1/72 Lockheed ATM-01 Rapier Missle

Ranger565

Hey everyone,

Here is the 1/72 scale Lockheed ATM-01 Rapier Missle that I have been working on.

This was first discussed in the topic found here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=12711

And now it has become somewhat a Reality. I worked on this for about 5 hours and was able to sculp a first draft to the Rapier found on both Spartin and Tamahawk destroids.

The Spartin Rapier

Rapier1.JPG

spartin%20Rapier1.JPG

The Tomahawk Rapier

rapierimage2.JPG

tomahawk%20rapier1.JPG

Close up of the finished Missle

Rapiermade1.JPG

Well If things go right I will work on the 1/100 scale tomorrow. Jessee said that he could Cast this in Resin. I dont see how hard it could be. If this tends to work out. I will start to create other Class of missles.

I will also create Missle mounts for the Spartin. IF you want to use them on a 1/72 scale Tomhawk you can just drill holes. I will show pictures of the mounts and a few Tips to modifing the kits when I have the racks complete for the Spartin shoulders.

NOTE: the Spoiler fins,on the back of the missle, are not needed you wont see them at all.

Well let me know what you think.

Ranger565

Edited by Ranger565

Well...if I cast only one Ill have to make at least 6 or twelve copies...and then make molds of them. (looks like 20 to 24 missiles a kit minimum ) My other option would be to make 6 or twleve single missile molds....casting the casts would be easier...but generational shrinkage would mean the final molds are 2 generations smaller then the original...not a lot...but something. If you can create at least 6 total then 1 mold creates 1 quarter of the missiles needed. If I make 2 molds I can do a kits worth a day. If you can make 12 originals...all the quicker...a lot just depends on how easy they are to manufacter

OK well I will be working on them as best as I can. Once I get a few things in order I can mass produce them for you jessee. Just an FYI both Spartin and Tomahawk hold 24 Missles each. 12 each side. I will try my best to make you 12 missles as soon as I can. I do work alot. So Its hard sometimes other then on my day off.

OK well I will be working on them as best as I can. Once I get a few things in order I can mass produce them for you jessee. Just an FYI both Spartin and Tomahawk hold 24 Missles each. 12 each side. I will try my best to make you 12 missles as soon as I can. I do work alot. So Its hard sometimes other then on my day off.

I have the very same problem! Take your time...we will all live without them for a while longer.

Hey everyone,

Here is the 1/72 scale Lockheed ATM-01 Rapier Missle that I have been working on.

This was first discussed in the topic found here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=12711

And now it has become somewhat a Reality. I worked on this for about 5 hours and was able to sculp a first draft to the Rapier found on both Spartin and Tamahawk destroids.

The Spartin Rapier

Rapier1.JPG

spartin%20Rapier1.JPG

The Tomahawk Rapier

rapierimage2.JPG

tomahawk%20rapier1.JPG

Close up of the finished Missle

Rapiermade1.JPG

Well If things go right I will work on the 1/100 scale tomorrow. Jessee said that he could Cast this in Resin. I dont see how hard it could be. If this tends to work out. I will start to create other Class of missles.

I will also create Missle mounts for the Spartin. IF you want to use them on a 1/72 scale Tomhawk you can just drill holes. I will show pictures of the mounts and a few Tips to modifing the kits when I have the racks complete for the Spartin shoulders.

NOTE: the Spoiler fins,on the back of the missle, are not needed you wont see them at all.

Well let me know what you think.

Ranger565

Alas, Robotech BS has tainted the mind of a fellow Macross fan again....

The Tomahawk and the Spartan have use the Bifors 12-round close-in self-guided rocket launchers in weapon bays.

No Lockheed. No ATM-01. No Rapier. No missile. No missile launcher.

The model designation of the rockets has not been specified, but the type and maker have.

Alas, Robotech BS has tainted the mind of a fellow Macross fan again....

The Tomahawk and the Spartan have use the Bifors 12-round close-in self-guided rocket launchers in weapon bays.

No Lockheed. No ATM-01. No Rapier. No missile. No missile launcher.

The model designation of the rockets has not been specified, but the type and maker have.

*swoops in and defend the poor helpless victom from the less evil nash*

ummm isnt a missile a self-guided and/or guided rocket anyways? :p

also rocket is only a rocket if its just dumbfire? :p

That's actually a superstition among tabletop gamers....they are ROCKET launchers, because they aren't MISSile launchers.

Rockets are dumbfire. Missiles are not. Bifors is not a company. Bofors is.

Oh, and one other thing. Count the number of missiles in those bays. Not 12, is it? On the models, I mean.

Oh, and Rockets are not generally referred to in rounds, they are in # of tubes in a launcher.

Oh, another thing. Since they are both the same thing, and look the same, and don't have a HUGE FRICKIN' sticker on them saying "Lockheed ATM-01 Rapier" how could we possibly differntiate them? So let me ask you this.

Who CARES?!

Edited by VF19

That's actually a superstition among tabletop gamers....they are ROCKET launchers, because they aren't MISSile launchers.

Oh, and one other thing. Count the number of missiles in those bays. Not 12, is it? On the models, I mean.

Oh, and Rockets are not generally referred to in rounds, they are in # of tubes in a launcher.

Oh, another thing. Since they are both the same thing, and look the same, and don't have a HUGE FRICKIN' sticker on them saying "Lockheed ATM-01 Rapier" how could we possibly differntiate them? So let me ask you this.

Who CARES?!

The creators of Macross, Studio Nue have specified these things. The Japanese text says rocket not missile. In Macross, the company is called Bifors, unlike the real life Bofors. Truth about designs and respect for the creators is something to care about.

Who CARES?!

The creators of Macross, Studio Nue have specified these things. The Japanese text says rocket not missile. In Macross, the company is called Bifors, unlike the real life Bofors. Truth about designs and respect for the creators is something to care about.

I really hate to say this, but please we don't need you going around and correcting each and every error on the models forum, especially if you don't build them. For the purpose of the kit It doesn't really matter especially if it goes by the line art. I don't mean to be an ass, but its kinda annoying. We are happy enough to get these kits made in the first place, and just because you can pick out an error in its name (which has little to do with the cast) is not a modeling problem per say.If you want to make a thread about it nanashi, do it in the Movie and TV series thread please.

Ok well I found the Name of the rocket/missle on the web. Sorry Nanashi, but I went to your webpage first and your webpage is NOT up yet. I had to look on other sites to find pictures. So IF they called what you say they are called. that Info to me was not made. So who cares if they are a missle or a Pop Cap. Point is I was making these to Upgrade kits of people. I respect your work and Understand, But please forgive my Ignorance if I cannot Find info that you possess. Thank you for explaining. However These missles, Rockets, Plungers, Or whatever you want to call them, will still look like the pictures posted from actual Macross Books. Does not matter what they are called as long as people on this website want to Make there kits look like the show they can do so.

I believe ever good modeler must do research. I spent 3 months on my CF Before I made it. I enjoy making my Macross kits Look more real. Its because the more real they look the more Proud I am of showing a kit off.

Ranger565

Ps. I really respect your work Nenashi and I respect your Info. I wish I had it before I called them what I saw on a webpage. I cant read Japanese, so all I have to go on is a picture. Again thank you for the Correction. Could you also Please Give me the Name and Specification that you speek of? that way there will be no more confusion.

Edited by Ranger565

Ok well I found the Name of the rocket/missle on the web. Sorry Nanashi, but I went to your webpage first and your webpage is NOT up yet. I had to look on other sites to find pictures. So IF they called what you say they are called. that Info to me was not made. So who cares if they are a missle or a Pop Cap. Point is I was making these to Upgrade kits of people. I respect your work and Understand, But please forgive my Ignorance if I cannot Find info that you possess. Thank you for explaining. However These missles, Rockets, Plungers, Or whatever you want to call them, will still look like the pictures posted from actual Macross Books. Does not matter what they are called as long as people on this website want to Make there kits look like the show they can do so.

I believe ever good modeler must do research. I spent 3 months on my CF Before I made it. I enjoy making my Macross kits Look more real. Its because the more real they look the more Proud I am of showing a kit off.

Ranger565

Ps. I really respect your work Nenashi and I respect your Info. I wish I had it before I called them what I saw on a webpage. I cant read Japanese, so all I have to go on is a picture. Again thank you for the Correction. Could you also Please Give me the Name and Specification that you speek of? that way there will be no more confusion.

Studio Nue has not specified any more information other than what I have stated prior.

My website might not be ready at present, but there is always Egan Loo's Macross Compendium (It is official)

:

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_...br04/index.html

Who CARES?!

I really hate to say this, but please we don't need you going around and correcting each and every error on the models forum, especially if you don't build them. For the purpose of the kit It doesn't really matter especially if it goes by the line art. I don't mean to be an ass, but its kinda annoying. We are happy enough to get these kits made in the first place, and just because you can pick out an error in its name (which has little to do with the cast) is not a modeling problem per say.If you want to make a thread about it nanashi, do it in the Movie and TV series thread please.

To Noyhauser:

Excuse me sir, but I have right to post in any forum I wish to as long as its on-topic.

Also, I will correct misinformation as I see fit. If you get annoyed with me or my

posts. That is a personal problem and you can leave if you choose to.

People should be glad that there are people out there that want correct and accurate information. The same information can be seen in Macross Perfect Memory and on Macross Compendium.

There are such thing as guided rockets, even precision-guided rockets.

Anyways, these rockets are selfed guided-apparently with an electro-optical system See: http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/missile...ors_rocket.html

Who CARES?!

To Noyhauser:

Excuse me sir, but I have right to post in any forum I wish to as long as its on-topic.

Also, I will correct misinformation as I see fit. If you get annoyed with me or my

posts. That is a personal problem and you can leave if you choose to.

People should be glad that there are people out there that want correct and accurate information. The same information can be seen in Macross Perfect Memory and on Macross Compendium.

There are such thing as guided rockets, even precision-guided rockets.

Anyways, these rockets are selfed guided-apparently with an electro-optical system See: http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/missile...ors_rocket.html

Yes people should be happy that there are people out there that have the nessasary knownledge.

However unless they ask for the critism do not casually walk up and resolutely state that 'they' are wrong and that 'you' are right. The people you want to help will ignore you and any information you impart because you were a totally pompus arrogant ass about it too begin with! Offer the information don't state it! Regardless how 'correct' you feel you are.

Getting a person to really listen to you is an art everyone needs to learn.

Ranger565,

Man that's great stuff!! Maybe eventually the Macross fan built kits will get up to Gundam fan builds. B))

Ok well Lets not turn this thread into a battle, We have corrected the information, I was wrong because I found this Info on a web page. I had no idea what the name of Bifor was. But with a little time and a little luck I will have these made up and we can make our kits look a little more Real.

I do this because I enjoy this Community, I have learned alot from you guys over the past year and I feel that I can give something back, Even if its the shape of a small resin made Item.

Ranger556 :D

I agree with Rangers sentiment. Lets not get hostile towards Nanashi. He's a very bright member with lots of good information to share with us. I'll probably forget if it's a missile or rocket soon, but it's nice to know there is someone amongst us who has the answers. I'm sure he would also agree with Ranger's sentiment, that it would be nice to have the pieces to make these kits more accurate.

Cum-by-ya.

Also keep in mind that it's very difficult to impart tone and emotion in a text comment. 3 different people could read the message and come away with 3 different meanings. It's best to assume beneviolence when reading text and email.