Viewtiful Joe

Well, today I was looking at www.animesuki.com for fansubs of Macross Zero's finale and I stumbled across the first episode of Viewtiful Joe. The subs make sense, Nyu Blue is the fansubbing group. Now, this series stays true to the game in its artform and follows the game's intro. The music is awesome and the anime felt so much like the game that it was a good show. 52 episodes are planned and so far the only new character introduced is called "Boss" she has a tight outfit that shows her clevage and when she zips it back up the zipper comes back down. I'm sure all of us are familiar with the videogame so I'm going to skimp on the beginning of the series starting with the game. However, when Joe gets to Movie Land it is WAY different from the game, in the game you're thrown into a jungle or something and fight Yankees(the "cannon fodders" of the game) and then a Joker(guy with a sword and does all sorts of things. Usually a mid-stage challenge. Well, Joe is thrown into a city rather than some forest and the city is in ruins from Captain Blue's fight with him using the Six Machine against Hulk Davidson. Silvia was carried off by Hulk Davidson rather than the giant robot/creature grabbing her and making off with her. From then on, Joe faces Yankees and the Joker who then kicks his ass and then he meets Captain Blue and he tells him why he can't fight evil and blames his defeat on his physical shape. Well, Joe gets the V-Watch and says "Henshin A Go-Go Baby!" and then he goes back to the movie and fights a few Yankees and wards off the Joker who while retreating calls Joe "Ass-Fallen-Joe" after he tripped over a Yankee going after him.

So far, I like what I'm seeing. I give it an A. The music rocks, the animation is great and it's entertaining all the way though. :)

Here's the link: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/492.html

Enjoy. B))

Thanks for da heads up. I'll check this out later tonight. ;)B))

BTW. Who's going to pick up Viewtiful Joe 2? The first game was already pretty damn good.....I imagine the sequel is gonna be a lot better.

I watched Viewtiflul Joe this morning. For a series based on an intense action game, I think 52 episodes is way too many. The pacing of the first episode was very slow. Five minutes into the episode, and Joe and Sylvia weren't even at the movie theater where the game began! I don't mind if they want to spend a little more time developing the characters, but the only real development we got was that Sylvia is horny, and Joe needs to gawk in amazement at damn near everything he sees.

Skipped through it:

What I saw:

1.) Joker's voice sucks

2.) This show looks boring

3.) Henshin A.....wtf did he say? :huh:

52 episodes....I'm not gonna bother with this one.

*goes back to playing back-tracked-talking Dante in Viewtiful Joe PS2*

I think its "Henshin a go go baby!" or something like that.......doesn't one of our MW members here have some lil thing on his quotes?

Yeah it is.....but i was saying how the japanese said it sounded like....i dunno what. heh