Custom VF-0A, SV-51, Roy 0S

Dobber

Wow, thanks so much for the compliments. to answer some questions...the SV-51 was done completely in Testors modelmaster Acrylics. The 0S and 0A where mainly done in Tamiya acrylics. I moved over the summer and the local hobby shop has Tamiya paints!!!! Not a huge selection but good enough ;) I'm mainly used to using testors and probably a little more comfortable using them because I know what most of the colors look like. Tamiya still needs alot of trial and error for me to get the right colors. I also use colors straight from the bottle....i know proffessional modelers will mix colors to get the right shade that they are looking for but I generally don't have a problem getting the color I'm looking for.....then again I'm not a proffessional modeler :p !

Mounting: I just used a wire hanger that I cut to what length I needed. the base is just a standard wood base I got at Wal-Mart. I just used a standard nail and hammer for the hole in the base and then put the wire in the hole...they are about the same size...actually the hole is just alittle bit smaller so it makes for a nice tight fit! Still need to do something with the base though, not sure what...any suggestions?

Chris

p.s. if anyone wants to see more of the SV-51 I'll bump the old post that had some earlier shots of it when I had a good internet connection. the pictures will be clearer but the model wasn't completed yet.

• 3 weeks later...