a new addition to the family

VF-19 pilot!!!

Very nice pics and great looking kit. nicely done. my only thing is the big honking seam line running down from the nose thru the entire body.... you should have sanded and puttied that befoer you painted....It is otherwise a gorgeous looking kit. Great pilots and decal work.

Ben

Very nice pics and great looking kit. nicely done. my only thing is the big honking seam line running down from the nose thru the entire body.... you should have sanded and puttied that befoer you painted....It is otherwise a gorgeous looking kit. Great pilots and decal work.

Ben

He doesn't paint his models...

The black "paint " in the nose: is just decals?

It's a really nice work considering that!!! These hase models are incredible.

Very nice pics and great looking kit.  nicely done.  my only thing is the big honking seam line running down from the nose thru the entire body.... you should have sanded and puttied that befoer you painted....It is otherwise a gorgeous looking kit.  Great pilots and decal work.

Ben

He doesn't paint his models...

The black "paint " in the nose: is just decals?

It's a really nice work considering that!!! These hase models are incredible.

it looks like the nosecone is painted cuz the color differs somewhat from the black that looks like decals.

YF-19 pilot:

just some friendly advice if you want to be serious about modeling....

those are pretty nice looking kits....however if you want to improve your modeling skills then you should go through the filling and all the painting. your production rate will decrease dramatically but i think the results will be much better. i never puttied my kits either before, until i came to this board and was utterly blown away by the works here, eg mwcheung (sp?). once i started puttying, priming, etc , i immediately noticed the unsightly seam lines on my old models. So, I'm looking forward to your SV-51, since you'll obviously be doing a paint job on that!!! :D

Edited by JLYC

:D thanks for the advise JLYC

yeah everyone tells me about the puttying, and i'm sure i will start to incude that in future kits, but since I am just starting to build kits I.E, these are the first model kits i have ever built besides gundams kits, i am satisfied with my skill level for the moment.

i don't have all the time in the world to put weeks into what most people contribute to their kits, but you are right, i will give in eventually.

still, i figure they don't look bad for two days work.... :D

to be honest the seams really can't be seen by the naked eye, but really comes up very detailed because i am using a thousand dollar camera that catches every minute flaw and detail.

i have arleady begun the SV-51 and this i will inculde painting ect. but no putty still, so far so good. :D

i should be done by tomm. so i will post pics when i am finished

thanks for the comments and suggestions guys

i have learned alot about building in this forum and i will welcome any comments on the up comming SV-51

alan.

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

:D thanks for the advise JLYC

yeah everyone tells me about the puttying, and i'm sure i will start to incude that in future kits, but since I am just starting to build kits I.E, these are the first model kits i have ever built besides gundams kits, i am satisfied with my skill level for the moment.

i don't have all the time in the world to put weeks into what most people contribute to their kits, but you are right, i will give in eventually.

still, i figure they don't look bad for two days work.... :D

to be honest the seams really can't be seen by the naked eye, but really comes up very detailed because i am using a thousand dollar camera that catches every minute flaw and detail.

i have arleady begun the SV-51 and this i will inculde painting ect. but no putty still, so far so good. :D

i should be done by tomm. so i will post pics when i am finished

thanks for the comments and suggestions guys

i have learned alot about building in this forum and i will welcome any comments on the up comming SV-51

alan.

wow..a 2 day turnaround is very fast indeed :)

anyway keep up!! those are very good as your first non-snap kits a la gundam, especially the washes.

i don't have much time for modeling just like you...but at this point I'm more into quality than quantity...must be getting old :o

do keep us posted on the SV-51.