Gundam: True Odyssey

Has anyone been following this :

FROM GUNTOA :

Gundam: True Odyssey official opens

The official site for Gundam: True Odyssey ~The Legend Of The Lost G~ went online today. Details below...

Prologue:

"The world of the distant future...

A 'System' is created as the result of a great technological revolution reaching its peak. The transformation and synthesis of energy & matter became possible and this visionary new System could create anything immediately so long as the blueprints existed.

However, the System ran out of control thanks to one man who envisioned the creation of a new world. Society faced the immense crisis...this was 'The Great Destruction'.

The suvivors already didn't have the power to maintain civilization so, ironically, without the System that created the tragedy, it was doubtful that reconstruction could take place. The System became strictly controlled while society was steadily rebuilt little by little.

Now, after that time, the System is used by someone to produce mobile suits: huge, humanoid-shaped, moving weapons. The world will once again face a time of confusion..."

Characters:

Trush (could conceivably be spelled "Trash") - The protagonist of this tale. A boy raised as an orphan. He heads forth on a journey of conflict with a mobile suit manufactured by the System to strike out at the foes of his comrades. A cheerfully single-minded 16-year-old.

Fritz - Raised in the same orphanage as Trush. A 14-year-old Trush treats as a sibling. While his personality is that of someone who is easily elated on the surface, he also has another side that is challenging. His forte is tinkering with machines.

Eachie - The heroine of the tale. An amnesiac girl who happened to be met by chance at the ruins. Outwardly, she appears about 14 but her true age is unknown. What will she gain when she comes into contact with people like Trush?

Staff:

Original work - Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino (from "Mobile Suit Gundam")

Original plan - Sunrise

Creation collaboration - Kenichi Matsuzaki

Main character design - Akira Yasuda

Opening animation - Sunrise

Opening theme song - "Take A Chance" by Savage Genius (single to be released July 6th)

Development producers - Norihiko Ushimura, Shinji Namikawa

Some imageboards by Akira Yasuda can also be seen in the Gallery section. Release date is this Summer, price is 6,800 yen.

-_- I've lost all hope....I think its nearly time for us to say goodbye to Gundam, just kill it, its like Old Yeller dammit just take the shotgun and pull the trigger.

If the TVCM's or any promo's don't impress me, then blah dah hell with it.

Doubt we'll see it here in the states anyways.

Sorta agree with you there, CCA was were it should have just stopped. It was a perfect Ending to a Gundam title with the ending of the two most popular characters ever to be rivals, the ORIGINALS, not this Heero and Zechs blah.

I better see some good graphics and storyline in this if I'm too be impressed.

If they ended it after CCA, we would have never gotten Victory.

We also wouldn't have gotten X, W, Turn A, SEED. Gotta sacrifice something for the greater good.

Yeah, except I wasn't overly fond of Victory, but I enjoyed SEED, and I actually really liked X.

As far as the game goes, I don't mind the story taking place in an alternate universe, as long as they use more suits than just the ones from the One Year War. If they're only going to use OYW suits, they might as well have just made a OYW game.

Who cares get the import !

My Japanese is passable enough to play an action game like AEUG vs. Titans, Rockman Zero 4, or the Macross game. But I highly dount that I'd import an RPG.

Actually, I'd say this game has a pretty good chance of making it Stateside. Bandai is pushing Gundam here. Even though Wing and SEED have been their poster children, we've still managed to get Journey to Jaburo, Zeonic Front, Federation vs. Zeon, and Gundam vs. Z-Gundam is set for a June release.

On top of that, anime fans seem to be fans of RPGs. Plus, an original story means they don't have to rely on anyone being familiar with previous Gundam material. They could easily market it here as "An RPG with giant robots!*"

*based on the hit anime Mobile Suit Gundam

• 2 weeks later...