Is this what Last Stand Roy (Toynami) Looks Like?

shiyao

Yep, i have him too, he's in that VF-1S shrine you've seen. Personally, i think he's kinda lame. I accidentally snapped the strap off his gun the first time I held him. A little rubber cement later you can't tell but really I can't figure out a single pose he looks good in. They kinda have his legs spread way too far apart for my liking.

The Toynami poseables WITHOUT the fast packs have their legs too far apart - the Toynami poseables WITH the fast packs have their legs too close together. I wonder what the solution is? <_<

I am of the belief that poseable figures are easier to do if the subject is mecha - joints tend to be easier to hide, since it is not entirely implausible that mecha have external joints. Sadly Toynami has disappointed me somewhat - the "super" poseables are actually somewhat less poseable than, say, a 5.99 KB Toys Spiderman figure or even some of the Binalts in robot mode. Very unfortunate.

I asked the question initially because there was an ebay seller letting one Last Stand Roy go for $14. I've since bought it - I curse the day I decided to collect them all.

If anyone has a VF-1D they're willing to let go, LMK. Otherwise it's TwinMoons for me :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1...omparison-1.jpg

The one on the right.

A quick answer will be appreciated!

taking a que from Hasbro in order to make redecos of the same toy, well yes.

Well ... fact of the matter is, aren't all VF-1 valks repaints? Changing the head/canopy size hardly counts as a new "sculpt".

I curse the day I decided to collect them all.

Didn't you just utter that same thing about the "morphers"? Man, you got the completist bug bad!

The friggin' horse from Ren & Stimpy (if I'm not mistaken) is hilarious.

Yeah. I guess I needed something to do while waiting for the next major Yamato/Toynami product (1/48 GBP, Shadow Alpha MPC, Cyclones/Betas :ph34r:). Morphers and poseables are cheap, so they make healthy diversions. But on the downside, they have near zero value and aren't all that great to look at.

I have also developed an unhealthy obsession with Arnold Schwarzenegger in my bored state.

"I love the Hong Kong style of action movies, but that only looks good for small guys. The reason why the whole style was developed over there was because those guys were very puny guys - they're not powerful-looking guys, they're also not powerful guys. There's no weight lifting champion coming out of Hong Kong - maybe in the bantam division or the lightweight division or something like that, but normally you don't have really strong men coming out of there...they had to learn a technique that small people can do that are as effective as the big guy's strength. So that's where the martial arts came from." - Arnie

I have the DYRL posables and the 1D posable... they are all kinda neat, but the legs are fubared no matter which you get. The non-FP releases are really too far apart for normal posing, but you can get a neato crouching psoe that looks rather dynamic. They are kinda close together on the DYRL ones and you end up with really static looking poses. I don't understand why Toynami had such an issue with adding a decent ball joint the the hips so you could acutaly pose them however you wanted....