VF-1N

DevilDawg

Interesting idea. I wonder where the pontoons go in Battroid mode :p .

Too bad it's also irrelevant since DYRL already showed us that Valkyries float. So, in "reality" all you would have to do is go to GERWALK, and drop down into the water VSTOL style. Then launch the same way and switch back to fighter mode.

The painting scheme is that of a WWII "rufe" (rufe = zero with floats)... Sooo funny! I like the idea!

Jet seaplanes are a very much possible provided the intakes are position in such a way to prevent sea water ingestion. The US Navy had tested the Convair Sea Dart and P-6M Seamaster but never accepted them or the concept.

Seaplanes have the benefit of not needing an aircraft carrier and save alot of money too.

post-3-1106957998_thumb.jpg

Except their seaworthy qualities take away from their aerodynamic ones. That and plentifull landbases around the world led the demise of flying boats.

Martin's Seamaster:

p6m-2.jpg

p6m-3.jpg

Edited by Aurora-7

Seaplanes have the benefit of not needing an aircraft carrier and save alot of money too.

Yup seaplanes don't have the need of a aircraft carrier.

However they save no money and are of limited usage. Because they need land support bases that cost in the millions to establish

They are only good for tropical island hopping and very isolated areas with lakes nearby.

Cool model though!

neat concept. I recall in some discovery show about coldwar planes the Russians developed (partially the reason for thier economical downfall) but it was a large plane. Huge cargo plane. that flys jsut barely above the water in constant groundeffect. When you fly a plane, there is a sort fo cushion of air that is created (I forgot why) but it is something that occurs all the time. It can extend your runway usage distance. Anyway the russians designed this plane to stay there. Think of it as a natural hydrofoil. The plane rides this cushion of air and takes much less energy to stay aloft and conserves fuel.