VF-0S battroid

striderhiryu

hi, i`m starting a custom battroid and need some hints or advice on this subject, will appreciate all help you can give me.

here is a pic of the backpack will look like, so far i have cut all pieces and will start to modify them tomorrow, had to stop due to a little accidente i had while cutting the pieces, gave myself a cut on a finger.

hopefully will finish in two days at a two-hour session per day.

post-3-1103882789_thumb.jpg

Looks great, and very well proportioned as a Battroid. The few fighter kit to battroid conversions I've seen always look too lanky to me ('thin as a drink of water' my grandpa would say).

I look forward to seeing it completed :)

Sean

ps - in addition to the pics, could you perhaps explain in a little detail about how you made the mod?

ohhh very nice how come Yamato cant do these things for us. and when they do it takes years, i cannot wait to see the finished verison

Looks great, and very well proportioned as a Battroid. The few fighter kit to battroid conversions I've seen always look too lanky to me ('thin as a drink of water' my grandpa would say).

I look forward to seeing it completed :)

Sean

ps - in addition to the pics, could you perhaps explain in a little detail about how you made the mod?

this thing compared to the 19 battroid was way mooore esay to do since almost all the pieces are included in the original kit, the only part you would need to do on are the arms wich i made using one of those hooks that we use to put clothes on, about 5 to 7 mm. in diameter and 3.2 cm long, the pieces that conect the chest with the backpack was scratchbuil and still need to be detailed. as for cuting the pieces all that i used was a very sharp razor likke the ones that are used to open boxes but beware since this razors cut the plastic way to easy and when i wasdoing the final cuts i cut my left index finger, and that stings like hell, so be carefull, i`ll try to finish it before my hasegawa VF-1 battroid arrives from mail.

sadly this models has no articulation but its main purpose is to see how it looks in battroid and to one day build a variable one for wich i`ll see if i can also buy a bandai semi variable VF-1 to use the piece that conects chest with backpack and the pieces that move the arms from fighter position to battroid, also i still have to figure out how to move the chest section in a way that covers the entire cockpit and where to place the swing bars for the legs. i have only a few banpresto variables wich help me to get an idea on how to do the transformation as showed in the OVA.

as for proportions like the 19 my goal was to make it without modifying any parts like the nosecone, since i once saw a battroid mode from a scan of dengeki hobby and the nose was shortened and i think that it was not necesary to do so and after seeing my model i can confirm that to my self.

just a bit off-topic, i think that yamato should go for a perfect variable VF-0 and do it at a bigger scale like 1/72 wich actually is big, or even better a 1/48 wich would make it easy to recreate all the gimmicks and mechanical transformation process.

what do you think? there is just no excuse fo them for not releasing a zero.

small update, lerx were corrected, thanks Ido didn't saw that one.

nopw what's left to do:

1.- detail the arm, i'll have to sculpt the details around it.

2.- add the lights where the chest connects to the back.

3.- finish painting, i want this to look like yamato's low vis valk.

also changed the arms position so now it holds the gun pod with both hands.

post-3-1104212794_thumb.jpg

thanks for all your replies, hopefully tomorrow at night i`ll post the finished model.

and graham about that variable zero you just convinced me to do a semi-variable one. still have some payments to do but as soon as i'm off with them i'll buy a zero and make it semi-variable like the bandai 1/72 variable kit.

unlike this project the semi-variable one will be documented with photos from the start of the project, i'll try to show it in a way that can make it look easy and be easy to do a custom one for anybody, and then we can all be free from those slackers at yamato who after 2 years haven't released any macross zero stuff. i think we can show them that we can do a variable zero...

by the way if anyone knows where to order polycaps and ball joints please let me know so i can get ahead with this project wich will be dedicated to everyone in this forums.

thanks for all your replies, hopefully tomorrow at night i`ll post the finished model.

and graham about that variable zero you just convinced me to do a semi-variable one. still have some payments to do but as soon as i'm off with them i'll buy a zero and make it semi-variable like the bandai 1/72 variable kit.

unlike this project the semi-variable one will be documented with photos from the start of the project, i'll try to show it in a way that can make it look easy and be easy to do a custom one for anybody, and then we can all be free from those slackers at yamato who after 2 years haven't released any macross zero stuff. i think we can show them that we can do a variable zero...

by the way if anyone knows where to order polycaps and ball joints please let me know so i can get ahead with this project wich will be dedicated to everyone in this forums.

Policaps and ball joint can be ordered form HLJ.com. I know only this site.

This guy made a resin kit of the yf-19 posable and He writed down all the joint system used and took some pics, it may help you. ;)

http://kitbash.net/m100/yf19ip.html