1/100 MG Freedom Gundam

wolfx

Finally completed it. Before anyone asks, no I didn't paint it but I did panel line it and put on the decals. So here it is.

Neutral pose. It was surprisingly hard to get it to stand with its wings folded as it makes it back heavy.

post-26-1092672150_thumb.jpg

And that's all folks. Generally I like the model. Only complaint I have are the ankle exausts/vents. Like....there are 3 seperate pieces to the damn thing. The little vents keep coming out if I play with it too much. Gotta glue them in. But overall, very nice MG kit. B))

post-26-1092672719_thumb.jpg

HEY what material are the hands made out of? ABS,PVC or styrene?  And do the fingers gtet loose over time?(Worried about gun and saber usage)

Also how durable is this cimpared to a 1/48 or similar all plastic toy?

Like all model kits, the whole thing's ABS except some ball joints. Loose hands overtime...maybe.....but right out of the box pretty tight. Besides, the gun and beam sabers are very light so holding them even when loose isn't a problem. But as with most Gundam kits, the hands don't fit the rifle very well due to the shape of the rifle not really fiting the palm. So its kinda hard to get the rifle in the right position with the hands gripping it.

And how durable...well...its a MG kits so its pretty sturdy and not bad for playing.

PS: Oh i forgot to add a minor gripe, which is the shield. The shield attaches to the side of its arm. It fails to have a hinged joint to the arm like the MG Aile Strike and various other Gundam FIX stuff like the GP04. But at least it connects to the SIDE of the hand and not the BACK of it like most old designs.

Edited by wolfx

Can't wait for mine to show up. Got the table in the garage all ready for painting. Already painted my Red Frame Astray and GP03S parts runners.

Damn! this must be the most accured MG ever!.. I preordered mine and shipped 21 days ago so I think it will come this week together with my MG strike and MG EX-S looks like I only have to paint the EX-S because the new seed MG's dont need one drip of paint!

Well Wolfx, your freedom will look MUCH better than mine, I made a couple of dinks on it which I sorta regret, just horrible panel lining by accident which I'll have to live with.......think I'll probably never panel line a head again.

The Strike and Freedom are two of the best MGs I've built (and I've built most of the ones available... in some cases twice).

One thing I found that helps with the Freedom's wings is take the tube part they pop into and coat the inside with a thin layer of glue (I use crazy glue with the brush applicator) and let it sit and dry over night. The next day, pop the wings in (make sure th glue has fully dried first) and the wings should not budge unless you want them too.

Well Wolfx, your freedom will look MUCH better than mine, I made a couple of dinks on it which I sorta regret, just horrible panel lining by accident which I'll have to live with.......think I'll probably never panel line a head again.

Sad to hear that.... :(

I believe you can save it with some rubbing alchohol and water solution though. Ask the expert modellers what are your options.

Sad to hear that.... :(

I believe you can save it with some rubbing alchohol and water solution though. Ask the expert modellers what are your options.

Yeah. That's what I did when I panel lined my PG Zero, and I did it with a fine paint brush.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished with mine! (Actually finished during the week, except the dry transfer markings which I did tonight.)

post-26-1094457100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Gawd, that thing is SUCH a knockoff of the Gundam Double X... the Freedom Gundam couldn't hope to have such a kickass weapon as the Satellite Cannon! :)

It was once said on the Newtype forums that with all of the panels deployed, the Double X looked something like an enraged iguana... that philosophy holds true for Freedom also. :)

It was once said on the Newtype forums that with all of the panels deployed, the Double X looked something like an enraged iguana... that philosophy holds true for Freedom also. :)

Or a peacock looking for a mate. :lol: