VF-19 in progess

flash

Well, I thought some of you might enjoy seeing pics of the VF-19 kit that Myersjessee was selling. (the 1/48 scale with teh VF-21)

I started the 19, not knowing it was the mor difficult of the two.

I've got all the pics linked off my main site chicagobrad.us, but thought I'd post some here for ppl to see.

Mind you, this is my first real resin kit, so I'm learning as I go (AKA dont beat me up too bad...)

I just want to say that these kits are incredible, and I can't wait to finish them up.

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

1/48 kit? can you take a pic with the Yamato VF-1x 1/48 near it instead of the 1/72 yf-19 please? :)

It looks nice and BIG, can't wait to see it finished.

I'll try to take a pic tonight, and add it to the group. It looks better than in the pics :)

Brad

Hey looking great, you know that's a recast of mine.

Thanks for sharing the pics, in the future you should resize them so they fit on the page though. Takes up a lot of bandwidth and HD space so we want to be considerate of Shawn and Graham.

Brad,

Looking good so far. Just be careful how much modeling putty you use, because as I'm sure you know, the more you use, the more you have to sand, and the greater the risk for losing panel lines/detail. Re-etching is no fun, I learned that lesson the hard way with my first resin kit.

Anyway, good luck, and it's cool to compare the Yamato to the Club M.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Hey looking great, you know that's a recast of mine.

Thanks for sharing the pics, in the future you should resize them so they fit on the page though. Takes up a lot of bandwidth and HD space so we want to be considerate of Shawn and Graham.

Looks great Flash. I just wanted to chime in and give credit where credit is due. MSLZ22 did a ton of work on both kits, Grayson and VF1SAlpha donated the kits. Without those three GREAT members this cool kit isn't a reality.

Big thanks to Grayson, VF1SAlpha and MSLZ22! You guys RULE! ;):D:lol:B))

Don't worry about the file size or bandwidth, the pics are hosted at my site,and then linked into this.

I'm learning about the putty, but I don't mind re-etching lines if I need to make smooth joints.

Here's the 1/48 VF-1 and the 1/48 VF-19

DSC00891.jpg

Edited by flash

Looking good.

A neat trick I use for less putty is mixing tamiya basic + lacquer thinner (the stuff you can buy a $10 can of from any hardware store) and just painting it on, similiar method to mr surfacer i suppose, but it covers wayyyy more.

Don't worry about the file size or bandwidth, the pics are hosted at my site,and then linked into this.

The unwritten, but generally understood policy of Macrossworld is that pictures posted should be around 640 pixels wide, no wider, otherwise it disrupts the page layout and forces people to have to scroll from side to side to read the whole post.

Please resize your pics and make sure any new pics posted are the correct size.

Graham

The unwritten, but generally understood policy of Macrossworld is that pictures posted should be around 640 pixels wide, no wider, otherwise it disrupts the page layout and forces people to have to scroll from side to side to read the whole post.

Please resize your pics and make sure any new pics posted are the correct size.

Graham

Sorry about the oversize, didn't know.

They are more browser friendly now :)

Enjoy!