The Return of Quake 2

hyp36rmax

Okay im feeling lazy and i'm just going to link this from the orignal site i got it from as well as the subaru site i frequent, nice and cool and witness the first few images of Quake IV.

http://quake.gamevision-network.de/forum/t...188f817bdf837f1

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread...d=1#post7576638

Enjoy, and Discuss..... :ph34r:

Metal sticking out of flesh (and sometimes the other way around) is a staple of Id's game universes. The game engines are the only things that have kept the Quake games from looking like DOOM.

I've been waiting on this game since it was anounced. Quake2 is still my all time favorite single player game. Not just the gameplay (one of the last games where you didn't have to reload the damn gun), but also the setting. Q2's universe has always grabbed my imagination.

I'm not quite sure why they want to maintain 2 different lines/universes.

$?

I agree though. Doom 1 and 2 looked much different than Quake 1 2 and 3, but Doom 3 looks exaclty the same as Quake 4 so far.... and because I was nonimpressed by Doom 3, I'm not likely to buy Quake 4 even though it's being done by Raven and not id.

Hopefully Half-Life 2 comes out, and I'm too busy playing it and Counterstrike 2 to notice anything else.

I've never been a Quake fan. The original did not impress me enough to bring me back to first person shooters, and the second one didn't really do it for me either. The third game completely lacked a single player mode (deathmatching bots does not count) so I wasn't at all intersted.

Apparently, Raven isn't emphasizing the mood as much as iD did for DOOM3, concentrating instead on the action. I don't know how I feel about that, since it was the mood and atmosphere (along with the eye popping visuals and masterfully created levels) that really made DOOM3 my favourite FPS game since DOOM][.

Still, I wasn't at all hyped for DOOM3 until I saw the trailer a day before the game's release. So, we'll see. The game certainly looks pretty, much like DOOM3, and Raven does make games I tend to enjoy. I'm really looking forward to them making a new Jedi Knight game using the DOOM3 engine.

Great! Another Quake game to play. I've had problems playing Quake 2 on my Dell since I uploaded SP1 for Windows XP a few years back. Everytime I run or fell into the water, the game would lock up. Maybe I just need a new computer...

Probably your video or sound card.

I read that Quake 4 is going to be more action based than horror in Doom3. In the end, it is all pretty much the same thing in every FPS - shoot everything that moves. Works for me.

Every game genre has a basic premise that you can boil every game in that genre down to. It's the actual execution of that premise that sets the good games apart from every other face in the crowd.