Gakken TREAD on EBAY !

screw this expensive, damaged and small piece of plastic.

Wait until this fall and you can have a 1/55 scale Beta/Thread MPC for about $200.00 from the not so fine folks at Toynami. We know that the box will at least be cool. :p . Seriously, if they keep up the quality of the Alpha MPC's, then the Beta might be worth the hefty price tag.

Hell, it will even connect to the Alpha/Legioss!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

........hmmmm, I wonder how many Alha/Beta (Legioss/thread) "connecting" jokes there are out there. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Legioss that goes with it was packaged with the Tread. It's supposed to be all one toy.

He's right. All the Lansay tread toys were packaged with the small 1/72 legioss toys that they connected with. All the Lansay tread toys were apparently available only in blue, although our resident Mospeada toy expert Carl says that some of the legioss toys packaged with them in the double box included the blue, red, and green ones.

Wait until this fall and you can have a 1/55 scale Beta/Thread MPC for about $200.00 from the not so fine folks at Toynami.  We know that the box will at least be cool. :p .  Seriously, if they keep up the quality of the Alpha MPC's, then the Beta might be worth the hefty price tag...

And where, pray tell, do you come by this ETA for the, AFAIK un-annouced, MPC Beta? :huh: Inquiring minds want to know. It's not that I don't believe you, but on the matter of the Beta ever actually seeing the light of day I'm extremely skeptical...especially since, IIRC, a prototype has yet to be shown.

hEAR!, hEAR!!, Senator Kin. Thank you for correcting the spin on the Council. :rolleyes:

:D:lol:

Have you ever touched your paper Legioss again? I've only have time/resources to muddle around w/R/C planes and have been watching everyone else experiment w/mech modelling.

And where, pray tell, do you come by this ETA for the, AFAIK un-annouced, MPC Beta? :huh: Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, add me to the list of inquiring minds. I've heard several stories myself but at this point nobody has given me any reason to believe they are any more then just stories. Don't get me wrong... I hope you are right. I'd just like to see some proof.

Carl

He's right. All the Lansay tread toys were packaged with the small 1/72 legioss toys that they connected with. All the Lansay tread toys were apparently available only in blue, although our resident Mospeada toy expert Carl says that some of the legioss toys packaged with them in the double box included the blue, red, and green ones.

That info came to me from Yvan. He wrote the article that is translated into English here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mospeada/lansa...y_tread_toy.htm

He contacted me when I first posted pictures of my Tread. Just wanting to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks,

Carl

He's right.  All the Lansay tread toys were packaged with the small 1/72 legioss toys that they connected with.  All the Lansay tread toys were apparently available only in blue, although our resident Mospeada toy expert Carl says that some of the legioss toys packaged with them in the double box included the blue, red, and green ones.

That info came to me from Yvan. He wrote the article that is translated into English here:

He contacted me when I first posted pictures of my Tread. Just wanting to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks,

Carl

That is what I get for not doing a simple search. Thanks for the correction Carl. :)

And MGREXX, count me in as curious about your source. I'd like to know if it is a guess, info from Toynami or RT officials, or just from the voices in your head. :p j/k Seriously, I'd love to see a tread/beta from Toynami but I am not holding my breath. I'd think if they were really serious about producing one, we would have seen a prototype or mockup long ago. After all, I am admittedly no toy design expert, but it doesn't seem as if it would easy to design a beta to link up with the alphas without some forethought put into the alpha design from the beginning. And I've yet to see anything on the production alphas that look as if it could be connection points to a beta. :(

He's right.  All the Lansay tread toys were packaged with the small 1/72 legioss toys that they connected with.  All the Lansay tread toys were apparently available only in blue, although our resident Mospeada toy expert Carl says that some of the legioss toys packaged with them in the double box included the blue, red, and green ones.

Thanks,

Carl

That is what I get for not doing a simple search. Thanks for the correction Carl. :)

And MGREXX, count me in as curious about your source. I'd like to know if it is a guess, info from Toynami or RT officials, or just from the voices in your head. :p j/k Seriously, I'd love to see a tread/beta from Toynami but I am not holding my breath. I'd think if they were really serious about producing one, we would have seen a prototype or mockup long ago. After all, I am admittedly no toy design expert, but it doesn't seem as if it would easy to design a beta to link up with the alphas without some forethought put into the alpha design from the beginning. And I've yet to see anything on the production alphas that look as if it could be connection points to a beta. :(

There is still hope for the 1/55 Beta. Or at least I still have it. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Carl

There is still hope for the 1/55 Beta. Or at least I still have it. :rolleyes:

Believe me Godzilla, despite my cynicism there isn't a toy I'd love to see more than a tread/beta. I do still have a fervent hope that Toynami will produce one, but I would not be suprised if they don't. Some may have more faith in Toynami that I do but I'll let the following quote from David T. Wolf speak for me:

Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows

;)