Zelda: Windwaker and the Zelda 2005?

Effect

I finally picked up Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker and loving it. I thought the graphics would make the game bad when it was first announced but after playing it in the stores my opinion changed but it was only recently that I was able to pick up the game. Since there is a new Zelda game coming out in 2005 I've been trying to think where that came could fit.

Not I've only just started playing (up to the island where you have to try and buy a sail(can't find the place) so maybe this might be explained later and I didn't play Majora's Mask.

During the opening to Windwaker when its explaining things it talks about the Hero of Time. This is the adventure Link goes on in Legend of Zelda: OoT. Then it explains that the even came back to the land of Hyrule and people hoped the Hero of Time would come to save them but didn't. They never explain exactly what happens to the land but due to who the villian in Windwaker is I'm guess something happen during that time.

Maybe the new Zelda game out in 2005 would take place during that time? Think it would be interesting since they talk about that era but don't explain anything, at least from what I can see. Or perhaps the kid you play in Windwaker might be the one you play in the new game? What do you think might happen?

Also how are the Zelda games seperated? I was think it was this but not sure.

Zelda(NES) and Link's Adventure(NES) = One world and timeline.

Link to the Past(SNES), Link's Awakening (GB) and Seasons games(GBC) = one world and timeline

OOT, Majora's Mask, and Windwaker = One world and timeline

Or are they arranged in some other order?

Thanks.

Well, I believe it would be before, if anything, seeing as there are actuall "plains" as opposed to islands. ;)

For the most part, I see your time-line thing as correct, although I'm sure the Capcom games could slide into the current timeline. I don't know, I mean, the guy's already re-written the story twice, what's to say this isn't going to be the third? There is a GBA game comming out really soon; it looks like the most likely Windwaker sequel.

All I want is a new musical score. They've been using the same primary ones for 3 games! :blink:

I don't know if it still holds true but they used to say that the games came in pairs so the NES games are the same Link the N64 games are another link and ALTTP and Link's awakening are yet another Link. The Oracle games obviosly go together but I've played the new GBA Zelda and it can't be the same Link since he lives with his blacksmith grandfather while WW Link has a grandmother and a sister so I don't know where the new games stand.

I have the new gba zelda : the minish cap. Link looks like the ww link and the song in the shop and house are the same as in ww, otherwise there is always the main zelda theme in the game in several part of the game. There is also many references to the other zelda games, some monsters from the first zelda, sone music from ww, ...

This game is really nice but there is not a lot of dungeon in it : there are just 5 big dungeons. The game is also easy, you almost never die, in each dungeon you have 2 teleport at the middle of the dungeon and before the door of the boss. It's not like zelda3 where u had to travel again all the dungeon to go to the boss if u was killed. It's as easy as in zelda ww indeed.

Anyways, i think that this new zelda is great because you wont do dungeons after dungeons, you will have to travel around the map to do many side quests. Some people can argue that the map is little but as you can get little, there is other place to visit :). It is THE best new feature in this zelda : to get little, it's very cool, it remembers me cartoon like rescue rangers, minipouss ... I think there must have more secret place than the other zelda games and it looks not easy to finish the game at 100%.

I have not finished the game yet, i am in the 5th dungeon. Although the lack of dungeon and challenge, i really value the balance between adventure and classic dungeon.

Finally, i consider it as a must have for gba

+ a new zelda, not a remake

+ adventure more than dungeon

+ minish transformation

+ new funny object

+ many side quest

- easy

- only 5 dungeons

- little map

- minish transformation : maybe not enough used for puzzle

I think there's different Links.

I always assumed that the "quest" that the Hero of Time went on was to look for the Soul Edge and destroy it. :)

Yep, there are different Links and Zeldas. The Legend is that the first Princess Zelda was "harmed" by the Triforce of Power and the ruling monarch at the time declared all Princesses be named Zelda afterwards in her memory. (this is all explained in the Zelda II instruction manual)

Just as there is a Zelda in distress forever linekd to the Triforce, there is always a new hero forever destined to keep it safe. Sometimes the same hero in games that gave a timeline like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask and A Link to The Past/Link's Awakening. The first Link got his name because he "linked" the Triforce and the name stuck.

Zelda(NES) and Link's Adventure(NES) = One world and timeline.

Link to the Past(SNES), Link's Awakening (GB) = one world and timeline

OOT, Majora's Mask, and Seasons games (GBC) = one world timeline

Windwaker (GC) = So far stand alone world and timeline

BTW Effect, this discussion you brought up has been going on the Zelda discussion board at Nintendo.com for months. Everyone thinks Link dies at the end of that game and it will take place before the events of Windwaker.

Edited by Jemstone