Question about the HASEGAWA Battroid kit

DatterBoy

Meaning really, is the super battroid kit simply the non super version, but with the fast pack kit? Or is there actually a difference between the battroid only components of each kit?

In other words, if I bought a super kit, would the kit without the armor be identicle to the non fast pack battroid kit?

:Dat

Can't help you with pictures, since I don't do toys, but I can almost guarantee that you won't want that, since once you see the model next to the toy, you're going to want to discard that overpriced, poorly detailed transforming thing and invest all the money and time you have in building plastic rather than virtual models.

I only saw one set of hips. The fins were there to allow you to make either an A or S model. The S model using the larger leg fins. I didnt like the fact that the chest plate on my strike battroid was molded in yellow. Would have preferred white plastic, even 3 coats of tamiya white showed a little yellow.

OH YEAH! The wings are too small :p at least i think so.

Battroid wings are supposed to be too small, so they can tuck in behind the body. If they are as big as the wings in fighter mode, the folded wings will look absolutely ridiculous.

The old hips didn't work very well, so the new hips are improved. I have not used the old hips myself, so I don't know what its failings are, but why play with fire?

Actually i replaced the batt wings with fighter wings and they do look better. An added benefit is that you can put the formation lights in the wing roots and tips. It also allows you to mount ordinance on the wings.

Actually i replaced the batt wings with fighter wings and they do look better. An added benefit is that you can put the formation lights in the wing roots and tips. It also allows you to mount ordinance on the wings.

If you placed ordnance on the wings... you'd have to have them extended right? Does anyone have a screen shot of a battroid with the ordnance attached?

The scene in question is actually on the side of the strike batt box too. Theres also plenty of reference on here too. The wings can be extended in battroid mode, its actually a common question on here. The battroid kit also allows the wings to swing. This is a pic of my model during construction. Still not done with decals :huh: been busy with bigger things

post-3-1113516960_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

What's Ordnance?

I basically would like to get one of these as my CG model is trying to strike a better happy medium between the HASEGAWA batt and the HASEGAWA fighter. As much as I love the 1/48's I think the battroid mode could look better. I'm getting very close to where I want to be and anyone who has hung out on the Mass CG Projects thread knows what I mean.

As I have used pictures and refs of the Batt model for my own CG model, I have fallen in love with it's proportions and would like to get and build one. It's a thing of beauty, but 1/72 seems very small.

The reason why I ask about the differences betwen the super and no super is because someone on EBAY is selling both versions for 29.99 (is that a good price?). It seems the one thing the non super lacks is a 1S head, but otherwise is the better choice if you don't care about the 1S head over the fast packs.

:Dat

Yes, it transforms without "anime magic"

post-3-1113525413_thumb.jpg

Edited by DatterBoy

Ordnance: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ordnance

In short, armament or weapons.

$29.99 for both Super or Strike and regular version? That is a very good deal, depending on how much shipping is. I don't recommend posting the link here, though, as I'm very likely to take it away from you. :-P

Nah, I probably won't. I'm out of money.

That CG model looks great, Dat. Everyone in the CG thread does great stuff.

Edited by Stamen0083