ALIEN Quadrilogy box set details

bsu legato

Also:  And how the #%#@ did Cole get to the door after being shot and falling in the water??!!  :blink:  :angry:

Thats what I want to know!!! <_<

She is an android.... shooting her wouldn't do a thing. She probably didn't need air, the Aliens probably didn't want her.... she just went around and opened the door. She is an android after all... you know? Super strength... being able to open doors and all. ;)

Thanks. You know I'm slow at picking those things up. :)

What the heck's going on? I already HAVE the Alien box set, as of three years ago! What...are rereleasing a new box set again? What for?

Its a special special box set. It will come with 4 movies and tons of extras. It will include the newly released Alien:Directors Cut (you can see the new scene in your set under deleted scenes), Aliens DC, Alien 3 with tons of new footage, and same for Resurection. It is rumored the box set will come with close to 9 DVDs.... meaning we will get like 5 DVDs worth of extras. :wacko:

Its going to be the collectors edition of your already collectors edition box set.... more like the Directors cut collectors collector edition. :lol: B)

Make it double platinum signature series too.... just to justify paying for the same thing again. :lol:

Edited by Abombz!!

What the heck's going on? I already HAVE the Alien box set, as of three years ago! What...are rereleasing a new box set again? What for?

Its a special special box set. It will come with 4 movies and tons of extras. It will include the newly released Alien:Directors Cut (you can see the new scene in your set under deleted scenes), Aliens DC, Alien 3 with tons of new footage, and same for Resurection. It is rumored the box set will come with close to 9 DVDs.... meaning we will get like 5 DVDs worth of extras. :wacko:

Its going to be the collectors edition of your already collectors edition box set.... more like the Directors cut collectors collector edition. :lol: B)

Make it double platinum signature series too.... just to justify paying for the same thing again. :lol:

Thanks for the info. Price?

How can there be an Alien Quadrilogy box set when there have only ever been two (2), I repeat TWO Alien movies ever made?

Graham

heh. i agree with that. they should just go back and make 3 and Res a hibernation nightmare and bring Hicks and Newt back....

besides, Michael Beihn could use the work.

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

Does it bother anyone that the crazy cyborg in Alien (forgot his name) is actually...... Bilbo Baggins!!!! :lol:

Hey, Ian Holm is a great actor. Long before he was even a hobbit.

I'm not so sure I should buy this set. How do I know 5 years or so from now there won't be another "special collector's set"?

You spoke my mind! Fox loves repackaging their movies every couple of years... STAR WARS anyone? The first trilogy must hold the world record for the most versions of home videos ever released.

While I resent the idiocy that was killing off Hicks and Newt,

That is exactly whay I hated the film off the bat and could never possibly enjoy it and will always hate it. All that work in Aliens all for nothing. This film also seemed a bit too dependant on the use of explicit language.

I didn't read page two so sorry if this is rehash:

In Alien, Gigers original concept for the alien did not include a queen, the design was an alien that busts out of the chest, grows up, then turns other living things into eggs.

It's far more elegant and way less like "giant space ants"

Pick up a copy of Gigers Alien, its all in there.

can somebody explain to me what exactly happens in the beginning of alien 3? I know what happens to ripley and surviving cast from aliens, but I'm just wondering what happened? I guess an alien got on board and trashed the place and left one inside ripley? I'm just wondering how that could've happened when they were on a ship that was floating in space. Did the alien queen somehow get back on board? That just puzzles me on how that happened. :huh:

:p:D:lol:

I think the implication is that the Bishop android brought at least one facehugger onto the dropship while Ripley was busy with the Queen. Burke had told him earlier in the movie that they were to be placed in stasis for transport back to Earth. Plus at the end of Alien3, it is another Bishop model that comes to get Ripley, sort of indicating they were all Corporation lackeys.

On another note, did anyone else see that some Japanese company has made replica's of Ripley's Reeboks from Aliens. I saw pics on some wbepage show coverage.

I didn't read page two so sorry if this is rehash:

In Alien, Gigers original concept for the alien did not include a queen, the design was an alien that busts out of the chest, grows up, then turns other living things into eggs.

It's far more elegant and way less like "giant space ants"

Pick up a copy of Gigers Alien, its all in there.

Haven't read Alien, but I more or less got that impression from watching Alien. I think Gieger's original idea is better, but given the style of ALIENS, I think Cameron's idea works pretty well. Something about the few humans vs. huge hive idea that's cool.

That is exactly whay I hated the film off the bat and could never possibly enjoy it and will always hate it. All that work in Aliens all for nothing. This film also seemed a bit too dependant on the use of explicit language.

I felt exactly the same way!! I remember my friends wanted me to leave the theater because i couldn't stop complaining about that. :lol:

LOL! Even James Cameron mentioned this last summer, when talking about T3. He felt that, no matter what damage they did to the story in Terminator 3, it still wouldn't compare to the way all of his characters from Aliens were coldly offed in the first 5 minutes of Alien 3.

I'm an avid Aliens fan so I guess I'll have to look up this set when it comes out...

I did want to make a couple points that have been rattling around inside my noggin while reading this thread though...

I was not disheartened when Hicks and Newt got killed in Alien 3 as those sort of things happen in real life. How many soldiers who survived battle met their end on the trip home? Yes it is a kick in the teeth but so is that whole movie. Alien 3 was meant IMHO to be one big boot to the groin of the franchise. Think about it, Ripley has spent her whole life since the Nostromo fighting the Xenomorph... her life has been one giant nightmare. The end of Aliens was sort of an illusion that she got everything back (her sanity, her daughter, etc.) only for her to "wake up" and realize that it was all a dream amidst a nightmare. It makes literary sense, no matter how horrible it seemed to the viewers.

Alien: Ressurection was a train wreck. At least Alien 3 kept the same dark feel and texture of the original story... A:R was nothing more than a half-assed summer action movie "featuring" Alien critters. The movie was populated with B actors, bad SFX, very very poor production design and it changed gears so many times you'd think it was stuck in a ditch trying to work itself free.

If you watch the Alien movies back to back to back to... ugh... back... you get a better picture for how they all relate to each other. Alien was the first "act", it established the characters and set the pace for the franchise. Aliens was the "development" act in which the main character is put into the worst situation they can imagine (return to LV426 that is swarming with Xenomorphs). Alien 3 should have been the "final" act in which the main character confronts the issues and her nemesis and puts them to rest. Alien: Ressurection is the cartoon that follows the feature... while everyone walks out of the theater.

Alien: Ressurection was a train wreck. At least Alien 3 kept the same dark feel and texture of the original story... A:R was nothing more than a half-assed summer action movie "featuring" Alien critters. The movie was populated with B actors, bad SFX, very very poor production design and it changed gears so many times you'd think it was stuck in a ditch trying to work itself free.

I couldn't agree more!! Alien 3 won the Oscar for best special effects... and that was what? 5 years before Resurection? How could they screw up the aliens so bad in Resurection? They looked terrible!! :angry:

yeah, i wonder what alien3 would've been if they stuck to gibson's script and ridley directed it.i would like to find out full details about why it folded like it did with them.also when in the hell is the blade runner special editions dvd is coming out.it suppose to come out last year when the anniversary happened.besides gladiator ridley's movies started to kind of well suck.especially black hawk down.it was just a feature length nfl 9-11 propaganda short.it was shallow as crap.the characters were fomulated typical war movie characters.and as for resurection i think it was underrated.at least it did something original with the concept.jean jenet is da film god of gods.