any news on Berserk season 2?

no idea. I had heard rumors that a second season wouldn't be done until the manga is over...that could be awhile. Also heard another rumor that anymore Berserk would be in the form of OVAs instead of a TV series. Media Blasters wanted to fund a second season. But these are all rumors nothing more.

Edited by dejr8bud

But from what I've seen, isn't there more than enough of the manga to base a second season on? I don't know what volume it's up to in Japan, but I know there's ton of it.

There's enough material (the manga is on volume 28) but its the content. All the stuff that happens after the TV series is alot more violent. The TV series violence/sexual situations were toned down compared to the manga. Kind of glad about that. Didn't really wanna see Guts raped when he was boy animated... :blink:

But from what I've seen, isn't there more than enough of the manga to base a second season on? I don't know what volume it's up to in Japan, but I know there's ton of it.

Unfortunately, the story hasn't progressed enough in spite of the number of volumes. Also, it's very serialized, so there isn't a nice, complete story arc like they were able to use for the TV series. I seem to recall that the author was also fairly adamant about not doing more anime until the manga was finished.

Didn't really wanna see Guts raped when he was boy animated... :blink:

Yikes! I was considering reading the manga, but now I'm not sure if I want to. :unsure:

Sorry for the spoiler

It only a few pages in volume 3 and 4, IIRC. Guts gets his revenge of course. Berserk is one of the best manga series I've ever read. The story, characters, violence are top notch(well most of the time).

Didn't really wanna see Guts raped when he was boy animated... :blink:

Yikes! I was considering reading the manga, but now I'm not sure if I want to. :unsure:

Wimp! :lol::p

Yeah, the TV series was very tame. I'm just gonna "Ditto" everything dejr8bud said.

The manga rocks. Pulls no punches. Great reading. Glad it's coming out here already. Can't wait for #7.

The manga rocks. Pulls no punches. Great reading. Glad it's coming out here already. Can't wait for #7.

Love the job that's being done with it (I'm so glad DH didn't use Studio Proteus), but the one volume every three months thing really blows.

The manga rocks.  Pulls no punches.  Great reading.  Glad it's coming out here already.  Can't wait for #7.

Love the job that's being done with it (I'm so glad DH didn't use Studio Proteus), but the one volume every three months thing really blows.

Whats wrong with Studio Proteus?

Because we would have gotten it flipped and in comic book format. Of course a moot point now since DH bought Proteus a couple months ago.

The manga rocks.  Pulls no punches.  Great reading.  Glad it's coming out here already.  Can't wait for #7.

Whats wrong with Studio Proteus?

Because we would have gotten it flipped and in comic book format.

Not to sure about the other titles Proteus did, but I'm pretty sure that on Ghost in the Shell, Shirow wanted them flipped. I recall reading about that in the back of one of the MMI issues.

As for the comic book format... I'm not a fan of that either, I missed issue 1 of MMI due to a lack of comic retailers around me and I much prefer having graphic novels... (easier to store for me)

Not to sure about the other titles Proteus did, but I'm pretty sure that on Ghost in the Shell, Shirow wanted them flipped. I recall reading about that in the back of one of the MMI issues.

As for the comic book format... I'm not a fan of that either, I missed issue 1 of MMI due to a lack of comic retailers around me and I much prefer having graphic novels... (easier to store for me)

IIRC, Shiro completely re-did the art for the flipped version on the second series, but that's a unique situation. Most manga artists hate having their artwork messed with, but getting it all re-drawn for a US release on every title is impractical.

I am a member of the Skullknight.net and Hawks.org message boards and while there have been lots of rumors incessantly about a season two Berserk Anime it is just rumor right now, with no hard plans in place. Miura is pretty protective of the Berserk saga, he has been working on it for a long time, and I can't blame him, so you can bet when the announcement is made on any further animated Berserk there will be quite a bit of media coverage in the anime community.

Berserk is an adult themed manga, the story, the violence, the theme of the books, it just isn't aimed at kids, so I wouldn't be intimidated by it, and I really don't think that the sexual content is handled gratuitously, or for purposes of titilation, the elements in the manga are all story important. It is my favoraite manga of all time, bar none and I don't hesitate to recommend it to people, but you should know going in that it isn't a happy-go-lucky story.

Dark Horse is doing a decent job with Berserk. I think I'll be 40 by the time they catch up with the Japanese. I wish they'd at least get Berserk out every two months. Were getting 4 releases a year, while they get 2. But Berserk is also serialized in the magazine, Young Animal. Isn't that out every couple of weeks?

Volume 7 from DH should be out this week or next.

EDIT I was wrong. I could of sworn it was due out soon. Now its May 4th.

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-486

Edited by dejr8bud

Dark Horse is doing a decent job with Berserk. I think I'll be 40 by the time they catch up with the Japanese. I wish they'd at least get Berserk out every two months. Were getting 4 releases a year, while they get 2. But Berserk is also serialized in the magazine, Young Animal. Isn't that out every couple of weeks?

Nah, Berserk Japanese releases are also coming along pretty slow... about one every other season is seems for the past few volumes. Guess he's running out of ways to kill off hordes of monters, lol

Speaking of which, anybody tried out the Berserk PS2 game yet? Wondering if it's worth the import... or I could just get it and let you guys know how it is <_<

Dark Horse is doing a decent job with Berserk. I think I'll be 40 by the time they catch up with the Japanese. I wish they'd at least get Berserk out every two months. Were getting 4 releases a year, while they get 2.  But Berserk is also serialized in the magazine, Young Animal. Isn't that out every couple of weeks?

Nah, Berserk Japanese releases are also coming along pretty slow... about one every other season is seems for the past few volumes. Guess he's running out of ways to kill off hordes of monters, lol

Speaking of which, anybody tried out the Berserk PS2 game yet? Wondering if it's worth the import... or I could just get it and let you guys know how it is <_<

The Berserk PS2 game is good. Hack & slash gore fest. The boss battles are great. Blows away the Dreamcast game. The story takes place around volumes 23-27. The game is very import friendly. Almost all of the menus are in English.

The only downside is that Berserk (like most hack & slash games) can get a little tiresome. The constant killing can become boring lol.

I agree about the release schedule sucking royally. 3 month intervals is way too long. WAY too long. It'll take forever to catch up at this rate.

There's no way they can say they need this much time to do the Berserk volumes.

At least Kenshin is being released quickly.