Zentraedi flagship model?

Morpheus

I believe the original kit also came with a to scale SDF-1 cruiser, guys correct me if I am wrong as I never owned one of these!

But honestly it look s pretty neat, maybe a little short in length though.

Andy :)

Guest Bromgrev

I'm not sure if the SDF1 is in the same scale. I'd have to check, though, and as the model is going to stay in a packing crate for 2 years with about 100 others, that will have to wait ... :huh:

I have four different of these kits, the Battleship, a Carrier, a Cruiser and Kamjin´s ship. They are 1/20000 scale and all come with a small Macross in Fortress mode (with no bridge if I remember correctly).

The Flagship´s proportions are really questionable. From the side it looks OK but it has to be MUCH narrower towards both ends I think.

The other three have the same flaws but the Kamjin ship is slightly better and the carrier isn´t too far off because the design is meant to be squatty.

When I bought them many years ago I was really glad to have some more Zentraedi stuff to build but after a closer look at the parts I was kind of disappointed. Looks like the ARII guys did´t spend too long on these molds.

Still, the one in the photo does look better than I expected by just looking at the unbuilt kits.

That particular model was photographed by Vince Hoffman (for Starship Modeler.com I believe) at wonderfest last year. It was built straight out of the box so it is a little off. It was just put together and then painted and weathered to look as close as possible to what is seen on screen. It only managed an honorable mention from the Judges though. Or was it a Bronze? I can't remember.

Edited by Replicant Mechanic

Ironically enough, I just found these up for sale on eBay. All 4 for 55ish USD. I'd get them, but with the Polar Lights Enterprise refit coming out this month (hopefully.. <_< ) funds will not allow for that :lol:

The size of these kits might be a bit small, but after coughing up 45USD (shipping hurt bad) for Bandai's EX Argama, I really don't mind it :lol: