1/72 VF-4

Damian

i was just looking at this kit about 2 hours ago, the Macross II VF-2SS is really nice as well, to bad it is also out of stock. <_<

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Aw man. I found a VF-4 at Monsters in Motion a month ago for 50 buck or so and ordered it on the spot. Thought I found a great deal. It came in the mail a few days ago and was shocked to find an obvious recast.

Barely any detail, no panel lines, horribly useless vac- formed canopy.

I cant do anything with it. Money down the drain.

How is this one? Looks so much better in the photos

I am pretty sure this is a recast as well but IMO it looks pretty nice

I have attached a pic here and in the next reply.

This is just a close up of a couple of parts but the detail is consitiant throughout

post-3-1109809639_thumb.jpg

Talk to Valkyrie. If not, I have an extra one I might sell ya for $70 shipped.

Thanx for the offer but I have to put it on the back burner for a little bit because of last nites spending splurge! I got the VF-0B, VF-0D, SV-51 Ivanov and a 1/48 F/A-18C...all Hasegawa goodness...so I've busted my monthly budget :D

Cheers

Damian

The vf-4 gunpod is canon or is designed by club M? It's nice.

Something tells me its designed by Club-M. The gunpod wasnt in the Design Works. It could have possibly been designed later for Macross M3 tho. :unsure:

Heres a closer picture...

Edited by AlphaHX

Talk to Valkyrie. If not, I have an extra one I might sell ya for $70 shipped.

Thanx for the offer but I have to put it on the back burner for a little bit because of last nites spending splurge! I got the VF-0B, VF-0D, SV-51 Ivanov and a 1/48 F/A-18C...all Hasegawa goodness...so I've busted my monthly budget :D

Cheers

Damian

No problem. Let me know if any of you out there want this one (I'd rather it go to a Macrossworld fan). My "To build" pile is too high and I already did one VF-4, so I might sell the other one.

Most of the recasts VF-4 kits is the Club-M version, which has one of the best scuplt and detail, not to mention it allows you do build it in gerwalk mode!

The Musasiya is rare and less detailed and recasts are almost impossible to find!

The last, the Hobby Base Retppu kit is out of vinyl and cannot be recasted, so only original ones are available!

The last, the Hobby Base Retppu kit is out of vinyl and cannot be recasted, so only original ones are available!

I've always wondered if there was a way to recast a vinyl kit into resin or something. That would be pretty cool... B))

MIM did a recast of the Hobby Base...or thats what we figured out it was. I've also got some other recasts from Vinyl originals. Is there something special that needs to be done to recast Vinyl?

Ive got the Club M, the Musasiya (Recast) the Hobby Base, and Valkyries. Happy to show pictures if you would like. They will all be going into the models section at some point.

There might be a way to get the Hobby Base vinyl kit VF-4 recasted into resin but recasting it into vinyl again is out of the question! They would have to dip the original vinyl kit in bronze to get a cast and this will result in the original being damaged ;)

Also apparently recasting to often with the original mould is not that good of an idea to as with each recast the original will deteriorate a little, at least that is what I have heard!

Andy :)

I truthfully can say I have never seen an original Club-M VF-4 sold yet. So I wouldnt know how much those go for.

I got my Club-M recast from Hobby Fan and even tho its not the original, its a pretty good recast imo. Also I cant complain about the price. Its $60 plus shipping.

The Club M (IMO ) is definitly the best. The Musasiya I would rank 2nd, and the HB a close 3rd. I like the lines of the HB kit...and i might rate it 2nd if it were resin...but the vinyl is so soft I just know it will be a PITA to build. A resin copy would be the way to go, but I would stay away from MIM's version...I have heard nothing but bad things about them lately. All about profit, not quality.