Keep them. They do have value. Especially the G1 and their Reissued counterparts. As i have stated before there are gems from each line. Even the movie lines have some nice figures ala HA New Mold Prime, Mixmaster, the new Leader SS

and some from the first movie two like ratchet and Ironhide. Classics!!! and yes GET ALL THE MPs as well as the THS.

Heh. I had all the Henkei, all the Masterpiece, and THS - and none of it worked for me.

And it was all mainly for one simple reason: the story just kept dying year by year and the original shows and comics just kept getting lamer and lamer every time I went back to them...

Also, I pretty much realized that I had been living in a closed little world where big corporations filtered awesome stuff from Japan to me. As soon as you see the awesome stuff for yourself... it just...puts a new perspective on things...

But...um...not to derail the thread here - since it's a SOC thread...

I highly recomend Daimos. I have him and he's amazing. At least I think so. Some people gripe about his poseability not being as good as it could be - but that's likely due to the fact that they effectively made him perfect transformation rather than parts-formation...

Anyways...

Oh - as for human figures - see... this is probably why I can't have Transformers... On top of all the Gundams,Macross and SOCs I just totally love Haruhi Suzumiya and must have all the Figmas and Revoltechs, and then I'm also into statues - so far just Yoko and Minmey...but I want to expand...

Plus, Transformers has this really bad "collect them all" vibe to them - like you really can't just have one or two ...I dunno..

um...back to SOC...

I am looking forward to my Tekkam Blade with Pegasus - even though, again, I've heard mixed things about it - I like it. I like how it looks. I generally like all my SOCs.

One day, I'm gonna make a comic book with all my different anime figures and toys and not one single Transformer.

Pete

Well I have every regular release SOC and love them all, obviously some more than others and I just can't wait for Daitarn to come out. But yeah if your a completest and need to get every SOC made it can not only drive you mad but put you in the poor house.

The Maxfactory Mazinkaiser is a nice looking figure but a little delicate, I've busted the shoulder covers on mine and one of the elbows won't extend all the way. By contrast my Aoshima Mazinkaiser is built like a brick but doesn't have the accessories or IMHO is as nicely styled as the MF one (which is understandable since one represents the game version while the other one is the Anime version) and a little to large to be displayed with SOC's. Both have pros and cons.

Well I have every regular release SOC and love them all, obviously some more than others and I just can't wait for Daitarn to come out. But yeah if your a completest and need to get every SOC made it can not only drive you mad but put you in the poor house.

The Maxfactory Mazinkaiser is a nice looking figure but a little delicate, I've busted the shoulder covers on mine and one of the elbows won't extend all the way. By contrast my Aoshima Mazinkaiser is built like a brick but doesn't have the accessories or IMHO is as nicely styled as the MF one (which is understandable since one represents the game version while the other one is the Anime version) and a little to large to be displayed with SOC's. Both have pros and cons.

What is it like to the 1000 fewture one??

Re: Maizinkaiser...

I guess I'm just happily alone in not wanting to die for it. I just can't help but prefer the original Mazinger Z - particularly with wings, turning into a fist...

Pete

How about this one?

It is coming soon... R u ready for the Golden Fist?! :lol:

27.jpg

cgk_gx49g_gold_600_163.jpg

Edited by macrossnake

The anima EVA is horribly ugly. I've got the version 2.0 So spec and I am sticking with that.

That Unicorn looks good... what is it - is it a model or a finished piece?

As to golden fist of doom...I'm also like "meh."

Not interested.

I just want the Mazinger colors and the transformation is good too.

Pete

The anima EVA is horribly ugly. I've got the version 2.0 So spec and I am sticking with that.

That Unicorn looks good... what is it - is it a model or a finished piece?

As to golden fist of doom...I'm also like "meh."

Not interested.

I just want the Mazinger colors and the transformation is good too.

Pete

ahem Dem fighting words Blasphemer!

UGLY??????? No other eva is uglier than the one from revoltech with the horn sticking out of its chest or two boats for shoulder pads. This one seems a cleaner version of that minus the gay add ons.

and wanna talk about ugly evas why not say the spider one with tooth pic hands

The Unicorn there is the model. There are only pictures of the GFFMC in computer 3 d unpainted print out mold. It shows it coming with the two Beam Gattling Guns whoohoo

Well, in fairness to Bandai - it's the design of animo EVA I don't like, so my reaction would have been the same for the Revoltech and other versions as well. As to the new EVA 05....haven't seen the movie...don't know how it moves...generally not impressed by the design either.

I just prefer the original three EVA designs from the first series is all :)

and I also prefer the series ending (episodes 25 and 26) to the "End of Evangelion" Movie).

I'm just that old fashioned ;P

Pete

That Metal FIX Unicorn is sweet but with a price tag of 18,900YEN is a little steep.

There is this Hong Kong dollar store (hk dollars stores, sell items for 50bucks cause they have so much dam money) called ONES ,

There the TIT Unicorn Gundam goes for 140 plus taxes thats 158

If you want the double gatling beam cannons that an extra 50 bucks

so now your at over 200 bucks

Then you need to build, label, and either paint or accent paint, panel line blah blah

So for the money the GFFMC is well worth the money. Most likely it will be re-engineered for better poses. It will be expertly painted, detailed come loads with accessories. The fact I had mine and the panel transformation was horrid

So yeah 189 =200 CDN well worth it. Even with the extra 20 to 30 bucks shipping

AND METAL!!!!

There is this Hong Kong dollar store (hk dollars stores, sell items for 50bucks cause they have so much dam money) called ONES ,

There the TIT Unicorn Gundam goes for 140 plus taxes thats 158

If you want the double gatling beam cannons that an extra 50 bucks

so now your at over 200 bucks

Then you need to build, label, and either paint or accent paint, panel line blah blah

So for the money the GFFMC is well worth the money. Most likely it will be re-engineered for better poses. It will be expertly painted, detailed come loads with accessories. The fact I had mine and the panel transformation was horrid

So yeah 189 =200 CDN well worth it. Even with the extra 20 to 30 bucks shipping

AND METAL!!!!

I am also looking forward to the GFFMC Unicorn very much.

However, I wouldn't bet any money on it until I see the final product and review.

I just don't want to see a half done 'white plastic' looking product as Z-plus.

Edited by macrossnake

I am also looking forward to the GFFMC Unicorn myself.

However, I wouldn't bet any money on it until I see the final product and review.

I just don't want to see a half done 'white plastic' looking product as Z-plus.

dont believe the negative reviews. The best one i say was the 23 min CDX one and it sold me

I now own the candy red one and its the best dam decision i made.

Same goes for the rx78 version ka with the g-fighter gray version

Love it

dont believe the negative reviews. The best one i say was the 23 min CDX one and it sold me

Love it

I own both Psycho Gundam and G3 version RX78 too. I simply not understand why Z-plus is not fully painted as 'ALL' GFF MC series product should be.

I want to see the Z-plus paint quality is the same as the rest of the MC product. Even with many transformation parts, it should still hold... (After all both Psycho Gundams have some transformation too.)

I am not saying Z-plus is not a good toy. I would simply expect better paint/finish quality imho.

Is anyone getting this one... GX-51. I still think the chest armor doesn't look 'right' somehow.

Please show some photos if anyone has it in the future... ^_^

GX%2051-015.jpg

I like this robot. Heck I grew up watching the cartoon

Only i would get an soc in a heart beat for a transforming one like that little japanese company did

I'm getting it and it should be out the end of the month. I still prefer the classic tv show version of GX-18 to the OVA look but Getter Dragon is in my top five all time favorite SR's.

Your probably talking about the Studio Halfeye Perfect Change Getter Robo. There amazing works of engineering but so expensive and fragile (they even give you a screwdriver to tighten the joints) and quite small. But since SHE is out of business it's a moot point.

I might get the Metal FIX Unicorn since I do have the Metal FIX RX-78-2 with G-Fighter and I consider the Unicorn a landmark in Gundam design. My priorities are SOC's first and foremost and with a new Com-Battler and Daitarn coming out I have to pick and choose. If worse comes to worse I might just get a 1/100 model kit of it.

Love it

CDX does some pretty good reviews. I don't always agree with them, but they provide enough pictures and usually video to assist a viewer on making a purchase. In this economy, and at the prices some of our collectibles sell for, that's an outstanding free service.

When did this happen?

That's very sad. Too bad. They made some awesome stuff. Guess there were not many folks able to buy it though..eh?

Pete

It happened about a month ago, officially there not out of business but "re-organizing" but they did fire all their employees. It seems the president will still continue to make kits but they will be garage kits and even more expensive. I guess it's just the economy, these toys take a massive amount of engineering and the whole company was just basically a handful of guys so with the rescission and the high costs they couldn't sustain the business. These were very specialized toys and never meant for the general fan so it was bound to end sooner or later.

It happened about a month ago, officially there not out of business but "re-organizing" but they did fire all their employees. It seems the president will still continue to make kits but they will be garage kits and even more expensive. I guess it's just the economy, these toys take a massive amount of engineering and the whole company was just basically a handful of guys so with the rescission and the high costs they couldn't sustain the business. These were very specialized toys and never meant for the general fan so it was bound to end sooner or later.

That's a shame. Times are tough on everyone right now. Except our bankers execs. They had to take a 90 percent pay cut cause they blew all the bail out money. Now they're only making 1/2 million a year. And that's after a 90 percent pay cut.

That's a shame. Times are tough on everyone right now. Except our bankers execs. They had to take a 90 percent pay cut cause they blew all the bail out money. Now they're only making 1/2 million a year. And that's after a 90 percent pay cut.

Hah. Hah. IF ONLY!...

From what I read, bankers gave themselves big bonuses because their accounting guys basically tallied up the bail out money as "profits" - ergo the banks made profits (despite being effectively bankrupt) - ergo the bosses get bonuses.

That is really too bad. I remember even before the depression, when I actually had money to spend, I just could never must enough of it to buy even one of their products - though I was really really interested in doing so.

From this discription, it sounds like they really are re-organizing. That is to say - if one guy will continue with it, then it'll just be a case of a man who is self-employed - this means less taxes to be paid - whereas when he employed other people, it was a company, and he probably had to pay social security (or whatever the equivalent in Japan is) plus income taxes etc for the employees (and maybe health etc)...

Anyways... it is really too bad.

This is a company that did stuff that we all would really dream of owning...

a pioneer company.

I hope the guy doesn't quit and keeps at it.

Eventually the economy will improve and people will still want to pay for his skilled craftsmanship.

Pete

Could just be the camera flash and lights since it does look a little darker on the box art. But I do prefer it a little darker but not as dark as Voltes since Voltes and the old Com-Battler have a very similar paint scheme and color tone and it would be nice to differentiate them a bit more.