Macross Zero Descrepancies

grss1982

Its all cool...I was just wondering.

Alpha, I didnt realize that the YF-21 lost its hand, I knew the gunpod was lost,  that is cool!  Thanks

Twich

that reminds me, why is it that that the yf-21 always end up with a ripped out part.

Ex. 1 = entire right arm ripped out by isamu in batroid brawl.

Ex. 2 = right hand ripped out in 2nd battroid brawl on earth.

Is the yf-21 of cheap contruction or what? :unsure:

not bashing here, just curios. :p

and to be fare the yf-19 did have its head laser taken out by a PPBS punch by the yf-21.

P.S.

thanks for the info and the pics guys!!!!! ;):p:D:lol:B))

special mention AlphaHX and azrael. :)

though there have been some off-topics here and there, i'm really happy for the discussion that sprang out on this thread i created.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by grss1982

that reminds me, why is it that that the yf-21 always end up with a ripped out part.

:unsure:

Because it serves the storyboards?

:unsure:

Because it serves the storyboards?

don´t forget Guld´s fight with the Ghost where it destroys all of the YF-21 limbs in the canyon dogfight.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Aegis, I was just looking at your avatar and I just remembered that scene also has errors. Notice that there is no skull-like ingisnia in DD's battroid, as seen in this pics:

I'd call that being lazy, not a discrepancy.... <_<

don´t forget Guld´s fight with the Ghost where it destroys all of the YF-21 limbs in the canyon dogfight.

Oh yeah, in the movie edition version after Guld severs the limbs he starts firing at the Ghost with lasers. BUT... it's not possible because the laser weapons were housed in the arms of the YF-21 that had already been ejected from the body...

Oh yeah, in the movie edition version after Guld severs the limbs he starts firing at the Ghost with lasers.  BUT... it's not possible because the laser weapons were housed in the arms of the YF-21 that had already been ejected from the body...

Guld used YF-21's head antenna.

FV

• 2 weeks later...

thank god the forums are back!!!!!!

Anyway i just found another error in Macross Zero that were made by the animators. The next trwo images are from macross zero vol. 1, "the Vf-0s transfromation sequence."

first shot, with complete missles just after transforming to battroid mode:

Edited by grss1982

YEAH YEAH YEAH, I know picture sucks!!! :-)

But anyway here picture no. 2, right after roy shot down incoming missles and is about to take out oncoming sv-51:

You can clearly see that at least six missles are missing, where the heck did they go? he could'nt have possibly fired them to intercept the sv-51's missles.

Edited by grss1982

But anyway here picture no. 2, right after roy shot down incoming missles and is about to take out oncoming sv-51:

You can clearly see that at least six missles are missing, where the heck did they go? he could'nt have possibly fired them to intercept the sv-51's missles.

He fired some missiles off. It happens very quickly but you see the smoke trail. Watch it again.

Oh yeah, in the movie edition version after Guld severs the limbs he starts firing at the Ghost with lasers. BUT... it's not possible because the laser weapons were housed in the arms of the YF-21 that had already been ejected from the body...

He had one gunpod left, which fires the same thing, sort of. It's what he openned up with Isamu with. You'll note he only is firing from one side instead of both as usual. Unlike Isamu's shield which was clearly knocked away before the final missile swarm and apparently the gunpod given the view after of a clean bottom (where it was before), this isn't that big of a blooper. It sort of is as his leg storage bay covers weren't in evidence.

Either his gun pod's firing blue tracers, with blue smoke, that seem to also function as the projectile of it's a energy gun. Personally I think it's a energy gun.

Wasn't it supposed to fire only backwards?  :unsure:

Fortunately, it doesn't stand still. :) Shoji Kawamori specifically calls the YF-21's head gun a "rear anti-aircraft laser gun." However, like the head guns on other fighters that he also calls "rear," he does make a design note that it can rotate as a turret even in Fighter mode.

Edited by EganLoo

He had one gunpod left, which fires the same thing, sort of. It's what he openned up with Isamu with. You'll note he only is firing from one side instead of both as usual. Unlike Isamu's shield which was clearly knocked away before the final missile swarm and apparently the gunpod given the view after of a clean bottom (where it was before), this isn't that big of a blooper. It sort of is as his leg storage bay covers weren't in evidence.

Either his gun pod's firing blue tracers, with blue smoke, that seem to also function as the projectile of it's a energy gun. Personally I think it's a energy gun.

Guld already lost his remaining gun pod when he ejected his arms, legs, and leg panels. (There's no other place to mount the gun pod in Fighter mode.) Fortunately, he still has his anti-aircraft laser gun.

Isamu's shield was not knocked away by Guld in the city fight before the final missile swarm. Isamu loses one of his shoulder FAST Packs, not the shield, at the end of the city fight. That is why he still has the shield in the end when he uses it with the pin-point barrier to ram the Macross.

The YF-21's gun pod is not an energy gun pod. That is why Shoji Kawamori specifically noted that it has a "stealth cover" for its muzzle (unlike its energy-based guns) and a "gas vent" in the rear. It just takes "case-less ammo," which is why is doesn't have an ejection port.

He fired some missiles off. It happens very quickly but you see the smoke trail. Watch it again.

did you mean this one:

i see what seems to be vertical smoke trails, are those the missles?

post-2-1116382665_thumb.jpg

You might have convinced me there azrael, but again I found another one although this one i dont know who to blame the animators or there hardware (e.g. computers). try to look at the four picture sequence this is the fight after roy owns that first sv-51 and just right after you see shin running through the jungle in macross zero vol. 1. :-)

BTW sorry about the big screencaps before, i hope that with this knew pic I might have just found a new to way take caps without resizing them.

post-2-1116383533_thumb.jpg

Edited by grss1982

You might have convinced me there azrael, but again I found another one although this one i dont know who to blame the animators or there hardware (e.g. computers).

LOL...that's a good one. That would actually be blamed on the animators. Well...you could blame it on the software (not hardware) as well. That's clipping. It happens when doing computer animation. It doesn't happen often (assuming your people pay attention) but it happens. It looks as if the animators forgot to reposition the head. If you don't move the head, the software will not pick up on it since you didn't tell it to and things like that will occur. The case here is, the software will do only what you tell it to do. If you have "The Incredibles", watch the bloopers. There's some very good examples of computer animation at it's worst. And trust me, clipping isn't as bad as other things you can screw up on. :lol:

here's another one thats been bothering me for sometime. The first two caps are from the 1st battle between roy and ivanov at the start of macross zero vol.2.

Did you notice the thingies I encircled? are those what i think they are (leg fastpacks)? Its bothered me a lot becuase in the beginning of the roy vs. ivanov rumble (as shown on the thrid cap) its clearly seen that roy has no more missiles on his wings, yet as seen in the previous caps he fires some at ivanov. :unsure:

Anyway i thought those nifty/cool fastpacks will be introduced in vol.5, but it seems its already been introduced as early as vol.2.

What's got me more perplexed is that if you look at the 5th and 6th post in this page you will notice that there is no and i repeat no leg fastpacks on the vf-0s and those caps were alomst at the end of of vol.1. :unsure:

post-2-1116414896_thumb.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Did you notice the thingies I encircled? are those what i think they are (leg fastpacks)? Its bothered me a lot becuase in the beginning of the roy vs. ivanov rumble (as shown on the thrid cap) its clearly seen that roy has no more missiles on his wings, yet as seen in the previous caps he fires some at ivanov. :unsure:

Yes, those are FAST packs/conformal fuel tanks. They also have micro missile launchers.

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_.../vf0/index.html

Anyway i thought those nifty/cool fastpacks will be introduced in vol.5, but it seems its already been introduced as early as vol.2.

Actually, those things go all the way back to ep. 1. If ya missed it, watch it again.

What's got me more perplexed is that if you look at the 5th and 6th post in this page you will notice that there is no and i repeat no leg fastpacks on the vf-0s and those caps were alomst at the end of of vol.1.  :unsure:

Actually, they are on it. There is a discoloration on the legs which would be the FAST packs. Perhaps you should look for a new source, those screenshots are quite grainy....

Perhaps you should look for a new source, those screenshots are quite grainy....

Yep, I think its time to look for a better copy of macross zero. I think i'll try to find the DVD here in the Philippines or maybe i could just get it by BT. :unsure:

BTW thats the best piece of advice you've ever given me. :lol:

Yep, I think its time to look for a better copy of macross zero. I think i'll try to find the DVD here in the Philippines or maybe i could just get it by BT. :unsure:

BTW thats the best piece of advice you've ever given me. :lol:

After check the R2s, yeah, you need a better source cuz those FAST packs are there.

Also I decided to double checked that clipping problem. Unless you freeze frame it, you won't notice that. It's nit-picking worthy but unless you wanna watch it frame by frame, it's not a big problem. Something like that doesn't stand out like Shin's disappearing and reappearing FAST packs since it happens really fast (the clipping instance goes by in a second) compared to a slow dramatic shot.

Good eyes though. However, I don't know if you wanna watch every Macross episode frame-by-frame. :)

Also I decided to double checked that clipping problem. Unless you freeze frame it, you won't notice that. It's nit-picking worthy but unless you wanna watch it frame by frame, it's not a big problem. Something like that doesn't stand out like Shin's disappearing and reappearing FAST packs since it happens really fast (the clipping instance goes by in a second) compared to a slow dramatic shot.

Good eyes though. However, I don't know if you wanna watch every Macross episode frame-by-frame. :)

People in the forums should start calling me "THE NIT-PICKER". :lol:

Anyway, about the clipping problem i found it by accident. Actually if you must know i do watch certain parts of macross zero frame by frame. :ph34r: But mostly though its scenes that involve the mecha while transforming and at the same time fighting or vice versa. :D

BTW here's another one although I wouldnt call it a descripancy, its more a demonstration of how good a pilot roy focker is. You see as he dunks shin and edgar into he is actualy cathcing his gun pod, which he had thrown into the air before he grabbed shin's vf-0d's gun arm.

post-2-1116496883_thumb.jpg

Edited by grss1982

• 5 weeks later...

hey azrael, i finally got myself some very nice dvd rips of macross zero and guess what? I found another one of those clipping animations.

notice the left elbow. :p

post-2-1119002660_thumb.jpg

Edited by grss1982

i just could'nt stop myself. :p

another error, i think? :unsure:

push to jett? what the heck does that mean? should'nt it be push to eject? tomcat.gif

It means "push to jettison": fire the explosive bolts that holds the fast packs (in this case)