Top ten least favorite cartoons.

VortexVFX

God, man are you listening to yourself?  Do you realize what you've just said to support your argument?  Why shouldn't we like the first hero in a long running GREAT series of games?  Cuz Nintendo is stupid and thought to make him an idiot?  Konami should have sued for defamation of a great video game character....

Obviously whatever game Lana was from failed badly because everyone I've asked who seem to have been playing games since birth have no idea either (and I can think back to 87-89 when I played at least 150 games and still have no recollection of an "important" Princess Lana.

There's just no defending the the Zelda cartoon (which I have the entire season on tape and about 5 episodes on DVD since it's all about the music) and one word could describe Zelda in it; TEASE!  You know the shows are pathetic yet you still support them?  What am I missing here that's not making sense to me?

Um I did say I didn't think it was a good show... just that I had fun watching it cause I can laugh at it... its corny and it's a nostalga thing...

The Simon Belmont in Captain N has nothing to do with the character in the Castlevania games as far as I'm concerned... the show was so totally off anything from any of the games they are not even worth comparing.

Did King Hippo in Punch-out have blue skin? Was the main character of "Kid Icarus" even named Kid Icarus? No he was named Pit. Did Mother brain have a lair ON metroid? Was Metroid a place? I thought it was a lifeform.

Even the comics which did a much better job... were pretty far off... lets face it Gameland... isn't the land of our games... the fact that Kevin even understands whats going on shows he isn't from our earth, cause if he was playing the same games as us he'd wouldn't be able to say "I've played this game before the warpzone to metroid is here!" He'd be scratching his head and wondering what the hell was going on.

But back then I'd never heard of any of those games much less played them... that cartoon was my first exposure to Megaman, Castlevania, Metroid, Punch-out and scores of others.

And you just hit on a really good point, the Zelda Cartoon had great music... mostly redone themes from the games... and some of the episodes (a very few of them) were actually pretty good.

I had played Zelda before but it's not like the first game had developed characters... you had a guy in green who had to collect the triforce, defeate the evil wizard and rescue the princess and that is exactly what the cartoon gave us... not on the epic level Zelda desreves but on a cartoony silly level that fit most american cartoons of that era.

I think you missed the part in my last post were I said these WERE NOT good shows... but there is a nostalga factor and I can laugh at them.

God, man are you listening to yourself?  Do you realize what you've just said to support your argument?  Why shouldn't we like the first hero in a long running GREAT series of games?  Cuz Nintendo is stupid and thought to make him an idiot?  Konami should have sued for defamation of a great video game character....

Obviously whatever game Lana was from failed badly because everyone I've asked who seem to have been playing games since birth have no idea either (and I can think back to 87-89 when I played at least 150 games and still have no recollection of an "important" Princess Lana.

There's just no defending the the Zelda cartoon (which I have the entire season on tape and about 5 episodes on DVD since it's all about the music) and one word could describe Zelda in it; TEASE!  You know the shows are pathetic yet you still support them?  What am I missing here that's not making sense to me?

Um I did say I didn't think it was a good show... just that I had fun watching it cause I can laugh at it... its corny and it's a nostalga thing...

The Simon Belmont in Captain N has nothing to do with the character in the Castlevania games as far as I'm concerned... the show was so totally off anything from any of the games they are not even worth comparing.

Did King Hippo in Punch-out have blue skin? Was the main character of "Kid Icarus" even named Kid Icarus? No he was named Pit. Did Mother brain have a lair ON metroid? Was Metroid a place? I thought it was a lifeform.

Even the comics which did a much better job... were pretty far off... lets face it Gameland... isn't the land of our games... the fact that Kevin even understands whats going on shows he isn't from our earth, cause if he was playing the same games as us he'd wouldn't be able to say "I've played this game before the warpzone to metroid is here!" He'd be scratching his head and wondering what the hell was going on.

But back then I'd never heard of any of those games much less played them... that cartoon was my first exposure to Megaman, Castlevania, Metroid, Punch-out and scores of others.

And you just hit on a really good point, the Zelda Cartoon had great music... mostly redone themes from the games... and some of the episodes (a very few of them) were actually pretty good.

I had played Zelda before but it's not like the first game had developed characters... you had a guy in green who had to collect the triforce, defeate the evil wizard and rescue the princess and that is exactly what the cartoon gave us... not on the epic level Zelda desreves but on a cartoony silly level that fit most american cartoons of that era.

I think you missed the part in my last post were I said these WERE NOT good shows... but there is a nostalga factor and I can laugh at them.

Ahem....

You know the shows are pathetic yet you still support them?  What am I missing here that's not making sense to me?

What exactly are you still arguing and why did you even question why I picked both shows IN THE FIRST place if all you were going to do is practically repeat what I said? Are you arguing with me for the sake of arguing or was your first reply to me not a defense of those shows?

I can't belive people didn't like Captain N and the Zelda Cartoon... man those were two of my favorites... you have to laugh now that there are more refined versions of those characters that are nothing like their cartoon counterparts... I could just see them trying to release Captain N on DVD... you think Capcom or Konami would let them?

Ahem.. AHEM.......

I can't belive people didn't like Captain N and the Zelda Cartoon... man those were two of my favorites...  you have to laugh now that there are more refined versions of those characters that are nothing like their cartoon counterparts... I could just see them trying to release Captain N on DVD... you think Capcom or Konami would let them?

Again... I never said they were good shows... they were two of my favorites but I was young and stupid... Anyways... they are not good shows... and that isn't why I enjoy them... so why are we even fighting about it? Since you don't seem to know why we are fighting about it either lets move on.

Has Beyblade or Foo Fighters been mentioned for bad shows yet? Man those two suck.

see this is a top ten least favorite thread not a ten worst... on ten worst Captain N would most certainly make it... but I can laugh at it and it was a childhood favorite... so it's not top 10 least favorite.

Alien Vs Predator is a bad movie that I like

Shawshank Redemption and Bridge Over the River Kwai are masterpeices that I'm not that fond of.

Dosn't mean that I don't know AVP is bad and the other two are great... I do... but thats the way it is.

Edited by lord_breetai

does anybody remember the other ones name from Akklaim Entertainment? it had the guy from Wizards & Warriors, Bigfoot, and a Red Talking Tomato teaming up with some videogame playing Kid?

Video Power. Man I actually remember the live action game tips portion of the show, the host kinda looked like Tommy Tallarico, anyway the toon straight up sucked. Tried to rip off Capt. N another toon that i'm not fond of either.

You know the shows are pathetic yet you still support them?  What am I missing here that's not making sense to me?

Heh. This is the one reason that I think Transformers Headmasters (the dub) is the BEST SHOW IN THE UNIVERSE. Precisely because it is SUCH A PIECE OF RETARDED GARBAGE. I don't think any other TV show has entertained me more before or since. :D

Narrator: "There are now TWO Optimus Primes!"

Me: "What?? Where?! Show me them!!"

Heh. This is the one reason that I think Transformers Headmasters (the dub) is the BEST SHOW IN THE UNIVERSE. Precisely because it is SUCH A PIECE OF RETARDED GARBAGE. I don't think any other TV show has entertained me more before or since. :D

That didn't entertain me at all... the dub made my head hurt It was hard to make out what they were saying and it wasn't usually worth the effort not that the sub is much better mind you... oi!

That didn't entertain me at all... the dub made my head hurt It was hard to make out what they were saying and it wasn't usually worth the effort not that the sub is much better mind you... oi!

http://homepage.mac.com/thansson/headmaste...e1/episode1.htm

"Why would the decepticons come here?"

Gee, ya gots me there, pal. :lol:

Remember the bastardised TV adaptions of the DOn Bluth animated Arcade games?

Man, did those suck....

I also forgot to mention Video Kid, but for the fact of the matter is I actually forgot about that show.

I will admit that both He-man and She-ra were bad shows. But they were like so many others(Voltron, Thundercats, etc.) were fondly remembered in my childhood. Heel, He-man could be so unintentionally funny at times.

I'm shocked no-one mentioned that awful mighty ducks cartoon.

The way I look at it most of the action oriented shows were ok.

But, then when it came to the majority they sucked. . .

And the sad thing about it all, the list is still not finished :D . . .

Here's my list. . .

Smurfs

Snorks

Biscuts (Tiny dogs like "Smurfs")

Gummi Bears

Gilligan's Planet

Denver The last Dinosaur

Dinosausers

Captain Planet

Bigfoot

Goof Troop

Rescue Rangers

Just a few. . . . . ;)

Pirates of Dark Water.

Karate Kid cartoon. They searched for the "shrine".

Turtles

Dino Riders

The Dreamstone

Holy crap... I've forgotten the rest. I actually watched the pathetic Dreamstone KNOWING it was stupid but it was better than anything else on. Those other shows must have been abysmal.

james bond jr was confuscing because he was JR but he called the real bond "uncle bond" because obviously james couldn't be married or have illigitimate kids. though honesly he must have dozens by now.

post-26-1098544921.jpg

Edited by KingNor

Pirates of Dark Water.

Karate Kid cartoon. They searched for the "shrine".

Turtles

Dino Riders

The Dreamstone

Holy crap... I've forgotten the rest. I actually watched the pathetic Dreamstone KNOWING it was stupid but it was better than anything else on. Those other shows must have been abysmal.

I kinda liked Pirates of Dark Waters, never watched the whole series through though.

This is kinda OT but did anyone buy Galaxy Rangers volumes 1 & 2? That was a good cartoon.

I agree very good show, one of my favorites. . . :D:rolleyes:

Lol I hate turtles but I love to see that news reporter naked... :ph34r:

i don't remember that happening in the show. i used to love the turtles till i saw the comic it came from, then i thought the show was a disgrace.