PG Strike...

I am building a PG Strike Gundam, nice kit, easier and better designed than previous PGs IMO, and I just LOVE the may they made the hands of this PG... also no screws means less time.

Best of all is they took the time to show wich trees parts you will need on each step of the assembly, this makes the work faster and easier... also less annoying.

Nice, really NICE kit.

Well, I am wondering if my model looks like it spent too much time in the oven... I mean if the shades are too dark or if it is ok.

The weathering in the chest is hardly noticeable (blue parts), the problem is the white areas... I need your oppinion guys, does it looks fine or should I put more white??? :unsure:

i think it looks fantastic, the weathering looks very good it does not look to dark but for just right, are you going to put the stickers on it? i decaled mine up and it looks perfect. just make sure you trim the excess off the decals

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

sorry i meant stickers not decals, actually if you trim off the excess, and maybe clear coat it, it will look very good. i trimmed the stickers on mine to get rid of the excess clear corners and edges and placed them very carefully and it looks stunning (I did not even clear coat it ) if you paint the MGs or PGs the stickers seem to work and come in better, some of the ones on my strike have blended right in with the paint and you cannot see the edges of the stickers, they look like decals or dry transfers. i did not place the white decals on the body i had a problem with those but the rest looked great if done properly.

I'd prefer a darker shade, but it probably already is quite dark if I compensate for your camera's flash which seems to be flooding the model. I'd say you can't go wrong with whichever you choose. This model rocks. I'm cnosidering getting it. ;)

:o

I think the everything is perfect, its nice and subtle.

Continune the amazing work!

i had to shut the flash off for the rest of these pics because it would not show the detail, i trimmed the edges off of the stickers and it looks real nice, they come out much better when placed on a painted area.

Guest Bromgrev

You can't really go wrong with the blues on a Gundam, I think your shade looks good. I definitely wouldn't go overboard on the weathering - I speak from experience! :( Anyway, Gundam's aren't WWII tanks, they shouldn't look too faded.

I've successfully used stickers with a spray of clear matt varnish over the top. Try it on a spare piece first, though, some types of varnish can totally destroy those stickers! :o

Thanks for the comments guys, I feel a bit more confident now.

Wolfx is right, the Camera flash makes the shades a bit lighter, but still there is not a big difference.

Thanks a lot for the pics of your stickerd Strike Zeo-mare, I am definetelly apply the stickers on mine.

Well, I will post some pics of the finished thingie as soon as I can.

Thanks again!

You gotta love how he very subtley leaves clues about his life in those pictures. The baby picture (so ya now he's a family man), the mug shots of himself (probably needs a new passport to escape China), his cell phone (fo pimpin' all his hoes), his lighter (so we know he's a smoker), & some drug tablets (hope he doesn't do his own drugs).

Oh yeah, model is lookin' good too!

:p:D:lol::rolleyes:

Looks good like that with the weathered white. OK before I go and pick one of these up and start on my 3rd PG I'd like to ask you think you can attack the 1/60 Strike Weapon Packs to this? I mean so I can screw around with it.

looks good to me...and so does the stickered up one ZeoMare's got. damn, have your modeling skills improved a great deal or what dood??

thanks, i wish i could get this camera to work better, i have had it for some time but am still getting the hang of it. you really should see it in person

chris