Fresh off the planet NOOB!

Onore

Hello all this is my very first post here in MW. Yeah!! I was reading through the forums on various topics and its good to find people who are just as crazy about Macross as I am. My toy collection is pretty slim, as I only have 4 toys at the moment. :( I just purchased a VF-17s though and I cant wait to get my hands on it. I have a couple of questions: Does it matter what scale I get? I know they are different sizes but are the 1/48's more detailed then the 1/72's? Does name brand matter? Does Yamato deliver on some things and falls short on others? Thanks for putting up with my newness. I'm sure I'll have other questions soon!

hey, welcome welcome...

my opinion...

don't bother with the 1/60 unless it's for the two seater valks or the gbp-1s armour .. oh and the q-rau and up coming vb-6...

definitely get the 1/48's... completely worth the money, just fantastic sculpts, great attention to detail .

MPC VF-1 toys are hideous... you're better off getting 1/55 bandai reissues.

and the macross plus valks are cool... not anywhere near as nice as the newer stuff, but still pretty cool.

enjoy your stay and say goodbye to a well padded wallet.

Yeah I know my money is going bye bye real soon! :rolleyes: But thanks to Drad for helping me track down a 1/48 VF-1S!! :lol: Now if everything works out I can start planning my next move!

If you're like most of us on this board, you'll probably end up buying at least one of each scale from each manufacturer. If you're like xstoys, you'll end up buying at least one of EVERYTHING, from each manufacturer of each edition release of each variant from the box having a maroon lineinstead of a red line to a change in the stickersheet because the copyright date has changed. But I digress. I think they most of the toys out there have some merit. The MPC...I like their boxes. The 1/55s...nostalgia and strength of play. The 1/60...well I don't really like the 1/60 much anymore. The 1/48 is like the 1/60 on roids. And bigger is better. Funny thing is I've only got 1 1/48, so I got the Low Vis. And I've been practically giving away my 1/60s. Bobepatt will confirm this.

Yeah I know I'm going to go crazy with buying Macross toys and get yelled at by the wifey <_< , but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Phatslappy if you want part with any more of those 1/60s let me know :D

Good news!! I just got my VF-17S in the mail today! I'm starring at the package debating whether or not to open it up and play with it. The collector in me doesn't but the kid in me wants to have a Macross Vs Gundam showdown!! Still have no luck finding a 1/48 VF-1S though :(

Hey, ONORE, ya might wanna check the for sale section of the forums. I think there have been a couple of VF-1S that were put up on sale in the last 2-3 weeks. Goodluck on the VALK hunt, though, and I hope ya find one soon! :D:)

• 2 weeks later...