Has anyone played World at War?

Ladic

World at War was made by the same guys that did panzer general 1 & 2. They upgraded its engine to the one used in War in the Pacific and they reduced the complexity of the new engine and did World at War. if you want to play war in the pacific be aware that you will need to know a lot about WWII. (i don´t play strategy games and i don´t read books about WWII so i can´t recommend anything about it).

Looks interesting. I will have to check that out soon. Right now I'm engrossed in Silent Hunter III... If you enjoy WWII naval conflict, you'll love SHIII.

derailing this a bit. How does SHIII compare to SHII? I still have SHII installed with all the fan made graphics mods and the Das Boot SF replacement pack, a very enjoyable game, although not all my friends appreciate the joys of screaming "Alarrrrrm!" and the subsequent depth charging :lol:

Oh, does SHIII still include a German sound track?

Edited by Akilae

You know, I never played SHII... My last sub sim was the original 688 Attack Sub back in '89 - CGA all the way :). I hear that SHIII compares favorably to II, but this is heresay on my own part.

The interface is great, perhaps excepting some of the key assignments, and German (as well as English) is available for both ingame audio and text, and may be mixed & matched. I use English text with German audio myself. You can add your own music files to the "grammophone" folder in .mp3 format, and have your radio man DJ for you, no mods required.

A kind of nifty feature is that the interior, exterior and crew of your sub are rendered in full 3D, allowing you to move from station to station without taking shortcuts, although you can do that too. If you want to use the periscope, you walk up to it and click it. If you want to visit the Nav station or Sonar station, you do the same. If you want to take over on any of these stations yourself, you right-click the crewman manning it. It's a far cry from the sims of old where you were lucky to have perhaps two or three static stations to switch between.

Besides all of that, the gameplay is fantastic IMHO, and the graphics are quite nice too. I think you'd dig it. B))

...And now back to our scheduled programming.