Can't decide between Max or Hikaru VF-1A

Laserstorm

I'm thinking of getting one 1/60 yamato valk for a little fiddle now and then, I don't wanna mess my brand new strike VF-1S. So I was wondering which one should I get, Hikaru VF-1A or Max VF-1A? Which one is better? I'm leaning a little towards Max because Hikaru was made first , so I want to know if Max has improvements over Hikaru or not?

The Hikaru I reckon. It can take FAST Packs if you want to transfer them on to him later, the Max cannot do this. Plus, the blue on Max is absolutely shocking. It's like a baby blue. Ugh.

Just get whichever you can afford. I recommend the Roy Strike Valk personally but he is getting pricer it seems.  :o

Hehe, allready got one. I just want to get one of the 1A's for playing around as this guy is kinda to valuable to me for playing around.

And I got the Strike for $60, that's $90 with shipping. It ain't cheap as if went and gotten it from Neova for $48 (the shipping would have been the same - $30).

I think I got a good deal.

Edited by Laserstorm

the hikaru 1/60 1A is really a very bright white. the max 1/60 1A is a more pleasing shade of off-white and grey, much like the current 1S you own. if you want something different, though, go for the hikaru.

I thought 1/60 Hikaru VF-1A wasn't fast pack ready.

You are correct, sir. The only DYRL 1/60 that will accept FAST Packs is the 1S Strike you've got. I'm not counting the VE and VT because they can't take the Strike Cannons and Mini-Missile Launchers from the other valks.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Nani?! Posted on Mar 26 2005, 08:34 PM

My vote's for max.

Overall, like shiyao said, it looks right.

And the blue aint bad... it's just max's blue... just as bright like the series.

LASERSTORM, I think you should go for the MAX 1A, too. I've gotten one from Digital toys.com awhile back and I happen to think the blue trimmings are accurate when compared to the any of the screen shots on DYRL?. :)

Edited by connor99

I have a Max 1A, and I love it. It does have some improvements over the Hikaru 1A (hips are slightly different, stickers are different, etc...), and it is a different overall colour from the Hikaru 1A.

Personally, since Max kicks so much butt in DYRL?, go with Max.

But then again, Hikaru did save the Macross' bridge, and Minmay...

I say go for the max 1A and stick with the Hikaru 1S. Either way if you go with the hikaru 1A, then you have to buy the fast packs with it as it's only shown with fastpacks in the movie, except when he was saving minmay, but it was in gerwalk mode anyway. :p:D:lol:

First of all, Die,Alien Scum please dispense with the formalities, OK? I'm 25, I

don't know how old are you but if you're older than 15 I'm not old enough to be

called sir, if it isn't proper for you to call me Laserstorm, call me Mickey or

Michael (that's the equialent of my real name - Mihajlo - which will probably be

hard for you to pronounce correctly).,

to CdnShockwave: I see no difference between heads, not counting the arrows

on the foreheads.

to Godzilla: I like both of them. I just wanted to know which one is a better buy.

to Bobe-Patt: If I was to think that way, then I should either buy also fast packs

for VF-1A Max or a recast VF-1S head and put it on him, since Max

did fly on super VF-1A and a regular VF-1S with his colors in DYRL.

to Haterist: you're probably right, but I can't buy both of them at the same time,

so as I said I wanted a better buy, now. ;)

Oh, and I will get Max. I really like that dirty white color on VF-1S which Max

also has, and after watching DYRL again, his duel with Miria is still pop(POP POP

POP)ping in my head.

PS. I just saw Shiyao that you're selling 1/60's. Are you selling them separately

and how much are you asking for VF-1A Max? PM'd ya just in case.

You are correct, sir. The only DYRL 1/60 that will accept FAST Packs is the 1S Strike you've got. I'm not counting the VE and VT because they can't take the Strike Cannons and Mini-Missile Launchers from the other valks.

I thought that the only ones that could not take FAST Packs without modifications were the VF-1A CF and the VF-1A Max?

I thought that the only ones that could not take FAST Packs without modifications were the VF-1A CF and the VF-1A Max?

Hmm i just tried putting the packs on 1A Hik and nothing, unless later releases changed that? Cuz they were going to come out with 1/60 fast packs up until a while back right?

The only 1/60 that can put on the fast packs are the Strike VF-1S, Super VF-1J and the VF-1D (not counting VE-1 and VT-1). All the others excluding the VF-1A CF do not have all the points needed to attached the fast packs. The CF does have the Leg and Arm modifications to allow the fast packs, however, it doesn't have the holes in the backpack to accept the boosters. Also, you may find the holes in the CF for legs to be a bit small to put on the fast packs. But if I recall properly there was a member here who had a CF which was able to mount all the Fast packs on.

The only 1/60 that can put on the fast packs are the Strike VF-1S, Super VF-1J and the VF-1D (not counting VE-1 and VT-1). All the others excluding the VF-1A CF do not have all the points needed to attached the fast packs. The CF does have the Leg and Arm modifications to allow the fast packs, however, it doesn't have the holes in the backpack to accept the boosters. Also, you may find the holes in the CF for legs to be a bit small to put on the fast packs. But if I recall properly there was a member here who had a CF which was able to mount all the Fast packs on.

Well you can easily make a super VF-1A Hikaru, if you have spare backpack from Strike VF-1S, or a recast backpack, all you have to do is replace the tailfins and paint the radome red and voila.

Well you can easily make a super VF-1A Hikaru, if you have spare backpack from Strike VF-1S, or a recast backpack, all you have to do is replace the tailfins and paint the radome red and voila.

Still not quite that simple. The VF-1A Hikaru does not have the points to attached the Leg Armor. No holes, so you will have to drill some in. Also I believe the arms is different and you won't be able to attached the Arm Armor. The only non fast pack 1/60 that is fully fast pack compatible is the VF-1D and the VF-1A CF is partially fast pack compatible.

Still not quite that simple. The VF-1A Hikaru does not have the points to attached the Leg Armor. No holes, so you will have to drill some in. Also I believe the arms is different and you won't be able to attached the Arm Armor. The only non fast pack 1/60 that is fully fast pack compatible is the VF-1D and the VF-1A CF is partially fast pack compatible.

Yeah, you're right. I checked some pics, Hikaru has absolutely no fastpack connection ports. Damn.