DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TV/DYRL FP'S

DARTHTODD

The obvious difference is the bluish color for the DYRL FPs and a greyish color for the TV FPs. The DYRL arm FP has a "U" shape at the front where it houses those missle looking things. The TV arm FP has a straight line at an angle. And I think the forward edge of the leg FPs are also different.

Well the arm units are completely redesinged, they only retain thier basic shape in DYRL. THe leg packs in the TV series had two verticaly oriented thruster bells and one long horizontally oriented slot, the DYRL version has slightly larger thruster bells and has replaced the slot nozel with three engine bells. The backpack units are almost identical except for some minor panel variations, and larger thruster bells like the leg units (the main engine bells apear the same though).

Actually, concerning the micro missles, are the ones in the FAST Pack (in the booster unit and the arm units) and the UMM micro missle pods meant to house micro missles on the 1/48 Yammies? Or are there different subclasses of micro missles?

Actually, concerning the micro missles, are the ones in the FAST Pack (in the booster unit and the arm units) and the UMM micro missle pods meant to house micro missles on the 1/48 Yammies? Or are there different subclasses of micro missles?

The UMM-7 micro-missile pods, NP-AR-01 arm FAST Packs and HMMP-02 back FAST Pack micro-missile launchers all hold different types (different size & shape) of Micro-missiles.

The UMM-7 pods each hold fifteen Bifors HMM-01 micro-missiles. No info is listed for the name & model of the micro-missiles in the arm and back FAST packs.

Graham

The UMM-7 micro-missile pods, NP-AR-01 arm FAST Packs and HMMP-02 back FAST Pack micro-missile launchers all hold different types (different size & shape) of Micro-missiles.

HMMP-02? Is that the missile pods for the FAST-pack boosters? I always thought those were NP-BP-01... what's the HMMP-02?

Ok, I'll answer myself since I took the time now to browse the Compendium. :) Though lacking infamous Design Works and Gold Book (and the ability to read Japanese!) leaves me with more questions than answers with apparently contradictions between material.

HMMP-02 IS apparently the FAST-pack missile pod. Whereas the Yamato stickers for 1/48 call it NP-BP-01. And the Compendium lists the strike cannon as "Mauler R0-X2A" (and the stickers have it has NP-BP-02). Maybe NP-BP-01 is the missile pods nomenclature while HMMP-02 applies to the micro-missiles? That would fit better with the UMM-7 micro-missiles being "HMM-01"... But would leave me completely stumped at R0-X2A.

I dont think this is hyjacking, but on the fastpacks in later Macross sequils, why in the hell do they have speakers, sorry to opionionate, but i think that is retarded (mentally challenged) sorry to the plus and seven fans, I do like some of the mecha designs though (nightmare and firevalk), just dont like the speaker concept. BTW with the missle differences in the DYRL and TV, will we see this, and also I havent recieved the 1/48 FP yet, are the arm units as detailed (missles) as the boosters??

Maybe NP-BP refers to the backpacks as a whole (including boosters) and the 01/02 refers to what weapon is attached to them. HMMP-02/Mauler would then just refer to the weapon portion.

In answer to post right before this one, I can't get the arm missiles out of the armor, and I haven't seen any pictures of them taken out, so I'd say the answer is "no".

Edited by ewilen

I dont think this is hyjacking, but on the fastpacks in later Macross sequils, why in the hell do they have speakers, sorry to opionionate, but i think that is retarded (mentally challenged) sorry to the plus and seven fans, I do like some of the mecha designs though (nightmare and firevalk), just dont like the speaker concept. BTW with the missle differences in the DYRL and TV, will we see this, and also I havent recieved the 1/48 FP yet, are the arm units as detailed (missles) as the boosters??

No offense taken, I thought the same thing untill I saw Macross 7. You would have to see Macross 7 to see why they needed them. Do not want to spoil yet for those who have not seen it.

No offense taken, I thought the same thing untill I saw Macross 7. You would have to see Macross 7 to see why they needed them. Do not want to spoil yet for those who have not seen it.

Exactly. I prefer the more seriously oriented Macross like Plus but I thoroughly enjoyed 7, too. They are not corny singing valks for the simple sake of being corny singing valks. There is a rationale behind it that conforms to the specific characters involved with the needs of creating and maintaining (and indeed intent to expand into a more "normal" military-type unit ala Jamming Birds). It's internally consistent with the story.

That said, I believe it was a middle finger to the too serious minded of Macross fans, too. :D That dorky stuff has been with us since the beginning (notably in the form of the Zentran spies and the Petite cola vending machine, etc), just not as pronounced. ;)