Option parts set for the 1/48's

GobotFool

was looking at the small part that helps cover up the gap for the fast packs and thinking thats not just a great part for added support astheticiy that covers up the big gap behind the neck. Who would like to see yamato produce a special parts set, extra hands, improved side panels and such as add on parts, not needed parts but parts to aid in the look of the over all apearence in battroid.

was looking at the small part that helps cover up the gap for the fast packs and thinking thats not just a great part for added support astheticiy that covers up the big gap behind the neck. Who would like to see yamato produce a special parts set, extra hands, improved side panels and such as add on parts, not needed parts but parts to aid in the look of the over all apearence in battroid.

I'd be thrilled to see something like that. I too now use the FAST Pack reinforcement attachment even when I'm not placing FAST Packs on my 1/48 battroid. It makes the battroid mode mode solid and greatly helps with the appearance (look ma, no more gap!).

As a big fan of the VF-1J hands as shown in the pictures, I must say I want very much to persuade Yamato to release the hands in some sort of accessory pack. At the very least, add both "series hands" and "DYRL hands" in the next FAST Pack sets. At worst, include both special hands sets as part of the GBP-1 Armor set for the 1/48 (which I'm hoping is on the drawing board at least).

As far as other additional aesthetic accessories, I'm not really sure I'd enjoy all too many added parts. A few might be nice here and there, like the improved hands and the backpack gap, but too many gets a little cumbersome. The side covers for the left/right underside torso in battroid mode would be nice, but I'd prefer them to be small and cover up just the essentials. No need to have them run along the outside chest plate. That would ruin the 1/48's profile and make the battroid mode look too box-like.

It'd be cool if Yamato would release a Skull Squadron ground crew with the stuff you guys are talking about. Yamato did do a diorama set up when they were first displaying the prototypes for their 1/48 line. They could even throw in one of those small transport vehicles that Roy drives in the TV series a few times. The pilot figures would fit 'cause they're already sitting.

1064814841881_62.jpg

Edited by Sephiroth