dynamite 7, Eps.1-4

RATIONALE (spoilers):

I will use the nomenclature of "x" to refer to the placement of a given peripheral program, and then relate it to relevant episode numbers.

"ENCORE: On Stage" ("OS")

This video could theoretically be placed in any of three different places, which I will call "Early", "Intermediate", and "Late".

EARLY:

- The beginning of the TV talk show "Coffee Break" tells us that Akiko is Fire Bomber's (FB) promoter. She agreed to promote the single "Planet Dance" in Ep.8. Ray was looking for a manager in Ep.14, but the band still could not afford one at that time. At the beginning of Ep.20, Akiko tells us that the concert there is "the first day", which apparently means the first concert she has managed for the band. So Ep.20<x.

- The male talk show host tells us that FB has risen to the top of the charts. In Ep.14, "Planet Dance" was still only 8th on the pop charts. In Ep.20, Michael tells Milia that the song has finally reached #1. 20<x

- Ep.21 begins with a public announcement that FB will be recording an album, and then we see the band recording in Akiko's studio. There is no mention of this album on the TV show. The two songs that we hear being played in the Encore are "Love Heart" and "Planet Dance", rather than any of the band's later music. x<21

- Because of after-effects from being possessed by Sivil, Akiko is sent to the hospital at the end of Ep.22, where she stays until the beginning of Ep.25. x<22

- There is no mention of Sound Force, or Mylene's or Ray's Valks. These became publically known in Ep.25. Instead, the talk show only shows Basara's VF-19 as the mecha face of the band. x<25

These things would seem to point to an early chronological placement of "OS": 20<x<21.

INTERMEDIATE:

However, there are a some other elements in the show which are problematic, pointing to a possibly later chrono placement:

- The Macross 7 (M7) fleet is shown in the opening narrative of the encore as being completely intact, with all ships traveling together through deep space, rather than on the surface of or in orbit around the planet Lux. City 7 (C7) is separated from Battle 7 (B7) in Ep.12. C7 does not rejoin the fleet until the end of Ep.22. Because of the encore's opening narrative, it is possible that End22<x. (This is assuming that the opening narrative is intended to be taken as specifically relevant to the encore's timing, rather than only serving general background information purposes. We don't really know if the fleet is indeed still intact or scattered during the time of the talk show.)

- Because of after-effects from being possessed by Sivil, Akiko is sent to the hospital at the end of Ep.22, where she stays until the beginning of Ep.25. Her first musical project at that point is the failed duet with Basara and Alice Holiday. Now, since she is out of both the hospital and the music studio for the talk show appearance, then 25<x.

- We see The M7 fleet fold into orbit around the planet Lux at the end of Ep.25. The fleet lands on Lux in Ep.26, and does not fold away from the planet's surface back out into space until the end of Ep.38. End38<x

- Ep.39 is clip show in which Akiko compiles stock video footage from UN Forces for a publicity video on Basara and Sound Force. It might make sense that Akiko would have made the TV talk show appearance around this time, too. But none of this footage was made available for the talk show, though. x<39

A possible intermediate placement for "OS" could be between Episodes 38 and 39. 38<x<39

LATE:

Lastly, there is a remote possibility of a very late chronological placement of the encore:

- In the encore's opening concert before the talk show, Flower Girl holds a Basara VF-19 stuffed toy. We see her actually winning such a stuffed toy from the arcade where Mylene's birthday party was held in Ep.43. 43<x (Though it's entirely possible that Flower Girl would have bought lots of Basara memoribilia, including multiple stuffed toys. Can one have too many Yammies, for example? On the other hand, would there have been enough time for toys of Basara's Val to be made early on in the band's history? Or might Flower Girl have actually hand-sewn the particular stuffed toy she was holding in the encore? The exact significance of that stuffed Valk in the encore remains unclear.)

- Fire Bomber/Sound Force are preoccupied with Operation Stargazer from Episode 43 through 46. 46<x

- There is a vague period between the Gabil-Gamlin incident (46) and the concert at the beginning of 47, just before the last two Protodeviln attack. It's possible Akiko could've chosen todo the talk show appearance during this time. x<47

This leads to a possible late chrono placement for "OS" of 46<x<47.

But neither an intermediate nor a late placement makes sense given the scarcity of info provided about Fire Bomber's past in the talk show, and the lack of mention of any of the band's later songs, and the lack of discussion of Sound Force and the other Valks. This talk show comes off as occurring earlier in FB's history, when the band was new and mysterious, rather than later. We probably should not place too much stock in the fact that the opening narrative uses stock footage of the fleet while intact, nor be swayed by that toy. So I tentatively believe that the Encore "On Stage" should be considered as taking place between Episodes 20 and 21. 20<"OS"<21

"ENCORE: WHICH ONE DO YOU LOVE?" ("WODYL?")

- Ray and Mylene's Valks both have Sound Boosters here. Dr. Chiba invented these and first put them into service in Ep.28. 28<x

- The M7 fleet is shown here in both stock and new footage as intact and in open space, rather than near Lux. End38<x

- Gamlin is wearing his full service dress uniform during his date with Miho, and he is repeatedly referred to as "Lieutenant Gamlin" here. Now, he quit the military in Ep.34, and he did not re-join until Ep.40. 40<x

- As the five Valks and their pilots sing to the stars, we are shown footage of a little boy on a farm, who is holding a stuffed toy of Guvava bearing a wide-open mouth. This is the boy Billy, who we meet in Ep.41. His toy Guvava has that open mouth in the beginning of the ep, but Billy sews the mouth shut at the end. x<41

40<"WODYL?"<41. The encore "Which One Do You Love?" would seem to take place between Episodes 40 and 41.

(Interestingly enough, since Milia flies in her red VF-22S here, we now also know that she must've gotten that Valk before Ep.41, too. So one must wonder: what happened to the red VF-17, since Ep.21? Was it the same Valk that Milia let Gamlin keep for himself when he quit the military, re-painted black? That might open the window of opportunity for her to go looking for a VF-22.)

"MACROSS 7 MOVIE: THE GALAXY IS CALLING ME!" ("TGICM!")

- Ray and Mylene's Valks both have Sound Boosters here. Dr. Chiba invented these and first put them into service in Ep.28. 28<x

- The M7 fleet is shown here in new footage as intact and in an unfamiliar region of open space, rather than near Lux. End38<x

- Gamlin is wearing his full service dress uniform during his date with Miho, and he is repeatedly referred to as "Lieutenant Gamlin" here. Now, he quit the military in Ep.34, and did not re-join until Ep.40. 40<x

- This program begins with Dr. Chiba working on an experiment with music and plants. That idea very well could've been derived from wisdom shared by the Sunny Flower farmer in Ep.41, who said that plants like good music. 41<x

- Gabil and Grabil ("Gab & Grab"â„¢) unite with Natter-Balgo to form the super robeast "fatal combo". And the four heroic mecha all surround this creature ring-around-the-rosey-style to wail on it with Sound Energy, creating a sort of incomplete Sound Barrier effect. Both of these concepts were introduced in Ep.42. 42<x

- But there is no mention here of Operation Stargazer, which was introduced in Ep.43 and runs through Ep.46. x<43

42<"TGICM!"<43. This leads me to agree with the above opinion that "The Galaxy Is Calling Me!" must've taken place between Episodes 42 and 43.

"FLEET OF THE STRONGEST WOMEN" ("FOTSW")

Since this video has no definite time clues, its placement is highly arbitrary. It could be viewed at any point during a string of rather random stories between Episodes 40 and 43.

- It could be right after Ep.40, and before "WODYL?". Ep.40 dealt with Gabil's random remote-control mecha scheme, and also showed Gamlin's return to the military. (However, as explained above, I believe that Ep.40 and "WODYL?" should be viewed together as leading up to Ep.41.)

- It could take place right after Ep.41, when we are taken on the random detour to the Sunny Flower agriculture ship, and before Ep.42. (However, as explained above, I believe that Eps.41 and 42 should be viewed together as leading up to "TGICM!".)

- It probably takes place following "TGICM!", after yet another random detour--this time to a snowy planet--but before the Operation Stargazer campaign begins in Ep.43, running through Ep.46. A random adventure with a Meltrandi fleet would actually kinda fit right nicely here, without interfering with the quasi-order amidst all the other random episodes between 40 and 43. "TGICM!"<x<43

- I highly doubt the above opinion that this video occurred between Ep.46 (the end of Operation Stargazer) and Ep.47, because Gabil-Gamlin vamped out on Milia in Ep.46, sending her to the hospital, and she's still in her bed at home in Ep.47. Milia didn't get out of bed until Ep.49. She couldn't have been up and about to go chat with Chlore in "FOTSW", then, in between these two episodes. x<46

- Because of the drama of the events in Ep.49 (the crashing of B7, the abandoning of ship, Mylene's cooperation with the Jamming Birds, Basara's arising from the coma, Flower Girl's successful delivery of the flowers, Gepelnitch's destruction of Basara's VF-19, Gepelnitch's realization of the power of Spiritia Creation, and the departure of the Protodeviln), I would tend to think that the last numbered ep should be considered the true final conclusion to the series. All of the peripherals ought to fall in at some point before Ep.49, I feel. x<49

My best guess is that "Fleet of the Strongest Women" works best when viewed between "The Galaxy Is Calling Me!" and Episode 43. "TGICM!"<"FOTSW"<43

MACROSS DYNAMITE 7 (MD7)

While the events of <M7> are officially said to take place in the years 2045 and 2046, <MD7> is dated in the year 2047.

Edited by BEAST