Macross Dvd's....

e_jacob77

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what makes the 9 disc version the better??? Does it come with anything the other versions don't??? I am considering buying the collection and am deciding on ebay for the 9 disc series, or just getting the box set......Can you help me...??

i too am not to sure wich version fo the original serise to buy. i think this thread might get flamed as a noob question, but i'll be right here gettin flamed with u :lol:

i wanna know and i'm too lazy to do a search and read. which set has the best subs n stuff.

Hi all,

And which set has better special features....ya know...That noob thread is bogus man, they should have just takin the time an did a FAQ section instead...Nobody is really gonna take 6 hrs to read 80 or more pages to find a newbie answer....Sorry grahm and shaun that is just my opionon....

The Animeigo 9 disc set is far superior. It's remastered for improved quality over even the original releases. On top of that, the subs are top notch. Not much in the way of special features, although I've heard that there are alot of easter eggs that I just haven't hunted for yet.

The only version available (in the U.S. & Canada) is the 9 disc "AnimEigo" version. If it doesn't say "AnimEigo," it's a bootleg. And if it says "Madman," it's not a bootleg, but it also won't work on your NTSC TV. The 9 disc version is seperated into 3 "3 disc" box sets, so make sure you know what you're getting before you pick anything up.

Yeah, as everyone else said, the remastered Animeigo disks have by far the best image quality. The sub quality on all of the boots I've seen leaves quite a bit to be desired. I have one set (forget which), and the dialog is completely nonsensical. If you weren't already intimately familiar with the story, you'd have absolutely no idea what was going on. Just awful.

Definitely go for the Animeigo sets. If you really want a quality Macross TV set, it's the only way to go.

HI all,

I guess my question is a little confusing....You can buy all nine discs in one lump sum, you can get the three box set, or you can buy the discs individually...I was curious if the bigger box set carried anymore special features?????

HI all,

I guess my question is a little confusing....You can buy all nine discs in one lump sum, you can get the three box set, or you can buy the discs individually...I was curious if the bigger box set carried anymore special features?????

If you buy per box set (of 3 dvds) instead of per disc, you get a black box with it. So if you get all three boxes, each three dvd's have a black box for 'decorative' purposes and keeping them stored tidy.

And often if you buy the whole lot at once, it might be more cheaper than buying them seperately.

To sum up: You can buy a disc seperately, can buy a box with 3 discs or buy 3 boxes at once.

Edited by Wabbit