Hasbro Revamps G.I.JOE Again.

Roy Focker

Just like JsARCLIGHT, I grew up in the 70s, so the 12" figures (known as 'Action Man' in the UK), will always have a soft place in my heart. Never got into the 3 3/4" figures in the 80s.

These new toys look awful. I think if I was still a kid I would have enough taste not to want them. And heck, they all look like they should be carrying a skate board or boom box :lol: .

Graham

This looks like a time to whip out my childhood raping thread from not too long ago. :D

As for Destro, in the Larry Hama GI Joe comics of 1982-94, Destro was shown multiple times without his mask and he was quite white; when he was a teenager during the Vietnam War he was blond, but when his appearance was finally revealed I think in 1990, he was a brunette. In the current GI Joe series, which is pretty much a direct sequel to the Marvel Comics stories by Larry, Destro had fathered a son with a black woman.

Correction:

For those who think that the african american figure with the machinge gun and breathe right nose strip is Road Block you are mistaken.

That figure is Heavy Duty (or Doody). A minor character from 1991 which Hasbro in recent years has been trying to push.