Hurricane Charley is coming

Well....

a little over 12 hours from now, Hurricane Charley will most likely be making landfall just south of my hometown. About everything that can be done has been. Most people aren't evacuating it seems....hopefully the tidal surge won't flood out the area. Thankfully, I'm in an E-Evacuation Zone.....so we're the last to go and Im only a few miles from the White Zone (safe zone as far as tidal surge and such).

With alot of luck, we wont necessarily lose our power....but Im sure we will. Looks like no work for me tomorrow....which is both good and bad. Ah well....I'll let y'all know as I do. If I can, I'll post during the hurricane.

Say a prayer, dance a jig or wail to your ancestors...its dont matter to us. I'll hopefully still have power tomorrow.

Now to sit and do something mind numbing....like play EverQuest! ;)

1st Border Red Devil/Brooklyn Red Leg/Rabid Southern Cross Fan

I live in Orlando Fl. I think i may have it worse though. Some days when it rains cats and dogs for about 1 to 2 hours it really starts to flood about 2 to 4 inchs high in some places and thats just about after a hour or so. They also said it may get larger to a level 3. I just hope the power doesnt go out too but i have had the power go out with much less then what is charley. There are also tornade watches going on right now.

I also dont want to miss Toonami and adult swim tomorrow.

One thing i do find kind of funny i go to high school. Yesterday most of the kids were like "yes i get to miss a day of school."(but we get a day taken out of another holiday away so it doesnt matter) i dont know about yall but id much rather go to school then have a hurricane any day. most of these kids at school dont even know of the true dangers of a hurricane.

hey, may be it will get alex medina for us

:lol: alright Macrossworld you heard the guy lets us all get together and start praying for Alex Medina's painful demise. :lol::lol:

Alex Medina ripped dozens of Macrossworlders off in the for sale section, looks liked he ripped off a bunch of ebayers as well. apperaently he has been around these boards under a few different names (we beleive Peter Medina is one of them) he is nothing more than a pile of pig excrement and the worse kind at that. we are hoping gets his real soon, maybe the hurricane will collapse his roof on top of him and he will die a slow agonizing death :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who is that?  :huh:

Seriously though, good luck.  I hear it is gonna be a rough one.

Mr. Medina seems to be the real name of Mechafreak who ripped some MW'ers off with his fake sales and presumely lives in Florida. ;)

Zeo-mare beat me with that. :lol:

!!!THUNDER!!!

Edited by Wabbit

I  dont want Mechafreak to die painfully. I want him to live painfully by being raped in a cell.

thats a good idea as well, how about a mix of both, the roof falls and virtually crushes him, causing massive pain, then rescue crews find him and free him, police realize who he is , books him for theft at his hospital bed. and we get lucky he goes to jail and gets what he deserves everytime he takes a shower :lol::lol::lol::lol: thats far better in my veiw :lol::lol::lol:

I  dont want Mechafreak to die painfully. I want him to live painfully by being raped in a cell.

thats a good idea as well, how about a mix of both, the roof falls and virtually crushes him, causing massive pain, then rescue crews find him and free him, police realize who he is , books him for theft at his hospital bed. and we get lucky he goes to jail and gets what he deserves everytime he takes a shower :lol::lol::lol::lol: thats far better in my veiw :lol::lol::lol:

...you all love your toys more than humanity itself. :o

First i thought you guys were being wussies about this(I live in NC, and we were going to get the hurricane AND the trop. storm AT THE SAME TIME. :( ) But if it's a Cat 4, ....meah, sleep it off. ;)

its horrible to say it...but Charley aint coming directly into the Tampa Bay area. We'll still be rained out in my area....so some flooding...but not the 14 foot storm surge that they originally predicted

Yeah i know on channel 2 they show the eye going right through Orlando which is just lovely. It has already started to rain from that front area here

But if it's a Cat 4, ....meah, sleep it off.

Its kind of hard to sleep off up to 145 mile an hour winds and maybe tornades.

Well, dude, I'm getting 2 storms in 2 DAYS! :blink: When you have been thru more hurricanes than there have been years in your life, it's kind of hard to care about each one. That Cat 5 that was downgraded to 3 a few years back got us nervous, but not many hurricanes do in North Carolina.

NM, Fox News jumped the gun, still a Cat 4

Edited by Anubis

Hey guys, good luck.

I'm in Austin right now visiting my mom, so I'm out of the storm.

...what sucks is my car's in Clearwater (where I left it before heading out here) in an area that's been evacuated... *groan*

Yea... sucks for the folks in Sarasota.. I've been keeping in touch with a friend of mine going to New College... poor girl left all her stuff behind at her apartment...

...you all love your toys more than humanity itself. :o

Evil overlords in the making... :ph34r:

Count me in that prayer. I hope Medina gets all his belongings ripped from the earth. I dont want him to die... just suffer a lot and wish he was killed. :D

Anyway, good luck to everyone else. Stay safe.

Well, I just talked to a friend in Deltona...

The town's getting nailed pretty hard with rain and wind.