Help ID a picture

ewilen

Well the VFX-4 gerwalk is signed by Kawamori, though I'm not sure where it came from. There is a plane with an unfamiliar profile in the background of that picture; it's almost Legioss-like, but also admittedly very small and sketchily drawn.

I sent to a note to the GEARS site owner, maybe I'll get an answer.

Edited by ewilen

Never see this picture in TIA 3, 5, 7, 11; Macross perfect memory, Macross gold book, or any other macross art book !? :blink: But interesting concept, it looks like the strange valks you can see on the cover of entertainment bible 27, or inside entertainment bible 51 (VF 1SR,...)

Maybe from a Sky Angel issue ?

Well the VFX-4 gerwalk is signed by Kawamori, though I'm not sure where it came from. There is a plane with an unfamiliar profile in the background of that picture; it's almost Legioss-like, but also admittedly very small and sketchily drawn.

I sent to a note to the GEARS site owner, maybe I'll get an answer.

About the Vf in the background, i'm sure that is just a red vfx-4, look at the intake and the exaust/feets.

Really like a lot more the VF-4G design, that thing is fugly IMO.

Here's the answer I got...

Those images were found in old issues of B Club Magazine and the backs of older Macross art books.  The Valkyrie prototype at the top of the page seems to be a rejected production drawing that was later recycled as a historic prototype in the Macross setting.  All Studio Nue artwork.

Based on this the next place I'd look if I had the materials is B Club Magazine and the Red/Blue volumes 1&2 of TIAS. But I don't have any of them.

The site owner added:

If Macross fans visit Gears Online I can think of scanning some more images.

A little bit, but not much. Compare (this is apparently from B-club):

http://www.gearsonline.net/macross/bclub/val2.jpg

The main similarity I think is having guns built into the front of the packs, but the VF-1R I think just has one barrel/pack, while this thing has tri-barrels. And the extra doohickeys near the back of the packs are pretty different.