Gundam F91

Granted, I did pull a 180, I'm sorry, but you just sorta gotta take it for what its worth you know? While everyones got their own tastes, you gotta acknowledge the fact we're actually getting product and not having to go buy a bootleg where the chances of the subtitles are probably going to be out right horrible.

Nah, I don't feel obligated to buy an inferior product regardless of whether it's a legit release or not. Heck, even Bandai themselves were showing a fansubbed copy of F91 at Anime Expo during the late 1990s. Since I don't buy anime for the dub, the English 5.1 audio has no value to me.

I've got my LD (sans frame size and layer change anomalies) and that's more than good enough for now, until a new release with JP audio in 5.1 and/or better features appears in the market.

Thanks for warning everyone about this long overdue but ultimately unsatisfying release, though.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Man, I don't even have mine yet, and j00 guys are bringing me down! :(

I was excited about getting this. :(

Ultimately though, I would rather have the official release than a horribly subbed bootleg, and I don't have a LD player (haven't had one since oh...1990 or so) so I'll be getting it anyway. B))

Google it. I am sure you'll find more than you can shake a beam saber at.

It happened between CCA (UC 0093) and V Gundam (UC 0153). More precisely, between F90 (UC 0120) and Crossbone Gundam (UC 0133). Supposed to be far enough in the future where people's forgotten about the OYW, but it was only UC 0123 - 44 years after UC 0079.

I'll say it again, no one knows how to market Gundam in the US properly. <_<

It's a waste.

Just a few thoughts on what hurt Gundam in the US:

1) Bandai (Japan) and Sunrise preventing the original Japanese track from being on the US DVD's of Mobile Suit Gundam. Not to mention Tomino leaving an episode out for us American fans.

2) 9/11 - with about 6 episodes left to air on Cartoon Network, the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 derailed the complete airing of Mobile Suit Gundam. Subsequently, I believe this (9/11) effected the Cartoon Network airings of Stardust Memory and War in the Pocket (first delaying both showings then finally airing "TV7" edited versions on Adult Swim).

3) Cartoon Network's refusal to pick up Zeta. Not only did this delay the DVD release by about a year and a half, but it ruined the plans for releasing all the cool MSIA and 7.5" figures.

gundam's best friend in the beginning was cartoon network, without it wing would have never hit with the force that it did and we would'nt have had the wonders of gundam here for as long as we had

now due to what is becomming an ever present threat to gundam is cartoon network, which has pulled gundam from a once daily 5 pm slot to a once weekly slot at 1:30 in the morning on friday night, with no advertising to it's timeslot or specific series is playing, that and moving toonami to saurday nights and replacing it with all a mixed bag of saturday mornig cartoons from fox and the wb...

i hate who ever is in charge of their programing :angry:

9/11 was a scapegoat for canning 0079. CN was just looking for an excuse to drop a show that wasn't pulling in ratings. Now had they been smart enough to create a Gundam "block,' things would have been different. Say sandwhich it in with Wing or G, that way you pull in the kids who want to watch flashier animation. Although seriously, I don't see how CN, or the average CN watching kid could bitch about 0079's animation. Have you watched the other crap they show? Do they honestly expect people to believe that Ed, Edd, & Eddy, Scooby Doo, & whatever other generic crap fests CN show's during the day are animated better?

If anyone there cared, it wouldn't be too late. All they have to do is start an hour long weekday afternoon Wing/Seed fest.