Question about the K&M figures

VT-102

In the Macross K&M figures. Are the transformable ones supposed to come with all of the accessories so that they may be posed in all three modes?

For example, does 1 box with a VF-1S (transformable type) have all the pieces so that it can be posed as Fighter, Gerwalk, Battaroid?

Or, does 1 box come only with the pieces so that it may only complete one of the poses and you have to buy additional boxes separetly? Do you guys Following me?

Basically I got a scond hand set but the transformable types only have enough pieces so that they may complete only one pose.

For example: My Max type can only be posed as Gerwalk, My CF Brownie can only be a Battaroid, and my Kikaru type can only pose as Fighter.

Is that right? OR are there missing pieces. Either way seems pretty lame. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I think you guys need to read more. VT-102 to answer your question. The variable K&M figures come with all the necessary pieces for that toy. For Example: Roy Focker VF-1S can be transformed into all three modes However it is not "perfect transformation" it is parts replacement. But you DO get ALL the pieces. They jsut sit at teh side when you show one mode.

Yeah, like wolfx said, you normally get all the parts to make one of the three modes. You just interchange parts to change it from one mode to another. They look best in Gerwalk and especially Fighter mode. The Battroid modes look funny with the short head lasers.

But what I have is only enough parts to have one specific mode. I have:

A CF brownie in Battaroid mode but it has no extra feet, canopy or tail wings to make it into Gerwalk or Fighter. I can only keep it as a Battaroid.

Same with my Hikaru VF-1j type. I only have enough pieces to make it into fighter mode and nothing else.

And my Max vf-j type can only be a Gerwalk and has no extra parts for Fighter Battaroid.

So, I'm understanding what your saying as:

All three of these variable models (CF, Hikaru, Max) should EACH have extra pieces such as feet, cockpit and tail wings. And, that EACH should be able to change into all three modes. Is that correct?

That means I am missing pieces from each model. Also, I only got one full stand.

I thought it was pretty odd that they would make variable models then not give you enough pieces to actually transform them into each mode. The only way I can transform them is if I mix and match parts from each figure. But then I end up with a multi-colored valk. Well I guess that's why the price was cheap.

Edited by VT-102

I think you guys need to read more. VT-102 to answer your question. The variable K&M figures come with all the necessary pieces for that toy. For Example: Roy Focker VF-1S can be transformed into all three modes However it is not "perfect transformation" it is parts replacement. But you DO get ALL the pieces. They jsut sit at teh side when you show one mode.

AH, thank you.

That is exactly what I meant. So then I am definitely missing some pieces. Because I can only keep them in one mode at all times. Unless of course I mix and match different color parts from each valk. Which deosn't seem right.

Thanks for the clarification.

• 1 year later...

Just chiming in as I opened a case of the 002 series. Only some boxes contain a fully transformable valk. Most boxes contain parts for only for one particular pose, be it gerwalk, battroid, or fighter. It sounds like some of yours may indeed be missing pieces, or they could be the variety that are not fully variable.

On a similar topic, I have a question regarding K&M series 002. I opened a case of 10 boxes and 2 of the boxes had a sealed black bag with Japapense writing on them along with a figure. The bags contained what appears to be scrap parts in odd colors. Some parts look like heads and other components of a valk, while still most of the others seem to be just scrap crumbled pieces of plastic. One of the bags was included with an armored vf-1j and another was with a red vf-1j fighter. None of the other boxes had this bag of scrap parts.

What is this all about?

Hey sharky,

that's a first. I've bought three sets of the series 2 figures in the past with the last set being late last year, and none of them ever came came with the black bags you speak of. All of the ones that are supposed to transform did come with all the necessary parts to transform them. There was one time that I was missing the gerwalk/fighter fuselage for the VF-1S, but the seller was kind enough to send me another complete valkyrie free of charge even though I just needed the part. Come to think of it though, all the ones I received always came sealed in their clear bags outside the boxes with the boxes flattened for easier and cheaper shipping from HK or Japan, so they might have thrown away those black bags that you are talking about. That's odd that they would include scrap plastic like you say you received.

That's weird.. I got a complete set of 1 and 2, and got parts for all three in each. My Hikaru had the center piece that allows the legs to fold forward and all the pieces attatch to, so it didn't work and I never got it replaced, but all the parts were there. I only bought the sets for the posable figs anyways tho, so, eh.

I did a search on this forum and found a thread that explains that the black bags are for weight correction.  The thread mentioned that the writing on the bag stated this.

395350[/snapback]

The black bags also contain the damp removing stuff (cant remember what its called) that usually says "dont eat" on the package. the weight correction is so you cant shake and guess in the shop. In my brand new pack of 10 I got 3 with this stuff packed in.

Just as a guide you can get the 002 series at HLJ you get a box of ten and it usually has two of each of the five. worth it if you want to finnish the collection without the hassel of eBay etc, works out cheaper.